Page 693 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 193593643683689690691692693694695696697703743793 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,395 of 17378
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by graves0777 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Both flavors of the Uncanny Avengers Omnibus and the Fraction FF Omnibus are up on IST at 50% off this week.
    What are your guys opinions on these two? Not sure if I should grab them.
    I'm going to get both. I read the first two volumes of the UA and stopped thinking the NOW material would end up Omni'd. Now I can sell those for some modes coin further offsetting the Omni get and finish that series.
    I've heard mixed things on the Fraction FF so that's kind of a blind buy for me as well.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Debating picking up Uncanny Avengers Omni this week for 50% off at IST. Decisions, decisions...

Quick question for anyone who has the Star Wars Marvel Years Omni: Did they go back and add "MARVEL COMICS GROUP" to the cover banner/corner boxes to match the original covers, or leave them black as was the case in the DH reprints? Somewhat silly question I know, but it'd be nice to see those oversized covers with a giant MARVEL COMICS GROUP instead of having a blank box/banner across the top.
    The Marvel banner is there just as it was in all those floppies from back in the day. The covers and pages look great , in spite of what you may hear. I have encountered a few (4 pages) of content with some ink bleed thru but the pages were all still readable and they were all from issues other than my favorite Empire strikes Back and New Hope issues. Get the Hildebrandt cover if you can. That cover painting looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    +1

I know many think it's "cool" to put down Chinese imports and the current economy of manufacturing goods dominated by China but from what I've seen , it has no direct bearing on the quality of books. There have been good and bad regardless of where they are made, Omnibus books included.
    Yes, one of my pet peeves is when people go on and on about cheap things coming from China. As if it's China's fault.
    If people are buying cheap Chinese made products, blame the companies. THEY dictate the quality standards for their products, not the folks in China.
    I have a lot of high quality things made in China. And I have low quality things made here in the US and in various other countries.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

OK, so I ordered Uncanny Avengers omnibus, Fraction's FF omnibus and Invisibles Deluxe Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    OK, so I ordered Uncanny Avengers omnibus
    I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Way too many!
    Okay, I should have expected that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I believe it's 3 TPB, 4 PHC and 1 OHC, and one of each coming out in the spring.
    Thanks very much.

All-New Member

I only read a little of Uncanny Avengers but I really liked what I saw. Remender seems to enjoy drudging up a lot of the 90s stuff like Age of Apocalypse and Onslaught and I'm a huge fan of those, for better or for worse, so it just works for me. YMMV. Anyway, much like Captain Craig I stopped early on because I figured an omnibus was inevitable and I didn't want a repeat of Uncanny X-Force where I ended up rebuying the whole thing.

Other than the Acuna art, I have no idea why they put that garbage into an omnibus. Sorry, UA fans. I know it's only my opinion.
    And, watch, that shit will stay in print FOREVER while classic, well-written GOLD like Silver Surfer's first series is out of print.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    If people are interested, a slew of new digital collection files for Star Wars are going up this Thursday.

Several new Omnibuses are among them, including the 1998-2006 run of Star Wars/Star Wars: Republic that includes the Quinlan Vos stories. Check out:
    1- Omnibus: Rise of the Sith
    2- Omnibus: Emissaries and Assassins
    3- Omnibus: Quinlan Vos: Jedi in Darkness
    4- Omnibus: Menace Revealed
    5- Omnibus: Clone Wars (3 volumes)
    6- Omnibus: Dark Times (2 volumes)

Also, Omnibus: The Other Sons of Tatooine is essentially a part 3 of "Omnibus: At War with the Empire" (2 volumes), collecting the remaining issues of the "Empire" and "Rebellion" series.

They're also releasing the four Classic Star Wars TPBs, which collected material originally published as newspaper comics back in the late 70s and early 80s (reformatted to be released as issues in the early 90s). And a whole lot of other stuff, both good (Jedi vs. Sith, Omnibus: Droids, Omnibus: Infinities, etc.) and of questionable quality (Underworld, Tales, etc.)
    Much appreciated. I have so many incomplete Star Wars minis. Will be looking to pick these up.

Quote Originally Posted by graves0777 View Post
    What are your guys opinions on these two? Not sure if I should grab them.
    Uncanny Avengers is a fun story but suffers a lot from art issues. They opened with a fantastic artist (John Cassaday) who I feel didn't capture the spectacle of the opening arc. A few insonsistent issues. Acuna takes over later (except for some pretty terrible filler issues) and he seems to be a good fit for the stories. I personally like his style. The worst part of the book is that the story is wrapped up in Axis. A bad event, with more poor art from some great artists.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I'm sorry.
    Ha.
    Yeah I'm a glutting for punishment I suppose. I read the first few issues when they came out and wasn't impressed but I think it picked up. Either way, I'm getting it for 50 percent off, so I can probably sell it and it won't be that damaging to the wallet.

For those picking up the Uncanny Avengers omnibus, are you going regular cover or DM?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheska View Post
    For those picking up the Uncanny Avengers omnibus, are you going regular cover or DM?
    DM version, strictly because it features Wonder Man. I plan on unloading my singles as soon as the omni arrives.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Regular cover for me. The action pose wins out.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

If I were to buy it I think the DM looks better.