Page 568 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 684685185585645655665675685695705715725786186681068 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 17378

This weekend, I had time to dig into some new purchases (which I thanks the thread for the recommendations).

I zipped right through the Young Avengers OHC. Great stuff. For such a cheeseball/cliche/didn't-they-have-these-kind-of-silly-ideas-in-the-50s concept, this was a great read.

I then jumped straight into the Children's Crusade OHC as it seems the natural progression in the YA story. I liked it. Didn't love it like YA, but it was pretty good and certainly picked up toward the end.

That said, I should be ready for the YA omnibus!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    whaat???????
    I'll second that...whaaat?????

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    The content in it is really good, but can be found elsewhere. The problem is:

I have recently come to appreciate her more now that I've read her old stuff (the Masterworks) and her recent stuff under "Captain." But I never followed this run. I may add it to my collecting watch list.
    I think I'll give it a shot. I've been using a book stand for reading omnibi and wanna try something bigger than an absolute lol.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Anyone know what Volume of Hulk it was where he battled Zeus? I think it was written by Greg Pak.

Yeah, that's true. There's an LCS here that has been a goldmine for TPBs but if I can't find them i'll just wait.

Forum side note; CrazyOldHermit was banned? He seemed really nice.
    As far as I can see he is temp banned for comments he made in another part of CBR. He will be back.

whaat???????
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I'll second that...whaaat?????
    Yeah I know. I noticed when I went looking for a link on page 1. Maybe he went into an appreciation thread and was driven insane.

This weekend, I had time to dig into some new purchases (which I thanks the thread for the recommendations).

I zipped right through the Young Avengers OHC. Great stuff. For such a cheeseball/cliche/didn't-they-have-these-kind-of-silly-ideas-in-the-50s concept, this was a great read.

I then jumped straight into the Children's Crusade OHC as it seems the natural progression in the YA story. I liked it. Didn't love it like YA, but it was pretty good and certainly picked up toward the end.

That said, I should be ready for the YA omnibus!
    Once you've read the recent run post please. I wanna hear what you think

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    I think I'll give it a shot. I've been using a book stand for reading omnibi and wanna try something bigger than an absolute lol.
    I flipped/read it on a desk then used the digital copy.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    As far as I can see he is temp banned for comments he made in another part of CBR. He will be back.
    Ah cool. Thanks for the heads up.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Anyone know what Volume of Hulk it was where he battled Zeus? I think it was written by Greg Pak.
    That was Incredible Hulks #622, which is in Chaos War: Incredible Hulks.

Yeah I know. I noticed when I went looking for a link on page 1. Maybe he went into an appreciation thread and was driven insane.

Once you've read the recent run post please. I wanna hear what you think

OK, now THAT was funny.

Yes, I'll post a few brief thoughts on it. I'm betting it will be good (or I'm crossing my fingers anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by JShilpetski View Post
    Thanks, appreciate that a lot.

Spectacular Member

whaat???????
    It seems he fell on the wrong side of the justice mob.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    So who is leading the Welcome Home Party Committee?
    I nominate Canucked.

J.D

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

For those of you who own and/or have read the Evolutionary War Omnibus, what are your thoughts? I know this was probably covered some time back on the (previous?) thread, but any comments would be appreciated.

I’m able to purchase it for ~$28. Now I know that’s nothing amazing for those of you in the US, but in Europe, I would say that’s pretty decent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JShilpetski View Post
    I felt that was where Pak's Hulk run started going downhill. I loved the first half of it to death. That was a decent issue, but being locked into the Chaos War narrative wasn't the best thing. I found that mini event (Chaos War) a bit lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    For those of you who own and/or have read the Evolutionary War Omnibus, what are your thoughts? I know this was probably covered some time back on the (previous?) thread, but any comments would be appreciated.

I’m able to purchase it for ~$28. Now I know that’s nothing amazing for those of you in the US, but in Europe, I would say that’s pretty decent.
    It's a bit jumbled and hit or miss. It's one of Marvel's early events that was spread across most of their annuals, best compared to Atlantis Attacks. Much like AA I find Evolutionary War to be good through nostalgia goggles but without them I imagine it would fare poorly. It's certainly nothing that I would ever consider a 'classic'.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    You really have to watch what you say in these forums now, the wrong political opinion gets you banned in other sub forums, no warning (looks like that's what happened to Hermit). Shame really. This used to be an open and welcoming place. Hopefully Hermit will be back soon, he's a genuinely good guy and a valued poster here. It would be a shame to lose him.
    Last edited by aquitaine; 12-01-2014 at 07:20 AM.

[QUOTE=Raffi Ol D'Arcy;747087]For those of you who own and/or have read the Evolutionary War Omnibus, what are your thoughts? I know this was probably covered some time back on the (previous?) thread, but any comments would be appreciated.

I’m able to purchase it for ~$28. Now I know that’s nothing amazing for those of you in the US, but in Europe, I would say that’s pretty decent.[/]

Some of the annuals read like good single issues. The Punisher annual is good, so is the Uncanny X-Men annual. There are others. If my memory is correct, it was a summer event. The first two months were alright but the end of it is nothing great.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.