Page 215 of 223 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3332

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I remeber that Reis did like one and a half issue of Terrifics before bailing.
    He was never actually supposed to draw it in the first place lol. Shaner was supposed to be the artist but he was too damn slow so they asked Reis to help. Reis is such a loss because he’s good AND fast which is a rare occurrence in modern comics.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember the New Age of Heroes where it felt like they were banking on the artists selling the concepts since they were the ones driving it...
    That’s true. Having big name artists didn’t help that line.

But having someone like Reis on an event makes it seem so much more epic.

Ultimate Member

I forgot to mention this..

Little Golden Book Funko Pop Wonder Woman Big Little Trouble is up for final pre-order this weekend.

Hardcover and softcover of Justice Society Of America HC 2022 V1 The New Golden Age as well.

Of note-Speedforce #2 only has 2 variants.

Everyone else except for Batman & Robin and Action Comics 1061 has 3-4. Action has 8. Batman & Robin has 5.

If I was read inbetween the lines-Outsiders (who has 3) had better orders than Speed Force.

I think pretty much all the original artists bailed at some point.
    Most/all of them really early too, I dunno if anybody made it past issue 6 before leaving. It's the only real misstep that entire initiative had, far as I'm concerned. I was really impressed with DC and how they spun those books out; quality marketing effort and a product worth pushing. It was doomed from the start but I can't blame DC for that at all, that was entirely the fans not putting their money where their mouths were.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

DC trademarked Metal Force.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    DC trademarked Metal Force.
    That’s interesting what with Snyder coming back.

Though as Bleeding Cool pointed out

Trademark covers a wide range of products, from books to clothing.
    DC Metal Force may extend to toys, games, and sporting goods.
    Merchandise could include bags, accessories, and leather goods.

It really could mean anything.

Sounds very 90's.

I wonder if they're trying to revamp the Metal Men.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Damn that’s another huge loss art wise for DC. They still have Jorge Jimenez, Rafa Sandoval, and Daniel Sampere for now at least.
    I think this is the first real loss for DC - the others had not really done regular work at DC for a while now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That’s true. Having big name artists didn’t help that line.

But having someone like Reis on an event makes it seem so much more epic.
    This will be his last event with DC

Tom Taylor creating a fully-fledged female Supervillain? Like a legit Supervillain? As I live and breathe!

Ultimate Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/a-my...d-carrying-on/

Just food for thought...

"The other entity that is causing distress to the direct market in regards to collected editions is Amazon. While I suspect there actually may be a MAP in place with Amazon, they most likely work around that by preordering at full price. Then, six months later, when they are released, they are automatically discounted by 46%. Other retailers can't compete with 46% off. Not 40% off, not 36% off and not 30% off. I have spoken with store owners who no longer carry collected editions. They even tell their customers they are better off buying from Amazon."

DC Comics essentially cares little about the overall direct market. We used to have a forum for direct communication with DC about our concerns or upcoming projects. DC shut that down. They did not want to hear anything from the 1998 retailers who weren't DCBS and Midtown.

Do you remember when Marvel and DC did subscriptions directly from them? These subscriptions are still around. Who handles orders and shipping for their subscriptions? Midtown Comics.

"Here's where things get interesting. My DC Comics discount at Lunar is so awful now I am better off ordering from DCBS at 40% off the cover price than buying wholesale at Lunar at 35%. You did not read that wrong. DCBS and Lunar are the same company. DCBS is for consumer sales, and Lunar is for distribution to retailers for resale. How does it make any sense that the very consumers I'm trying to sell to for a profit can buy the same books I am wholesaling from the same company for less?

Here's how things get worse for Lunar and DC. DC distributes collected editions through Penguin. I am better off ordering collected editions from DCB************/InStockTrades.com or Amazon, where I can get 50% off and free shipping, than buying wholesale at Lunar Distribution, where I only get 35% off and pay shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kelly Thompson is working on a BL pitch per her latest Word Balloon interview
    I wonder if it's Wonder Woman? Or probably Harley .
    Oh.... I thought BL was Black Lightning at first, but of course it's Black Label. Can definitely see it being Harley, as around 50% of Black Label titles seem to be Bat related.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh.... I thought BL was Black Lightning at first, but of course it's Black Label. Can definitely see it being Harley, as around 50% of Black Label titles seem to be Bat related.

SO did i ...
    Don't complain. Create.

Ram V on Word Balloon teases that he has stuff in the works that might involve the Authority and the New Gods.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/