Page 208 of 345 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    she got me when she stated TCHALLA WILL ALWAYS BE THE BLACK PANTHER ..

ONCE i saw that header im going to stick beside her and this book lol
    Same here. Issue was decent but I’m interested to see how it plays out. I believe T’Challa will be back on the throne by the end of this run.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    thats exactly what it is
    That's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    More like Coats 2.0
    That's worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I haven't read it but from what you're saying, it sounds more like a Don McGregor type of book.
    Basically, it's Don McGregor doing Frank Miller's Daredevil.

Incredible Member

I thumbed through it at the comic shop. Saw like 20 copies on the rack. I’ll wait for trade… if I even decide to do that.

Pretty artwork though. But I’ve learned that pretty pictures won’t sell me a book anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    She's doing good World building but she's doing it in the wrong world. She writes T'Challa's voice fairly decently but he is still well out of character and a continuation of the diminished sad/lost/confused version created by coats and followed up by Ridley.

I don't see the book lasting if that's the narrative that she's going to continue with. Ridley destroyed any further appetite for that by the people who might have had it.

I'll wait for a few more issues before I really make a judgment on what she's capable of because as the last page states she did have some of this premise forced upon her but some of it is her own creation. Folks have a right to be picky when it comes to spending their own money
    Attachment 132658
    I will give her credit for not having him struggle to beat Goons
    "I have always wanted to see more of Wakanda and it's people..."

And this is the problem. No gives 2 ishts about Wakanda and ors people outside of T'Challa interacting with them occasionally. His cast should be a window into it's people and they should have limited time on panel at the moment.

This is why this run continues to fail and has been since Coates took over. Priorities are aligned everywhere but on T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

And this is the problem. No gives 2 ishts about Wakanda and ors people outside of T'Challa interacting with them occasionally. His cast should be a window into it's people and they should have limited time on panel at the moment.

This is why this run continues to fail and has been since Coates took over. Priorities are aligned everywhere but on T'Challa.
    She expressed the same sentiment in that first interview she did. It's where her excitement truly lies in writing the book. Could be done well through the main hero but we will see

Eve is writing T'Challa like he never went outside of the palace.

We've read plenty of stories where T'Challa interacts with Wakandan citizens.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Some credit to her the new guy she introduced is pretty decent.

He actually bows to T'Challa and wanted to give him some tea. Not shout insults at him or blame him for some past slight like the Namor flood.

So on that note it's an improvement. We finally have a decently likable Wakanda civilian in a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Same here. Issue was decent but I’m interested to see how it plays out. I believe T’Challa will be back on the throne by the end of this run.
    I agree. I thought it was a good issue. I’m not a fan of u doing what a previous writer has done either no matter how much I hated it , like I did with Ridley’s run. One of the running themes in Coates and Ridley’s run was T’challa feeling disconnected from the people, so narratively this is a good way to get to know them better. Also, I’ve always wanted more of various Wakanda series so I’m here for it thus far.

My personal stance on the issue of buying Comics you may not agree with is that the first few issues should be given a chance just to show that there is a market for that character. And then if the writer isn't respecting that market hopefully the numbers drop off a cliff. Not saying that I want this for Eve because I still want to see what she's going to do despite the criticisms I already have but that's how I look at it.
    Conversely this fan base in particular is that such a weird place that that rule really no longer applies because at this point it's probably better if the character just go into limbo so that this creative Direction can die the death it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

He actually bows to T'Challa and wanted to give him some tea. Not shout insults at him or blame him for some past slight like the Namor flood.

So on that note it's an improvement. We finally have a decently likable Wakanda civilian in a long while.
    Yeah I'll speak on some positives for sure.
    Her new friend for T'Challa has potential.
    And I'm certain ppl in this forum have complained about a lack of close males in his franchise. Hate who he is related to but despite that he made an impression.
    Last edited by Ekie; 06-14-2023 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I thumbed through it at the comic shop. Saw like 20 copies on the rack. I’ll wait for trade… if I even decide to do that.

Which doesn’t mean it’s not selling. It has a best seller tag for Kindle on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Eve is writing T'Challa like he never went outside of the palace.

We've read plenty of stories where T'Challa interacts with Wakandan citizens.
    Yeah that's what is bugging me. And it's due to Coates and then further reinforced by Ridley and now being continued by Ewing. If they actually read his comics they would know that T'Challa actually have a **** about his people. No way in hell would he EVER NOT visit his people. especially a city that bores hos father's name, and he DEFINITELY wouldn't let it go to isht
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 06-14-2023 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Yeah, the art is decent and the new character has potential. He isn't instantly unlikeable like Aneka, Ayo, changamire, Tosin, Omolola, Or Folasade so that's a win I guess.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Which doesn’t mean it’s not selling. It has a best seller tag for Kindle on Amazon.
    The store I shop at usually, use to sell out of BP. But half way through the last run, they couldn’t get them sold in the dollar box. At least locally, the local shoppers, didn’t give it a try today. The worker there and I shared our distaste over the last 15 issues.