Page 150 of 345 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh thats prolly an error or something.

Just Tony making an offhand comment sounds like a simple continuity flub if its not anything more than that.
    IIRC, Remender admitted it was a mistake when he got asked about it. Sam and BP fans called him out at the time. I think it was Flex Hectic who got on Remender at the time on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well I guess one upside to the real T’Challa no longer being around in the MCU is that he won’t be subject to “no one man”. Lmao.
    However, it comes with the downside of having whatever one would personally consider his best moments in comics to be given to someone else due to the character's absence.

Last edited by XJlock; 03-10-2023 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    They had the chance to make M'Baku a villain in the first and chose to make him an ally instead. Probably for them est to advance the character forward tbh... This just sounds lazy AF and stupid if it's true
    The whole MCU part of the franchise will suffer narratively now that T’Challa (Sr) has been killed off I fear. What’s next are they gonna have junior be a teenager in this show too?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh thats prolly an error or something.

Just Tony making an offhand comment sounds like a simple continuity flub if its not anything more than that.
    It's incredibly lazy, but also intentional. It's common knowledge that anything VB related is going to be T'Challas wheelhouse. Plus T'Challa already made him the wings so this is extra ridiculous

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Hunter is about to be the villain of the next big event…. Starring Captain America.
    Shame he’s kind of been rendered utterly unusable for BP as anything more than a villain that must be killed in the future though

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Trailer for Cold War. Black Panther doesn't appear to be in it, but Hunter being one of the main antagonists makes it warrant mention.

Okay from the looks of it, Hunter and Bucky (long story) will be teaming up to do some interdimensional conquering

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Shame he’s kind of been rendered utterly unusable for BP as anything more than a villain that must be killed in the future though
    In fairness his last appearance which was the David Liss run had him becoming a serial killer for women to drive T'Challa out and said encounter ended with T officially disowning him from the family.

So poor dude has been like this for a while.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

They’re about to No One Man M’Baku
    Say what you will but Coates was the most fearless writer since Priest. You dont have to agree with his choices, but dude had onions.

I think for a novice comic writer he should eased his way in before going heavy. But hey.

Fantastic Member

I don't see Coates as being fearless at all. He wasn't going against the grain to the people who "mattered", and that's his bosses as well as his ideological and social circle. He was right in line with most of them I would think. To me, being fearless would've been to not do many of the things he did. It's easy to dump on straight Black men, to depict them as incompetent, impotent, and oppositional to "progress".
    Last edited by Emperorjones; 03-12-2023 at 04:21 AM.

I'm surprised by how goofy Hudlin's run. It has a very tongue in cheek tone and is mostly about having fun especially the crossover portions that even T has plenty of goofy moments along with cool ones.

Though reaching to the point of T's proposal to Storm, Holy crap is this scene sad reading now. Man it's really tragic how badly their relationship has deteriorated since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Say what you will but Coates was the most fearless writer since Priest. You dont have to agree with his choices, but dude had onions.

I think for a novice comic writer he should eased his way in before going heavy. But hey.
    No. Hudlin was fearless. He took T'Challa and Wakanda and MADE the 616, Marvel, and comic fans take him seriously and see him as an A lister. That's why he got so much flak, people didn't like T'Challa beating on people and being so confident and in your face about being a bad ass.

Coates was evey racist and unfans wet dream. He was "fearless" in his quest to do the very thing T'Challa and Wakanda were created to combat against

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    No. Hudlin was fearless. He took T'Challa and Wakanda and MADE the 616, Marvel, and comic fans take him seriously and see him as an A lister. That's why he got so much flak, people didn't like T'Challa beating on people and being so confident and in your face about being a bad ass.

Coates was evey racist and unfans wet dream. He was "fearless" in his quest to do the very thing T'Challa and Wakanda were created to combat against
    Yeah, when I think about it, some of the same kind of people who were up in arms about Hudlin's run, aren't saying much about Coates or Ridley from what I gather. I've seen some knocking of the quality of Ridley's work, but not necessarily the content. What Coates and Ridley have done is attempt to strip T'Challa of the A-list status that Hudlin thought him worthy of, and the 2018 movie cemented. Sort of reminds me of the meltdown over John Boyega as a Stormtrooper before Force Awakens came out, and after that, it quieted down. But later Boyega's character could be used to bash the sequels overall, so I saw that done, but the fear or anger over whatever was perceived as threatening before Force Awakens came out had evaporated. And now with T'Challa evaporating from his own comic, I'm not hearing much sniping. If anything, it's more people who seeming care, or claim to, about T'Challa, that have issues with the constant deconstruction. (That said, there were also true/real BP fans who didn't like what Hudlin did as well, and I'm sure that can be said for every BP writer).

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-wa...ential-marvel/

This article says that Wakanda has amazing potential without Black Panther.

When will they learn that everything stems from BP.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-wa...ential-marvel/

This article says that Wakanda has amazing potential without Black Panther.

When will they learn that everything stems from BP.
    It might have potential but that doesn't SELL books.

So unless Marvel just greenlight nonstop Wakanda books free of T'Challa that article is LYING.

And where were these articles when Atlantis or Asgard or Gotham or Metropolis or Paradise Island or Sector whatever Earth is were free of Namor, Aquaman, Superman, Batman, WW and Hal Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It might have potential but that doesn't SELL books.

So unless Marvel just greenlight nonstop Wakanda books free of T'Challa that article is LYING.

And where were these articles when Atlantis or Asgard or Gotham or Metropolis or Paradise Island or Sector whatever Earth is were free of Namor, Aquaman, Superman, Batman, WW and Hal Jordan?
    Marvel doesn't have decades of publishing BP stories where supporting characters and locales could have been developed over time. And even then, for every Robin book, you have three Batman solos, not to mention minis and one-shots.

So, if they want to do stories about Wakanda, go ahead. But they'd better not forget what got Wakanda on the map in the first place.