Page 179 of 345 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 5166

Not that enthusiastic over another OC after so many bad ones but I do like her design. She’s definitely the Catwoman to his Batman now. Still don’t like that’s what they’re doing but hoping this ends up as another Liss where a crap premise still ends up being good series. Gonna wait and see if the knife rope does anything if not this shouldn’t be an issue for T’Challa. Writers and editorial need to remember that he’s enhanced so his enemies either need to be on the same level or above or have tech/weapons that counters him.

Feel like an existing character could have possibly fit this role either Nakia or Malaika but I heard legal reasons is why Gillis stuff don’t get used. If they end up with a similar relationship to Batman and Catwoman then I think I might be ok with it if it means even for a little while we’re done with T’Challa’s Storm obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    none of this seems inspiring or worth bothering to pre-order frankly.
    What? You mean you don't want to see Black Panther fighting Gothams', I mean Wakanda's criminal underworld?

We can get the BP-mobile and the BP-cave. We can get a teen side-kick(Tosin?) and maybe, just maybe we get a Joker.

I'm so excited.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 04-19-2023 at 10:03 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why does Wakanda even have a criminal underworld if it's a utopia?
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Uh smuggling I guess?

Specifically foreign apparel. I guess if you want some French food or clothing you have to go to specific places to get it.

Well Wakanda has never truly been depicted as a utopia except for maybe Hudlin’s run but that’s because his series was more about showing off how cool T’Challa and Wakanda are. The MCU version seems way more closer to a utopia than the comic version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I would say I appreciate she doesn't seem to be some kind of revolutionary or extremist.

Pretty much the last 2 runs had issues where largely the majority of new antagonists were supposed to be some manner of well-intentioned extremists who have a point or are tragic about it. Zenzu, Teti, Jhai.

So Beisa being a thief has some novelty if she's more of a selfish thief than a Robin Hood-esque character.
    I'd rather they instead focus on the existing characters and rogues whom have been around for a MINIMUM of 10 years. Of they are younger than that, toss them out. This constant need to bring in new OCs in hopes they will get play in the MCU is beyond old

Have you seen the isht Coates and hos cabal and Ridley have slung onto the mythos? I wouldn't be surprised if all of a sudden it turns out there an unchecked kiddy p*rn ring going. They have already injected most racist stereotypes of Africa onto Wakanda as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    My T'challa

Looking fresh

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Man these gala designs are a hoot

Wonder what the habit looks like

I'm almost shocked they used him instead of Shuri.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Does this mean Fosalamoda won't get any play? I thought that was why she got elevated so quick.
    It would not be my choice, but don't think they won't make her Beisa. I'm okay with new characters, and definitely new love interests, I am wary because I can see Ewing easily making Beisa the star of this series, where she's always right, and she gets the better of T'Challa. I hope that isn't the case, but seeing how Coates and Ridley did, I can see Ewing doing something like that. So, while normally, I would think this was a good thing, I do have doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm almost shocked they used him instead of Shuri.
    Let’s just be glad that the comics are saying “**** your synergy!”
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    It would not be my choice, but don't think they won't make her Beisa. I'm okay with new characters, and definitely new love interests, I am wary because I can see Ewing easily making Beisa the star of this series, where she's always right, and she gets the better of T'Challa. I hope that isn't the case, but seeing how Coates and Ridley did, I can see Ewing doing something like that. So, while normally, I would think this was a good thing, I do have doubts.
    We saw how fast Ridleys run crashed and burned, if Eve follows in the same footsteps, know good and well her run will end just as fast if not faster than Ridley. Coates burned all goodwill away, Ridley took a dump on whatever was left. Ewing will be on thin ice