Page 194 of 345 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 5166
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    How did it come to this that the Wakandans are such pathetic people and now, the thought of the nation being humbled in the most brutal way is high on my wishlist?
    They've pretty much become batshit crazy.

Like before you could trust T'Challa to keep a handle on them and prevent them from doing anything too awful but the way T'Challa's been treated means Wakanda's worst qualities and impulses have been allowed to run amuck.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Only if this is in the BP Solo, led by a group of powerful OCS (kinda like squadron supreme of America level power) who invade Wakanda and kill off all the trash OCs whom have been added since 2016, leads to folasade begging T'Challa to come back, and ends with T'Challa absolutely destroying said team (or atleast most of them with maybe one escaping as a future recurring rogue) and T'Challa having his triumphant return as King and leader again and establishing what Redjack said on KiB: the Black Panther IS Wakanda.

The nation can be the most capable of redshirts but ultimately that's all they are, redshirts to prop up T'Challa. Should never be the others way around
    Cosigned 100%

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    They've pretty much become batshit crazy.

Like before you could trust T'Challa to keep a handle on them and prevent them from doing anything too awful but the way T'Challa's been treated means Wakanda's worst qualities and impulses have been allowed to run amuck.
    These last 7 to 8 years for the Solo books have been a sensational disaster.

What do you all think of T'Challa's portrayal in the new Avengers book?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Which is odd since T'Challa had Deathlok's family visit and stay in Wakanda in the 90s Deathlok series.

What would cause this beef?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Would the current editor even know that?
    Depends on which Deathlok. Michael Collins isn't the latest Deathlok. There have been at least 3-4 different versions introduced after Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    No complaints so far. At the very least he was shown to be capable. I think with Mackay he is in good hands though I do hope that T'Challa gives Sam some act right sooner rather than later.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

He's got potential, as long as he is treated and portrayed like JAs BP (highly competent, prep master, polymath, uses a variety of established tech, H2h, and creativity to best his opponents) then in good. So far it was a good showing I don't care for Jed addressing Ridley isht and rather he just ignore or but the way he did it works.

The beef with Sam is kinda dumb though

Ultimate Member

Depends on which Deathlok. Michael Collins isn't the latest Deathlok. There have been at least 3-4 different versions introduced after Collins.
    I think the one upcoming is the Collins version. The last one was more human looking.

Only small complaint I have about it is the sense of humor attempted.. doesn't seem like the style is quite in character.
    But wasn't egregiously bad or anything

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    I know the first issue just dropped but I'm already looking forward to seeing more of this T'Challa.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I know the first issue just dropped but I'm already looking forward to seeing more of this T'Challa.
    Exactly.

He seems to be an actual "superhero" in the Avengers book.

I’m nitpicking but I wish they drew him better in Avengers. No detail……….

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I’m nitpicking but I wish they drew him better in Avengers. No detail……….
    Now that I think about it, he'll prolly start wearing his Ewing costume after the new BP book starts.

Characters tend to change looks depending on how their ongoing goes. Like how in Aaron's Avengers and Immortal Hulk Thor was wearing his golden arm bearded look, but after the Cates run started those books had him wearing his All-Father outfit with the Thurisaz rune symbol.

And in the Avengers book itself Scarlet Witch is wearing her old costume in the flashback with Carol before putting on her current ongoing costume in the present time scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Now that I think about it, he'll prolly start wearing his Ewing costume after the new BP book starts.

Characters tend to change looks depending on how their ongoing goes. Like how in Aaron's Avengers and Immortal Hulk Thor was wearing his golden arm bearded look, but after the Cates run started those books had him wearing his All-Father outfit with the Thurisaz rune symbol.

And in the Avengers book itself Scarlet Witch is wearing her old costume in the flashback with Carol before putting on her current ongoing costume in the present time scenes.
    Ugh Bast no. That outfit is nonsensical. Just give him actual details on his habit. Give it the MCU treatment and be done with it. They need to stop being lazy