Page 167 of 345 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm gonna take a chance and buy the first issue. I pray I'm not going to be disappointed.

But Black Panther lurking around Wakanda fighting "crime" is just a tough sell. I can see where Folsade aks her new henchperson Omololo to go after T'Challa.

Then we get the obligatory T'Challa/Tosin fight before them team-up. Not exactly something to look forward to.

Tosin isn’t even important enough to fight TChalla in my opinion. I’m only interested in seeing TChalla win, and even then it’s a reach. They’ll probably have someone interfere with the fight which I’m also not here for.

I am here for all the Black Panther covers though.

Lightbulb I loved those issues Mantis-Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Hahaha holy **** the second half of the second Hudlin book is batshit insane.

After a Civil War tie-in, Reed allows the Baxter Building to be the temporary Wakandan Embassay and leaves T'Challa and Storm to fill in for him and Sue as they go on a honey moon to find themselves (also damn everyone is just perfectly okay with Reed immediately after CW)

So now BP and Storm join Ben and Johnny as the new Fantastic Four, they have a whole adventure in-between issues (apparently collected in a separate book) that leaves them with a golden frog, next they are attacked by a indestructible bug from the Negative Zone, where said bug teleports them..... into the Marvel Zombies universe

They then battle on a Skrull planet zombie Giant-Man, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, and Luke Cage empowered by the power cosmic after eating Galactus (they are even wearing Galactus jumpsuits) that ends with the zombies destroying the world by eating it.

They are then teleported in the base of Psycho-Man who tried to lotus eater the 2, and after that are teleported on a planet the Skrull made in the image of cliche mob New York after abducting a mobster and creating an entire world based off his nostalgic memories for mobsters, where they force alien beings into gladiator matches. Where they are then helped by the Harlem Skrull neighborhood including's Skrulls who look and act like Martin Luther King and Malcolm X.

I can't stop laughing this is such an insane sequence of events.
    Those are great stories Mantis-Ray!

For some reason, the Zombie arc was really creepy to me. I remember Zombie Spidey being particularly disturbing.
    Good writing!

The Skrull Gangster Planet was introduced by Stan and Jack in 1969 in FF# 91.

Even the "werewolf" BP fights was in the original story.
    I appreciated Hudlin's idea that if Skrulls could form a government emulating American criminals, their oppressed citizens could emulate American heroes.

I like Hudlin's use of original Marvel characters like the Red Ghost and Dr. Doom and this Skrull planet to express certain ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The other part of the run is Dwayne McDuffies FF (I don't remember the issues) and it's there that you will see the famous (or infamous) armbar that T'Challa puts the SS in. It's a really good extra bit of adventure. Dwayne McDuffie is like a mix between Priest and Hudlin in regard to his T'Challa. I really would of liked to see a run from him. Rip
    Ezyo, Dwayne McDuffie wrote the Fantastic Four from issues 542 (2007) to 553 (2008).
    The T'Challa and Storm issues were 544 to 550!

Excelsior!

Daoud
    Last edited by Daoud; 04-02-2023 at 05:47 AM. Reason: McDuffie FF issue numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    "The Choice"

This looks really good.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daoud View Post
    Those are great stories Mantis-Ray!

For some reason, the Zombie arc was really creepy to me. I remember Zombie Spidey being particularly disturbing.
    Good writing!

The Skrull Gangster Planet was introduced by Stan and Jack in 1969 in FF# 91.

Even the "werewolf" BP fights was in the original story.
    I appreciated Hudlin's idea that if Skrulls could form a government emulating American criminals, their oppressed citizens could emulate American heroes.

I like Hudlin's use of original Marvel characters like the Red Ghost and Dr. Doom and this Skrull planet to express certain ideas.

Ezyo, Dwayne McDuffie wrote the Fantastic Four from issues 544 (2007) to 553 (2008).
    The T'Challa and Storm issues were 544 to 550!

Excelsior!

Daoud
    I love the interactions between the 4. That line about family is pretty heartwarming since it means anyone who officially joins the 4 are pretty much family, like Spidey and Storm and BP.

Oh man this is just great.

"Would it be wrong to suggest Stark Industries?"

"I love your humor in the bleakest moments."

Extraordinary Member

Can we get a Cha & Grimm limited series?!

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    people are always asking what I'd do. track these covers and you'll get some notion.
    It's interesting. The covers themselves are more interesting looking than the last 8 years of the solo

Man this is a badass moment.

All the tech in his suit ripped out, except for his energy daggers, and he still snapped this blokes neck

Punches the damn thing right in the schnoz

This feels like David Liss run all over again, a good writer paired with a bad concept from the previous run
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Tosin isn’t even important enough to fight TChalla in my opinion. I’m only interested in seeing TChalla win, and even then it’s a reach. They’ll probably have someone interfere with the fight which I’m also not here for.

I am here for all the Black Panther covers though.
    Well, T'Challa and Tosin are bound to clash at some point.

What could be interesting is that if, T'Challa by defending Wakanda or his "crime-fighting" begins to undermine Folsade and her gov't. People may start to rally around their former king and remember everything that he's done for them. This is something that Folsade would definitely not want to see and will likely try to either have T'Challa arrested or maybe even killed.

The premise is crappy but if played right, Ewing could make it really interesting.

Ultimate Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/mich...ter-creed-iii/

A couple of weeks ago, Bleeding Cool ran the news that Boom Studios would be publishing a comic book series Creed spinning off from the films.
    Lets see the folks who wanted black men pushed aside for women will support this book or are they just blowing hot air.

Looks like Killmonger is building his own franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Can we get a Cha & Grimm limited series?!
    T'Challa and Ben Team up
    T'Challa and Luke (like Hudlin version)
    T'Challa and Black Bolt murder bros (Hickman version)
    T'Challa and Thor kings team up
    T'Challa and Namor frenemies team up (when all this bullshit finally settles)
    T'Challa and Strange mystical weird adventure

There's a lot of team ups we have unfortunately missed over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well, T'Challa and Tosin are bound to clash at some point.

What could be interesting is that if, T'Challa by defending Wakanda or his "crime-fighting" begins to undermine Folsade and her gov't. People may start to rally around their former king and remember everything that he's done for them. This is something that Folsade would definitely not want to see and will likely try to either have T'Challa arrested or maybe even killed.

The premise is crappy but if played right, Ewing could make it really interesting.
    A stupid premise through and through, because there's no believable way we should even entertain that this would even be a fight. The only way Tosin even has a chance is if T'Challa is in his underwear, Injured, missing a leg and bleeding out and depowered... And even then it's at best a fair fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    A stupid premise through and through, because there's no believable way we should even entertain that this would even be a fight. The only way Tosin even has a chance is if T'Challa is in his underwear, Injured, missing a leg and bleeding out and depowered... And even then it's at best a fair fight.
    Yeah, we know that T'Challa should handle Tosin no sweat but we also know the last two solo writers had no problem with letting T'Challa get his ass whupped.

Pyrrhic victories making a comeback.

Anyone know who this is?

I always now side eye anyone described as a "literary type"

https://www.blackindylive.com/indian...-panther-book/