Page 207 of 345 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I didn't. Page after page of wordy monologues where T'Challa whines about not knowing he is, world-building that boils down to "US City, but with only black people", and the new character looks and acts like an African-American academic (which makes sense, given who his father is).

I'm not even going to give this an arc. But I bet the literary crowd will LOVE it.
    Sounds like exactly what I thought this book would be like. I'm definitely glad I didn't waste money on yet more of the same BS.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    They were never going to move own without him. Shuri is still going to be Black Panther in the films if that's what your going on about.

If Shuri is going to be black panther then, it is what it is, but I haven’t supported a MCU movie since they killed TChalla off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Except they know they can't, hence why he is in avengers, and they keep relaunching his Solo. They need to can the writers they are hiring and get some who are professionals and actually want to write T'Challa. Idgaff who they are, what race, gender, or whatever. I want someone who cares about T'Challa and his world and wants to elevate HIM.

Supporting trash because it's T'Challas solo just leads to more trash

I agree they need writers who care about TChalla, and Eve Ewing wasn’t the ideal pick. But I don’t know that this run is going to be trash yet, I’m in a wait and see mode.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Supporting stuff like this is how Peter Parker fandom is getting what they get in Amazing Spider-Man.

Same with all the folks who FOREVER whine about certain books and creators of non-black demographic yet show up every month to buy the books.

Same with the whining about Batman and Harley in everything. Can't cry about them holding DC hostage when you buy everything they are in.

Show me how Marvel thinks they can move on from him when EVERYTHING they have tried with anti-T'Challa movement has not SOLD?

The merchandise department isn't making Shuri or Wakanda clogs-they made T'Challa ones.

If I want T'Challa shaped pancakes-guess what Wal-Mart sells a T'Challa pancake pan.

Shuri is not getting anything new until 2025.

Wakanda itself is getting NOTHING.

If he did not matter shouldn't Eve be doing a Shuri and Wakanda book that shows how they moved on from T'Challa?

Why is he getting volume 8 while Shuri isn't getting volume 3 like Riri is?

Where is Namor Protector of Wakanda book at??

Where is Tosin's book???

Oh that's right NOBODY is going to buy those.

And the same fake woke folks who marched in here to attack us-won't be buying those books ether.

FYI for the trade
    BLACK PANTHER VOL. 1
    Book 1 of 1: BLACK PANTHER | by Chris Allen and Eve L. Ewing | Jan 2, 2024

I just hope they know, what you and I know to be true. Marvel isn’t stupid. But sometimes they get in the mode of pushing certain narratives and agendas and they forget what characters got them there. Ewing and the direction she’s taking wasn’t the ideal situation for me either.

Incredible Member

The book isnt trash at all its a good first issue folk are just picky

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Havent finished yet, but yea seems decent so far..

Sweet Bast that was wordy as F**k! Like Coates level wordy and repetitive.

I know Maybe Eve is trying to world build quickly but... The story got bogged down by... Not doing anything. Just constant mopping and monologuing. And none of it feels earned or genuine. I don't understand why they are trying to so hard to make this whole thing legitimate when it's just dumb.

I've seen worse issues but it's not particularly great either. It's just kinda... There. But everything said just runs counter to what we know of T'Challa and how he interacts with his people

Mighty Member

It was ok. Not great. But the first issue of John Ridley was good (better than this issue), and at the end it was an assassination of T'chala and the worst Black Panther book of all time. We will see (Don't have a lot of hope, Eve Ewing, for me, is at best mid as a writer)
    Last edited by lordozone; 06-15-2023 at 05:44 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Ultimate Member

The first issue wasn't terrible but it wasn't great.

It was very, very talky. I don't know why editorial want these BP books with endless dialogue and un-summarized speeches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    She's doing good World building but she's doing it in the wrong world. She writes T'Challa's voice fairly decently but he is still well out of character and a continuation of the diminished sad/lost/confused version created by coats and followed up by Ridley.

I don't see the book lasting if that's the narrative that she's going to continue with. Ridley destroyed any further appetite for that by the people who might have had it.

I'll wait for a few more issues before I really make a judgment on what she's capable of because as the last page states she did have some of this premise forced upon her but some of it is her own creation. Folks have a right to be picky when it comes to spending their own money
    Screenshot_20230614_121438_Comics.jpg
    I will give her credit for not having him struggle to beat Goons
    Last edited by Ekie; 06-14-2023 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I didn't. Page after page of wordy monologues where T'Challa whines about not knowing he is, world-building that boils down to "US City, but with only black people", and the new character looks and acts like an African-American academic (which makes sense, given who his father is).

I'm not even going to give this an arc. But I bet the literary crowd will LOVE it.
    I haven't read it but from what you're saying, it sounds more like a Don McGregor type of book.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It was a lot of posturing about the examination of society and the Wakandan system of government. Which considering the last 2 runs, I feel like we could all do less with incessantly flapping about "Wakanda this, Wakanda that".

So overall a kinda boring since it's just T'Challa talking about the city and its people, getting overtly sentimental without anything happening.

Granted I will say N'Yobi is officially the best new character we have in years. Man actually bowed to T'Challa and still refers to him as his majest, treating him with gratified and respect. He's an actually cool guy, even if he is the spoilers:
    son of Changamire
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

she got me when she stated TCHALLA WILL ALWAYS BE THE BLACK PANTHER ..

ONCE i saw that header im going to stick beside her and this book lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I haven't read it but from what you're saying, it sounds more like a Don McGregor type of book.
    thats exactly what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    More like Coats 2.0