Page 209 of 345 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    The store I shop at usually, use to sell out of BP. But half way through the last run, they couldn’t get them sold in the dollar box. At least locally, the local shoppers, didn’t give it a try today. The worker there and I shared our distaste over the last 15 issues.

Well yes Ridley was trash. Ewing has her work cut out for her. I’m interested to see what her early numbers will look like. The digital copies are doing well I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Well yes Ridley was trash. Ewing has her work cut out for her. I’m interested to see what her early numbers will look like. The digital copies are doing well I think.
    I got my digital copy. Going to read this and red tomorrw, been a long day.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Just sat down and read this issue.

Eve obviously factors in some aspects of rhe previous run to the premise but she says in her notes at the end that she very much wanted not to return to the status quo immediately but she implies she has some plans of restoration.

Regardless, I really enjoyed this issue. It takes an intelligent approach to the status of wakanda and doesn't just deal in platitudes but has TChalla observing and drawing conclusions from this new corner of the nation whilst asking questions. Hes asking a lot about what defines him and what his relationship is to the nation but its done in a way that feels fresh.

It also helps that the art is really really good, the way the city is rendered is very different from the usual Golden city stuff. Its awesome and the faces are well done here. The artists knoed hoe to draw black faces of various ages and expressions.

We get hints of some action, not too much but what we get is good. There also seems to be a potential new character debut here so keep an eye out if this issue becomes a seller.

I quite liked it and hope we continue on this path. Its good to see the citizens still respect T'challa in some way and the Wakanda lore bits are good here. Theres even a nod to his man without fear days.

I have zero problems with wordy books, especially for thinking characters like TChalla. In fact I wish we had more introspection like this In the previous run. You csnt just do an issue 1 and assume everyone buying it has read the last 8 to 12 years of the character so I dont really get the complaints about him speaking on his people. Given the last few arcs have seen him embroiled in throne conflict, stranded in space, international and whatnot, I think itd fair to make a case hes been unable to connect to the people in an in world sense.
    Last edited by Toonstrack; 06-14-2023 at 08:17 PM.

I read the issue and think it's decent. T'Challa seemed a little too disconnected from his people which I don't love, but I am interested in where this can lead. I hope Ewing can deliver.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Although it was not mentioned, the new habit probably has a voice modulator. After all, with all of T'Challa's public speeches, the citizens of Wakanda should be able to identify his voice.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I've been thinking about this, but I think T'Challa should be back to being more stoic and inscrutable.

Cause his verbosity and thought bubbles are basically just a lot angsting and more angsting.

We should go back to a more third person approach where the narration can indicate what he's feeling but there is enough distance that we don't get too much of what he's feeling.

Astonishing Member

It’s background, but I notice the new government is apparently making an utter mess of things.

The former HZ are openly resorting the banditry, the social safety net is apparently in the dangerous sort of flux and it sounds like the Dora has abandoned their junta in the Jabbari lands (withdrawn to enforce the PM’s control over the capital?) and the average citizen, even those happy with the democracy, isn’t nearly as full of revolutionary zeal as the previous runs insisted.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    It’s background, but I notice the new government is apparently making an utter mess of things.

The former HZ are openly resorting the banditry, the social safety net is apparently in the dangerous sort of flux and it sounds like the Dora has abandoned their junta in the Jabbari lands (withdrawn to enforce the PM’s control over the capital?) and the average citizen, even those happy with the democracy, isn’t nearly as full of revolutionary zeal as the previous runs insisted.
    That is a hilarious bit of funny realism, whether it's intentional or not.

Revolution happened, things changed, and now after the revolution high wears off people now have to contend with the mediocrity of its new government or how underwhelming it all is especially since Wakanda was already pretty great before hand so the regime change isn't gonna lead to much being different.

Incredible Member

I told myself I was not going to buy this new issue 1. That I would trade wait it out. But I’m curious. I’ll be awaiting more reviews from y’all and what I read on Twitter.

The art did look good; that I cannot deny.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I told myself I was not going to buy this new issue 1. That I would trade wait it out. But I’m curious. I’ll be awaiting more reviews from y’all and what I read on Twitter.

The art did look good; that I cannot deny.
    Wait for the trade.

One issue does NOT undo 8 years of mess. While the writer has changed the EDITOR has not.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Just sat down and read this issue.

Eve obviously factors in some aspects of rhe previous run to the premise but she says in her notes at the end that she very much wanted not to return to the status quo immediately but she implies she has some plans of restoration.

Regardless, I really enjoyed this issue. It takes an intelligent approach to the status of wakanda and doesn't just deal in platitudes but has TChalla observing and drawing conclusions from this new corner of the nation whilst asking questions. Hes asking a lot about what defines him and what his relationship is to the nation but its done in a way that feels fresh.

It also helps that the art is really really good, the way the city is rendered is very different from the usual Golden city stuff. Its awesome and the faces are well done here. The artists knoed hoe to draw black faces of various ages and expressions.

We get hints of some action, not too much but what we get is good. There also seems to be a potential new character debut here so keep an eye out if this issue becomes a seller.

I quite liked it and hope we continue on this path. Its good to see the citizens still respect T'challa in some way and the Wakanda lore bits are good here. Theres even a nod to his man without fear days.

I have zero problems with wordy books, especially for thinking characters like TChalla. In fact I wish we had more introspection like this In the previous run. You csnt just do an issue 1 and assume everyone buying it has read the last 8 to 12 years of the character so I dont really get the complaints about him speaking on his people. Given the last few arcs have seen him embroiled in throne conflict, stranded in space, international and whatnot, I think itd fair to make a case hes been unable to connect to the people in an in world sense.
    The problem is that T'Challa did a lot of talking but didn't have much to actually say, that and repetitive talking points about how he is a failure, doesn't know who he is, that apparently is has never really talked to his people and doesn't understand them... This is all Coates and Ridley crap, not based on actual continuity of how much T'Challa actually cares and knows his people.

There are far better ways to tell this story, again, the issue wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. The only two highlights are that the new character isn't an insufferable ass, and actually shows reverence to T'Challa, and that the art was decent.

Gonna beed far more than that to keep people around though. These new writers need to hit the ground running and come out swinging and they just aren't doing that

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Wait for the trade.

One issue does NOT undo 8 years of mess. While the writer has changed the EDITOR has not.
    Oh trust me; I do agree on that regard. I have this completist mentality that I have been fight against. I don’t own any trades of any BP runs, except for like the Jungle Action and earlier, earlier BP issues (even though I do own the floppies). The completionist in me is demanding that I don’t have gaps, but I refuse to give any money for any context that I don’t find enjoyment in. Thus me, dropping the previous run, dropping Amazing Spider-MSN after how they handled Ben Reilly. I even stopped collecting Miles’ Spider-Man, even though I have no real issues with his run/series. Marvel has got to do a lot to earn my good graces (and dollars) again.

This was a decent first issue.
    Does it make want to get the second ish :: Shrugs::
    It has promise.

I guess the old Wakadian in me hate this Nu Wakanda.
    But I'm trying , this writer is keeping with the previous work of writers. And after everything Wakanda been through since Hudlin, I could see a place like the city of his father namesake coming into being.
    But crooked hutut zeares was way too much. They could've just use regular Wakandian Military Police.

I understand they need a more down to earth Wakanda , but I wasn't looking for this.
    Maybe if this was a new up and coming city that Democracy of Wakanda was trying out, which was leading to all these problems would have sat better with me.

I felt like I was born a and raised in Wakanda and went away for schooling for ten years and came back and the whole neighborhood switch up like " bruh ,wtf happened? "

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Dont let Ekie talk yall into thinking this was a bad start. It was decent at least. If things go bad then criticize fully. However, lets leave the Ridley mindset behind and let this have a fresh start/fair chance.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    This was a decent first issue.
    Does it make want to get the second ish :: Shrugs::
    It has promise.

I guess the old Wakadian in me hate this Nu Wakanda.
    But I'm trying , this writer is keeping with the previous work of writers. And after everything Wakanda been through since Hudlin, I could see a place like the city of his father namesake coming into being.
    But crooked hutut zeares was way too much. They could've just use regular Wakandian Military Police.

I understand they need a more down to earth Wakanda , but I wasn't looking for this.
    Maybe if this was a new up and coming city that Democracy of Wakanda was trying out, which was leading to all these problems would have sat better with me.

I felt like I was born a and raised in Wakanda and went away for schooling for ten years and came back and the whole neighborhood switch up like " bruh ,wtf happened? "
    Lol, yeah that's a pretty good description of it.

"Let me get out amongst my people so that I can learn all about Wakanda."

Oookay Luke Charles....I mean T'Challa.