Page 212 of 345 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 5166

Thanks for the drop.

I mean, I expect this new OC in the next panel to "outsmart" T'Challa or something because it's a new character and Eve is likely going to want people to like her, despite T'Challa being a superhuman.

Ultimate Member

30% select Wakanda Forever/BP toys at Target starting next week.

For those interested.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean, I expect this new OC in the next panel to "outsmart" T'Challa or something because it's a new character and Eve is likely going to want people to like her, despite T'Challa being a superhuman.
    Eve is pretty main Character centric and i doubt you will ever see Tchalla get chumped under her.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I get that we've all been emotionally and mentally traumatised and severely burned 98% all over from the last two runs but...we don't need to go out buying tragedy and misery long before they even hit the shelves.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I get that we've all been emotionally and mentally traumatised and severely burned 98% all over from the last two runs but...we don't need to go out buying tragedy and misery long before they even hit the shelves.
    I mean it's foolish to not be on guard after damn near 8 years of the same isht. With the same editorial and a writer who seems like a fan of the previous writers... Until proven otherwise, these writers (other than a select few) are on thon ice

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm absolutely on guard going forward...because as you rightly pointed out the only thing that's changed is the writer and artist. But I prefer to reserve and pronounce judgements by what I read on the page (as I did with Coates and Ridley) and not on what I personally expect or want to see/read or what I think the writer might do before she's done it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

I read the first issue a little while ago. The artwork is better than in Ridley's run right off, and I'm liking Ewing's worldbuilding. I like that Wakanda becoming a democracy has not gone smoothly. I don't care for sad sack T'Challa though. I'm tired of him beating himself up. This issue didn't have the rest of the world join in. . . yet, but it's tiresome that BP writers feel compelled to beat up on T'Challa. It's like they don't want him to get too "uppity" or something. I think it's off to a somewhat promising start, but I also recall feeling how much like Ridley's first issue was a breath of fresh air compared to Coates. I also don't care for the Hatut Zeraze being the go-to goons all the time. I guess it started with Priest though.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Are you referring to when Blue Marvel/Adam Brashear in Captain America and the Mighty Avengers during Time Runs Out called him out for his participation in the Illuminati and keeping literally world-shaking, if not world-ending, secrets from the rest of the superhero community, to say nothing of the general population of Earth, because he and the rest of the Illuminati were "too arrogant" to consult with anyone outside their supposedly elite circle?
    Tchalla ended up right anyway lol

Rest of the super human community wassn't any help lol. And were a hinderance.

Incursions were an unsolvable problem but at least the Illuminati TRIED and thought they had some solutions

the uppity brigades solution was "hope and lets stop the other heroes from even trying because thats bad"

They were aboslutely elitist dick heads and probably should have dragged in at least a few more like minded people (and whoever invited maximus needs slapped) but yeah
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    I read the first issue a little while ago. The artwork is better than in Ridley's run right off, and I'm liking Ewing's worldbuilding. I like that Wakanda becoming a democracy has not gone smoothly. I don't care for sad sack T'Challa though. I'm tired of him beating himself up. This issue didn't have the rest of the world join in. . . yet, but it's tiresome that BP writers feel compelled to beat up on T'Challa. It's like they don't want him to get too "uppity" or something. I think it's off to a somewhat promising start, but I also recall feeling how much like Ridley's first issue was a breath of fresh air compared to Coates. I also don't care for the Hatut Zeraze being the go-to goons all the time. I guess it started with Priest though.
    Yeah but Priest had a lot more nuance to the HZ. They were the dark side of T'Chakas reign, they also weren't just things or redshirt army. They felt like they had a specific time to fill. But I agree I don't care for them being the go to baddies. They shouldve been repurposed. Honestly Hickman and to a lesser extent (again on his short list of good her did) Coates made them have potential to be more. But Ridley and now Ewing are ruining them again and making them generic redshirt baddie

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Are you referring to when Blue Marvel/Adam Brashear in Captain America and the Mighty Avengers during Time Runs Out called him out for his participation in the Illuminati and keeping literally world-shaking, if not world-ending, secrets from the rest of the superhero community, to say nothing of the general population of Earth, because he and the rest of the Illuminati were "too arrogant" to consult with anyone outside their supposedly elite circle?
    I seem to recall when the Might Avengers tried to call out T'Challa he basically told Adam and co "I don't regret what I did and you have no right to judgement when faced with an impossible situation"

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes, all titles get to fail and succeed based on their own merits. But when the same story gets told over and over and over again(Wakanda doesn't need a King, it should be a democracy) using the same story beats("T'Challa's secrets" hurt Wakanda, they can't trust him), you pre-condition your audience to dislike the product. Why should anyone believe Marvel cares about they way they handle Black Panther? It's been nearly two decades of frakkery.

I'll give Eve the benefit of the doubt like any other writer. But the premise they keep writing T'Challa under is getting tiresome and too many people are losing interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    This. When the Doras rebelled, they were righteous. The HZ are just thuggish rogues. Why.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This. When the Doras rebelled, they were righteous. The HZ are just thuggish rogues. Why.
    One was born male and in this climate-black men have to be lowest of the low to fit agenda.

The usual suspects would take issue if the Doras were shown to act the same way the HZ are.

There would be no stealth Dora book (Black Panther WOW) to showcase them as more than rebels. Because that doesn't fit the narratives.

It is funny some of them looked like they ran through Cyborg's closet and took stuff.

Hickman was never going to have the traditional Superheroes be useful in his plot...