Page 217 of 345 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I like the more sleek look too, with some detail. And I know you’re against the war paint over the eye, but that’s the one thing I would stick with.

Carol hasn’t bored me to death being the leader, so she’s adequate. But Id like to see TChalla as chairman again myself too.
    to me it's far too "ahey look at me, I'm edgy". T'Challa is all about being sleek and subtle, but in a very powerful way. His standard habit with accents it's more than adequate.

Yeah I just wish T'Challas stint saw the completion of some really interesting plot points

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    My apologies if you were all talking about it yesterday, but has anyone here read Ultimate Invasion #1? Thanks to the Maker's machinations, the Illuminati have been forced to reassemble, including T'Challa, the Black Panther.
    I have, loved it. T’Challa didn’t get too much to do and it looks like ultimately it’s going to be a Reed vs. Reed story, but it looks like we might get a 6160 Black Panther book which I’m excited for. T’Challa badly needs the “Ultimate” treatment where he can get a fresh start without all this continuity dragging him down. Of course it all comes down to who will be writing it…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

Read Avengers #1 & 2, and Ultimate Invasion #1. I liked all three issues. Regarding how I felt T'Challa was depicted/treated, I thought it was better in the Avengers books than in his own title these days, though I do have my quibbles. I haven't read enough Wilson's Captain America book to get what the deal is between them, but I wasn't a fan necessarily of seeing the only two Black characters on the team having beef-one-sided as it is. I didn't like how they described T'Challa at times in the Avengers books. I liked his dialogue with Captain Marvel, but sometimes, some of the other writing felt dismissive. I didn't think he factored all that much into the first issue of Ultimate Invasion (I was also lost in when that story took place because it appears to have happened while he's still king), but I did like his swagger in that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    My apologies if you were all talking about it yesterday, but has anyone here read Ultimate Invasion #1? Thanks to the Maker's machinations, the Illuminati have been forced to reassemble, including T'Challa, the Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I have, loved it. T’Challa didn’t get too much to do and it looks like ultimately it’s going to be a Reed vs. Reed story, but it looks like we might get a 6160 Black Panther book which I’m excited for. T’Challa badly needs the “Ultimate” treatment where he can get a fresh start without all this continuity dragging him down. Of course it all comes down to who will be writing it…
    I’m not expecting too much from T’Challa in Ultimate Invasion. A few cool moments here and there and that’s it. Based on Hickman’s comments about the story it’s going to be primarily a Maker and Miles story so I think Reed will likely be the third lead. The ending did leave me a little confused. Did the Ultimate Universe get renumbered to 6160 post SW or is it a completely “new” Ultimate Universe entirely or is it a complete reboot of the old 1610? Plus with what happened with Peter it makes me curious what Hickman has planned for the new Ultimate T’Challa.

Astonishing Member

I think one of the covers for Ultimate Invasion hinted at a new Ultimate T’Challa. It’d be fantastic if Hickman could reinvent the character for a revived Ultimate Universe. That’s possibly the only way of getting back to good T’Challa stories, because the last near decade of continuity has been a complete failure. With a Hickman or Donny Cates at the helm I think T’Challa could finally move forward as a character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    spoilers:
    Evil Reed is seen in Wakanda stealing resources and then he goes to Inhumans HQ and steals while Lockjaw is asleep and in Atlantis kills some folks and steals from there.

Funny outside of BP books everyone can waltz in and take stuff with no trouble.
    end of spoilers
    h
    Interesting how Hickman has him robbing all these places EXCEPT Krakoa. Just another diss at BP.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I’m not expecting too much from T’Challa in Ultimate Invasion. A few cool moments here and there and that’s it. Based on Hickman’s comments about the story it’s going to be primarily a Maker and Miles story so I think Reed will likely be the third lead. The ending did leave me a little confused. Did the Ultimate Universe get renumbered to 6160 post SW or is it a completely “new” Ultimate Universe entirely or is it a complete reboot of the old 1610? Plus with what happened with Peter it makes me curious what Hickman has planned for the new Ultimate T’Challa.

Clearly u have never read Ultimate Marvel comics..... Where uthe "Ultimate Tchalla is treated like TRASH. Did absolutely nothing of notr and is deaf n dumb. [NOTE: I have nothing against the disabled]

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    h
    Interesting how Hickman has him robbing all these places EXCEPT Krakoa. Just another diss at BP.
    He robbed Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Clearly u have never read Ultimate Marvel comics..... Where uthe "Ultimate Tchalla is treated like TRASH. Did absolutely nothing of notr and is deaf n dumb. [NOTE: I have nothing against the disabled]
    I’ve read them and remember the piss poor version Bendis created. Since Ultimate Invasion seems to be a reboot/relaunch of the UU it should be relatively easy to reinvent Ultimate T’Challa. We already know he’s going to be in the upcoming Ultimate Universe #1 and he could potentially make an early appearance during Ultimate Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Basically 6160 is a totally separate universe that they are designating the “new” Ultimate Universe. It’s a reboot of the Ultimate line without actually rebooting 1610 itself. 1610 is still out there it’s just not going to get focused on anymore. Instead 6160 is going to be an Earth where Hickman gets free reign to shape as he wills.
    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I think one of the covers for Ultimate Invasion hinted at a new Ultimate T’Challa. It’d be fantastic if Hickman could reinvent the character for a revived Ultimate Universe. That’s possibly the only way of getting back to good T’Challa stories, because the last near decade of continuity has been a complete failure. With a Hickman or Donny Cates at the helm I think T’Challa could finally move forward as a character.
    The Ultimate Universe one shot in Nov has a silhouette that is almost certainly 6160 Black Panther:

Might mean he’s getting a solo book, and I expect Hickman might write it himself.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-be...s-new-costume/

Another article about how much of an ass T'Challa was before and how much better he is now.

These are so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Another article about how much of an ass T'Challa was before and how much better he is now.

These are so much fun.
    Marvel is grounding the erstwhile monarch again for the first time in decades
    Clearly this person knows nothing of T'Challa. Since this galm out with the Avengers literally happened barely a year ago.. and Liss run happened a little over a decade ago... Not decades.... These authors are lazy or idiots, possibly both
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 06-23-2023 at 12:34 PM.

Basically 6160 is a totally separate universe that they are designating the “new” Ultimate Universe. It’s a reboot of the Ultimate line without actually rebooting 1610 itself. 1610 is still out there it’s just not going to get focused on anymore. Instead 6160 is going to be an Earth where Hickman gets free reign to shape as he wills.

The Ultimate Universe one shot in Nov has a silhouette that is almost certainly 6160 Black Panther:

Might mean he’s getting a solo book, and I expect Hickman might write it himself.
    I hope so. Maybe we’ll finally have T’Challa in the hands of someone who actually respects him. And some much needed revamps for his existing rogues gallery.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

These are so much fun.

I’m beating a dead horse, but I don’t like the word “street-level” being associated with TChalla.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I hope so. Maybe we’ll finally have T’Challa in the hands of someone who actually respects him. And some much needed revamps for his existing rogues gallery.
    Yeah... I would still rather have this happen in the main title, as that is what people pay more attention to and effects continuity