Page 113 of 345 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

The only writer that can come in and have BP fans hyped is Redjack. Anyone else will be looked at sideways.
    They won't hire me. Not for that.

This is how it works.

The COMPANY – Execs ABOVE editorial, have plans for various properties, including doing nothing with them. The EiC is made aware of these plans. Any character or series outside those plans, the EiC can do a they like, within budget (but has to check first on anything big or boat-rocking).

The GROUP EDITORS get the trickle-down of all this and have meetings to see how best to navigate and push the company goals forward. THIS is where they have the most agency but it's really not much. Once decisions are made here, calls go out to trusted creatives on availability and to see if they have any pitches that fit in these lines.

CREATIVES always have pitches and, if they're trusted and/or big money earners, sometimes those pitches can create a slight change of approach or ADD something new the Editors and Execs hadn't considered. This stage includes Group Books where multiple writers are already working on several interlinked titles and discuss plans together with each other and their group editor.

After all this, FREELANCERS are brought in to pitch. Freelancers always have pitches.

IF one or more of those pitches fits with what the company ALREADY wants to do or, in some cases, is basically meaningless to the company but would serve as a place-holder to keep a title or character "alive" until the Next Big Thing for them, that pitch is accepted. For the most part the creatives have zero knowledge of everything going on outside their own pitch.

Bottom Line– Mr. Moss is a nice guy doing the work he was hired to do. HE, by himself, does not decide what's going to happen with BP in any major way. He IMPLEMENTS that course to the best of his ability, working with the creatives he has on hand.

IF (and in art opinions always vary and are, also, all equally correct) a title is "going down the tubes," telling some god awful version of the character's story, it's not because Moss or someone like him at his level has decided anything. No editor is tanking a title, no GROUP Editor is tanking a title. They are pushing the goals of their publishing company the best they can with the tools and talent available.

There's no way MARVEL hires me to write BP because there's no way in hell I'd continue on this track they've obviously set for the character and his world. I would come in with bombs, fire and knives and destroy close to everything they've spent the last nearly ten years building. Yes, including the Space Empire. It's very likely they already know this and, if they didn't, they'd know it as soon as we started negotiating a story pitch.

I do not like anything that's been done with the title since Coates took over and Ridley's run is no more pleasing to me. This is common knowledge. it's not a secret. This isn't a description of their abilities. I don't do that mudslinging crap. I just don't like the stories they've chosen to tell with BP. At ALL.

The odds are extremely high that I'll never write BP again, beyond the odd, self-contained one-shot or an "else worlds" style mini. And, let me be clear, I do not WANT to write the character under the course the company has set for him. It would not be a happy partnership and I would be the loser of the argument 100% of the time, ultimately being fired off the book or quitting. I don't own BP and they wouldn't care if my opinions of "good" differed from their plans.

NObody wants that kind of working relationship. Not me and not editorial. Why would any of us walk into that buzzsaw for no reason?

I've pitched Marvel Comics a STACK of stories. Mosaic. Blue Marvel. Brother Voodoo. Night Thrasher. Others. No love, folks.

I have my Marvel sights set on SLINGERS because of Hobie Brown and, if I'm INCREDIBLY lucky, the Starjammers. Outside that? Zero interest.

There's simply not enough pay involved for me to fight City Hall to save the Panther.

If you're looking at me for that, stop. For real. They will never hire me for it. If they were going to, they'd have done so by now. More importanly, if this is what they want for the character, I'd never take the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

This is how it works.

The COMPANY – Execs ABOVE editorial, have plans for various properties, including doing nothing with them. The EiC is made aware of these plans. Any character or series outside those plans, the EiC can do a they like, within budget (but has to check first on anything big or boat-rocking).

The GROUP EDITORS get the trickle-down of all this and have meetings to see how best to navigate and push the company goals forward. THIS is where they have the most agency but it's really not much. Once decisions are made here, calls go out to trusted creatives on availability and to see if they have any pitches that fit in these lines.

CREATIVES always have pitches and, if they're trusted and/or big money earners, sometimes those pitches can create a slight change of approach or ADD something new the Editors and Execs hadn't considered. This stage includes Group Books where multiple writers are already working on several interlinked titles and discuss plans together with each other and their group editor.

After all this, FREELANCERS are brought in to pitch. Freelancers always have pitches.

IF one or more of those pitches fits with what the company ALREADY wants to do or, in some cases, is basically meaningless to the company but would serve as a place-holder to keep a title or character "alive" until the Next Big Thing for them, that pitch is accepted. For the most part the creatives have zero knowledge of everything going on outside their own pitch.

Bottom Line– Mr. Moss is a nice guy doing the work he was hired to do. HE, by himself, does not decide what's going to happen with BP in any major way. He IMPLEMENTS that course to the best of his ability, working with the creatives he has on hand.

IF (and in art opinions always vary and are, also, all equally correct) a title is "going down the tubes," telling some god awful version of the character's story, it's not because Moss or someone like him at his level has decided anything. No editor is tanking a title, no GROUP Editor is tanking a title. They are pushing the goals of their publishing company the best they can with the tools and talent available.

There's no way MARVEL hires me to write BP because there's no way in hell I'd continue on this track they've obviously set for the character and his world. I would come in with bombs, fire and knives and destroy close to everything they've spent the last nearly ten years building. Yes, including the Space Empire. It's very likely they already know this and, if they didn't, they'd know it as soon as we started negotiating a story pitch.

I do not like anything that's been done with the title since Coates took over and Ridley's run is no more pleasing to me. This is common knowledge. it's not a secret. This isn't a description of their abilities. I don't do that mudslinging crap. I just don't like the stories they've chosen to tell with BP. At ALL.

The odds are extremely high that I'll never write BP again, beyond the odd, self-contained one-shot or an "else worlds" style mini. And, let me be clear, I do not WANT to write the character under the course the company has set for him. It would not be a happy partnership and I would be the loser of the argument 100% of the time, ultimately being fired off the book or quitting. I don't own BP and they wouldn't care if my opinions of "good" differed from their plans.

NObody wants that kind of working relationship. Not me and not editorial. Why would any of us walk into that buzzsaw for no reason?

I've pitched Marvel Comics a STACK of stories. Mosaic. Blue Marvel. Brother Voodoo. Night Thrasher. Others. No love, folks.

I have my Marvel sights set on SLINGERS because of Hobie Brown and, if I'm INCREDIBLY lucky, the Starjammers. Outside that? Zero interest.

There's simply not enough pay involved for me to fight City Hall to save the Panther.

If you're looking at me for that, stop. For real. They will never hire me for it. If they were going to, they'd have done so by now. More importanly, if this is what they want for the character, I'd never take the job.
    Thank you and yeah, I've given up on that idea. Marvel isn't interested. I mentioned you because right now, you're the only writer who BP fans will give cred to.

I'm onboard for your Slingers pitch if it goes through. Plus, looking at you creator owned projects. Currently the Starjammers appear to be dead if the X-solicits are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The probably for Eve is if she tries to do that how much PUSH BACK will she get?

Remember Redjack's King In Black issue? The line started behind you know whose fans screaming everything was wrong. Even to Shuri telling Okeye to REMOVE her hand from her arm. Yes in a time of crisis a leader would act harsh and cold to people.

She is in a position of Dang if you do and Dang if you don't. She would have to do a MIRACLE in issue one that would see an increase in Final Order Cutoff for issue 2-that tends to be AFTER issue 1 is out.
    Yeah thing is though, people screamed and hollered about Redjacks KIB but the numbers spoke for themselves and it sold really good. I believe it was one of the best one shots sold for that event. So who cares what the usual suspects say? Those same people were raving Coates and even still rave Ridley,bit the numbers show no one especially T'Challa fans, are showing up and neither are those folks. So f*ck em

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I do find it funny where despite the grosser subject matter, Coates did manage to handle his shit with at least some level of grace compared to the completely devoid of tact or elegance sledgehammer approach of Ridley.

Which I guess indicates that purely non-comic wise of course, Coates is the better writer than Ridley. The former to his credit is a successful author while the latter is more of a screenplay writer.
    Nah, Coates wasn't graceful at all. The ONLY thing I would credit him is that he ALLOWED (which is shitty to say I know) T'Challa to get something once every 10 issues or so before he went back to shit flinging.

This is how it works.

This is the one area where I will be hopelessly optimistic and hope one day Marvel pulls their head out of the sand and course corrects what's going on. Because it's failing and will continue to do so until they hire someone who actually cares and focuses on T'CHALLA, ya know, the only one that sells and is everywhere merch wise

This is how it works.

Well now I understand why some of our ideal choices aren’t chosen to write the solos. Their direction for the character has to be in-step with what company Exec’s want. Unless they’re a headliner whose ideas are closely aligned with what the company wants anyway. Those writers that are big draws then have some flexibility.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Nah, Coates wasn't graceful at all. The ONLY thing I would credit him is that he ALLOWED (which is shitty to say I know) T'Challa to get something once every 10 issues or so before he went back to shit flinging.
    Thats what I mean, it a relative thing. Granted Coates book had a lot of prose narration from the fact he had difficulty transitioning from novels to comic books so everything he wrote was overtly wordy like a book.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Also found out they collected all the recent World of Wakanda books in an omnibus that was recently released, titled Wakanda: World Of Black Panther Omnibus

Collects Rise of The Black Panther #1-6, Black Panther: World Of Wakanda #1-6, Black Panther & The Crew #1-6, Black Panther: Long Live The King #1-6, Black Panther Annual (2018) #1, Amazing Spider-Man: Wakanda Forever, X-Men: Wakanda Forever, Avengers: Wakanda Forever, Black Panther vs. Deadpool #1-5, Shuri #1-10, Killmonger #1-5, Black Panther And The Agents Of Wakanda #1-8, King In Black: Black Panther And The Last Annihilation: Wakanda - plus material from Venomverse: War Stories, Marvel Comics (2019) #1000, Marvel's Voices #1, Marvel's Voices: Legacy And Black Panther (2018) #23-25.
    Pretty much a random hodgepodge of stories, everything BP related that they couldn't fit in more specific trades

The Priest Omnibus is down to $72.00 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Panther...f-a2c47c48c32f

Ultimate Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhcsRndS4ZI

Black Panther talk.

Talk about the movie and some Ridley talk....

Also found out they collected all the recent World of Wakanda books in an omnibus that was recently released, titled Wakanda: World Of Black Panther Omnibus

Pretty much a random hodgepodge of stories, everything BP related that they couldn't fit in more specific trades
    Only a few of these really seem worth collecting.

They should have separated the stuff that actually featured T'Challa/Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Only a few of these really seem worth collecting.
    You mean...you don't want to read Black Panther: The Crew and learn more about what's his name and how Storm got the name Blue?

Why Frontier, why????

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I just wish people like Ekie and Ezyo chilled with the Coates slander during his run. Not saying yall had the direct influence, but people like you forced them to turn to Ridley.

The devil you know is better than the devil you dont know (Coates is not a devil writer to me but you get the gist)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    You mean...you don't want to read Black Panther: The Crew and learn more about what's his name and how Storm got the name Blue?

Why Frontier, why????
    Or about all the other Coates characters no one really cares about .