Page 213 of 345 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This. When the Doras rebelled, they were righteous. The HZ are just thuggish rogues. Why.
    The irony is that the DM did FAR WORSE than the HZ yet they are seen as the good guys...

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I think one of the rogue HZ T'Challa stoped this issue appeared to be a women which is kinda funny.

From the looks of it whats happening is unclear, the HZ may appear to be when a former military group gets disbanded so the discharged soldiers turned to banditry. Like how over in Japan when the samurai class was abolished many of them became bandits or precursors to the modern day Yakuza crime organization because they couldn't find other occpuations.

At least thats one interpretation, it wouldn't surprise me if the HZ were disbanded again after Akili's rebellion.

Ultimate Member

Someone is getting married and NOBODY from Wakanda let alone fellow team member seems to be invited.

Emma and Tony Starks.

No T'Challa
    Yet Kamala is there....
    Along with an Eli Bradley free Young Avengers reunion

Wonder when that marriage is broken up-will X-writer line up to throw shade at Tony like they do T'Challa.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    One was born male and in this climate-black men have to be lowest of the low to fit agenda.

The usual suspects would take issue if the Doras were shown to act the same way the HZ are.

There would be no stealth Dora book (Black Panther WOW) to showcase them as more than rebels. Because that doesn't fit the narratives.

It is funny some of them looked like they ran through Cyborg's closet and took stuff.
    I agree with you a lot here, though I will give Ewing, or the artist some credit, that one of the Hatut Zeraze in the first issue was female. And also that she didn't beat up T'Challa or put him in his place. It didn't go unnoticed that T'Challa wished that even the rebelling Doras had still been around, another sign of how they are lionized to how the Hatut Zeraze are demonized. And though there are females among the Hatut Zeraze, it's generally depicted as a male organization.

Astonishing Member

Someone is getting married and NOBODY from Wakanda let alone fellow team member seems to be invited.

Emma and Tony Starks.

No T'Challa
    Yet Kamala is there....

Wonder when that marriage is broken up-will X-writer line up to throw shade at Tony like they do T'Challa.
    I don’t care about T’Challa going to the wedding or not, I just hope this isn’t a signal he’s left the Avengers again. My big concern going into Mackay’s run is that T’Challa’s gonna be used to promote the first two or three arcs then get written out to be confined to the solo.

That would be trash and I hope the character’s not used that way given the quality of Black Panther editorial. But most likely it’s nothing.

Emma and Tony Starks.

No T'Challa
    Yet Kamala is there....

Meh T’Challa has had enough drama regarding mutants. I see this as a win.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Emma and Tony Starks.

No T'Challa
    Yet Kamala is there....

T'Challa would stay far away from this debacle if he knows what's good for him.

I don't want to see images of him pining away for his ex while she's ignoring him.

Emma and Tony Starks.

No T'Challa
    Yet Kamala is there....

T'Challa's probably all the way in the back, shaking his head.

"I tried to warn him about those X-Women."

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

I saw this earlier. Pray tell will they, when has Wakanda ever been portrayed flawless?

I feel like a post like this was made about Coates run as well about how Coates was doing something "groundbreaking" by not showing Wakanda as perfect... At this point it's been a longer timeline of ishty Wakanda than Priest or Hudlins versions of capable Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I saw this earlier. Pray tell will they, when has Wakanda ever been portrayed flawless?

I feel like a post like this was made about Coates run as well about how Coates was doing something "groundbreaking" by not showing Wakanda as perfect... At this point it's been a longer timeline of ishty Wakanda than Priest or Hudlins versions of capable Wakanda.
    It's literally the same story, too.

"T'Challa was so out of touch with the common Wakandan that outlaw gangs are terrorizing communities on the fringes".

The only difference here is that Birnin T'Chaka doesn't have treehouse rape camps.

(But I bet we'll get human trafficking...)

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    For a while now, Marvel has presented Wakanda in an almost flawless light.
    How long ago is “a while”? Ridley? It took 4 or 5 issues for it to fall into another civil war? It sure as hell can’t be Coates. Issue #1 turned Wakanda into a lawless country where people get killed on their way home, open rebellion, and women and children get kidnapped and placed in rape camps. So I’m not sure what that writer is talking about, it wasn’t perfect during the McGregor and Priest era either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

When they beat the Skrulls with no help from any hero from a certain demographic or teams.

When Black Panther under Redjack didn't abandon Wakanda to save Storm and united the people to save Wakanda.

This is what they think is flawless.

This same country that needed only BLACK heroes to take on Space Killmonger. Which so many praised in the name of black pride.

While folks took issues with Redjack's Knight in Black issue.

And folks HATRED of Hudlin ignored Aaron's taking out of the Skrulls.

We are not suppose to be able to do that without someone of certain demographics holding our hands.

Gotta love the buzzwords they throw in... Realism. Because a hyper advanced nation needs to have realism and ishty rl situations and to be interesting. Been there done that for the last 8 years and no one cares for it.

There's a reason BPQ and KiB did far better than any other stuff from this current era

If anyone here is an aspiring writer and doubts their abilities, just remember, people get paid to write these god awful articles that get posted on the front page. Seriously, is there a template they all use? They're always terrible. They don't even have good titles.

"Galactus eats planets without milk...and for a good reason." They can't even clickbait right.