Page 51 of 345 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

When she said "Noir" my immediate thought was doing something in-line with Liss' run.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That's Coates for you. He had some good ideas but didn't maximize them.

I really liked the idea of the Intergalactic Wakandan Empire. I really liked NuNakia and hoped that T'Challa could move on with her.

But Coates being the "Ororo-stan" he ended up killing her NuNakia. Coates seems to be firmly in the "T'Ororo" camp which I don't think is workable with the way Marvel is today.
    He's camp T'Ororo as Long as only Storm benefit's from it, otherwise he gives zero f***ks

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    And frankly, I don’t really think anymore emphasis should be placed on “fleshing out Wakanda” or whatever it is Ewing said. There’s nothing inherently more interesting about Wakanda than any other mythical country.
    Let's be real, in the last 8 years the "Flashing out" of Wakaohad basically resulted in turning it into a more advanced, but apparently very much still a racial stereotype of Africa. Ones who cannot function with their 10k year established government and IMMEDIATELY devolve into rape, wanton violence, gender inequality, authoritarianism, and need to be saved by Western democracy to save them from themselves.

If that's considered fleshing out Wakanda, then Id rather take what we had before (except Redjacks one shot, that can stay as he did more good for fleshing Wakanda in a single issue that the last 8 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    It's been confirmed by her it's Tchalla
    That means absolutely nothing. Ridley said his run would be focusing on T'Challa and also about brotherhood, yet...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So trying to look on the positive side of things, how likely do y’all think it is that Eve will finally bring back old rogues like Achebe or Madam Slay?
    Slim to none. I definitely see OC villains followed by Klaw and Killmonger making a comeback

With Chris Allen taking over as artist the only request is that for the love of god please give T’Challa his drip back. For over a decade we’ve been stuck with all black with a necklace. It’s lazy and uninspiring.

For the next writer, next story arcs:

introduce several new villains!

don't retread Killmonger movie plot.

Introduce other Marvel villains for Panther to fight and DEFEAT!

Lots of fun sequences for T'Challa to shine and win battles and be highly respected by wakandan society.

no more drastic retcons of absolutely abhorrent behavior by ancestral Wakandans, e.g., secret slavery participation, etc.

If it's a continuation of the last two runs then no thanks. Who wants to read more of "T'Challa's Secrets come back to haunt him and he must pay the price."

How much lower do they want to take him.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Why can't the big two ever get someone new to write?

I feel like it's the same batch of writers just playing musical chairs, I mean hell Slott came back to Spidey after writing a legendary run that was 100's of issues and E. Ewing has had a hand on so many titles.

What happened to letting new voices in that can write T'Challa that doesn't come from the same writing corner that we've been reading for the last 5-6 years.
    Well, the last two BP writers were new. That did not turn out well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    With Chris Allen taking over as artist the only request is that for the love of god please give T’Challa his drip back. For over a decade we’ve been stuck with all black with a necklace. It’s lazy and uninspiring.

Ridley saw this and took it personal!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Please be good.

EDIT: Nevermind. Coates was her mentor. Looks like we’re still in dark times.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It won't be.

I will not be pre ordering or buying.
    And on a personal note, the title was so indelibly shaped by my friend and mentor, Ta-Nehisi Coates, who is a big part of why I'm even in comics

LOL FADE ME
    Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    Yup that told me all I needed to know, another 2 years of the same stuff.
    I read that and the milk in my cornflakes immediately turned sour.

Eh, I’m willing to give Ewing a shot. She was able to salvage Riri into an actual character from the mess she was under Bendis, maybe she can salvage T’Challa after Ridley destroyed him.

Yup.

I don't know why this is so hard for some of the people in here to understand the trepidation a lot of us have.

It is another green comic book writer that comes from the Coates tree.

Y'all are like "read IH!!".... its 12 issues lol. It can't be THAT good, it got cancelled.

Champions... 5 issues long.

Photon is a whopping 2 issues in.

Some of us were straight up burned for years ignoring warning signs from Coates, being optimistic about Coates, thinking it was a slow burn, then thinking he was moving on to more "comic booky arcs" and it would get better and to a lot of us, it never did. And from sales perspective, it never did (critically acclaimed IGEW LOL, that shit tanked quickly and other than the hook of Wakandan empire, it failed, give me a break).

We then turned around and gave Ridley a chance because, "he actually writes comics nd they aren't bad!" and ended up with the worst panther run ever.

To be honest, I am not spending a cent on this because Eve wasn't on my short list of people I would. It really has nothing to do with her... I am done giving Marvel money for a product I don't like. I am not spending money on a hope and a prayer. Eve doesn't have enough comic issues to say she can do X or Y with T'challa... the same editors are in place... she comes from the same "tree" of a writer I don't like... why the hell would I spend my money on this?

I 100% hope she knocks it out of the park, and if after the first arc she does, I will gladly back buy it all and then start buying monthly. But Marvel burned any goodwill they have left with me, so I will 100% not pre-order and wait it out.
    100 percent how I see it.
    I have very little faith that she was hired to actually improve the circumstances of t'challa. She's been given strictly black female characters up to this point (to my understanding) and the editor Wil Moss actively sought her out to write this book. At some point she's likely going to be writing Shuri as the lead or very least co-lead for MCU synergy.

Her interview Friday will tell me what I need to know but I'm still not buying a single issue until well into the run when her intent is clear.

Another literary, new to the medium writer given a character that they likely never followed (atleast until Coats) being allowed to shape the history and future of an iconic character.

Also would like the context in which she called BlackPanther a "legacy character".

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

YES. Seriously even the base MCU accent's is better than a shadow with eyeballs until the suit lights up with Kinect Energy.
    Tbh I really like Rockforts more panther like design as it makes a clear distinction between T'Challa and Batman.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I will wait until I see/read the preview.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!