Page 89 of 345 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Dang. I guess T'Challa got off easy.
    He's got one more issue man lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Coates run wasn’t good, but at least it gave some half-assed consolation prizes in the finale, I get the impression that the only reason T’Challa is even ending this run with the Black Panther codename is that McKay pulled rank as ‘Avengers/Kang arc/Cometh the Miracleman’ writer

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    you're going to laugh but I can fix all this in two issues.
    Y'all know I could fix this mess in TWO WORDS.

spoilers:
    "End Simulation"
    end of spoilers

I'm still not following the franchise, despite the new series coming up, but I saw the preview for #14, and wanted to offer my condolences to the rest of you.

Niffleheim

Yep Coates and Ridley's runs could either be simulations or a successful Skrull invasion. I'd prefer a simulation thou lol!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

I’m not unsympathetic to the attempts to repeat Gotham becoming a setting in of itself for Batman with Wakanda; but that was the culmination of 80 years of bits and bobs and was never an end in of itself. This was far form the way to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh this was pointed out to me, this line on this page

"By unanimous vote of the parliament you have been delcared persona non grata and banished from Wakanda for the rest of your remaining days."

It was a unanimous vote to kick him out, not a single person dissented to declaring T'Challa persona non grata. Thats extremally rare ya know, not even the US entering WWII got a unanimous vote.

Not a single person defended him out. They all wanted to him kicked out and are willing to collude with their most hated enemy to do so.

These people are fucking traitors.

I guess the Panther Clan didn't have a say in the matter.

No Panther, no Bast and now Wakanda is a subsidiary of Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He's got one more issue man lol
    And after that, more frakkery.

Astonishing Member

Has the Panther Clan even been mentioned since AvX?

Ultimate Member

Thinking about that Eve Ewing interview, I can see why she chuckled when referring to the current status quo.

She did say she won’t erase everything that came before but will build off it.

After seeing these last issues, she might want to re-think that stance.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-04-2023 at 08:59 AM.

Ultimate Member

That’s the thing, Ridley has fundamentally changed Wakanda with this nonsense. I can’t imagine how Wakanda will sign a treaty with the nation they went to war with for protection. Seriously, how does it make sense?

It’s nothing that can’t be retconned or removed but messing up T’Challa strips away a lot of what made Wakanda unique in the first place.

Although, Coates started that nonsense in the place.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-04-2023 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well Coates is gone. Ridley could have continued on the the path of having tchalla be reverend by both wakanda prime and the Galatic empire of wakanda but instead chose to show him being rejected by his people and losing his citizenship. that isn't Coates doing. not even close.

I'm not a storm fan who believes in the notion of in al ewing we trust. in fact its quite the opposite.. I would take Coates any day over Ewing storm.

and outside this forum you will find many who thoroughly enjoyed Coates black panther and his depiction of tchalla.
    So we are going to forget the rape, T'Challa meeting with despots so Coates could try and validate why he shouldn't be King and why Wakandas in chaos and the people no longer wanting him ruling them? The Orishas ™ taking what made Wakanda special for themselves? T'Challa was always revered by his people. Coates messed that up and then turned around and said T'Challa resented his people. He made Wakanda a Columbus analogue and made the empire a slave trade analogue and the longest and biggest slave trade to ever exist and he gets blamed and gaslit by Bast... Coates fans seem to want to jump to the end and ignore all the in-between and the CONTEXT of his "End result"

Outside this forum more people aren't looking so fondly at it like before.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Coates run wasn’t good, but at least it gave some half-assed consolation prizes in the finale, I get the impression that the only reason T’Challa is even ending this run with the Black Panther codename is that McKay pulled rank as ‘Avengers/Kang arc/Cometh the Miracleman’ writer
    But it wasn't a consolation prize because Coates started and ended his run the Same way: T'Challa didn't want to be King and resented his people. At the end, T'Challa didn't want to be Emperor and resented his people (and probably Bast now too) oh and Bast fused with a non Wakandan/ Nazi sympathizer who killed Wakandans and allowed and supported the rape of Wakandan citizens... But sure let's pretend that Coates run had some good....

By the way I am not directing this at you it's just the nonsense we hear from people who want to pull the "Bet your missing Coates now that Ridley is here now aren't ya?" Crowd

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So we are going to forget the rape, T'Challa meeting with despots so Coates could try and validate why he shouldn't be King and why Wakandas in chaos and the people no longer wanting him ruling them? The Orishas ™ taking what made Wakanda special for themselves? T'Challa was always revered by his people. Coates messed that up and then turned around and said T'Challa resented his people. He made Wakanda a Columbus analogue and made the empire a slave trade analogue and the longest and biggest slave trade to ever exist and he gets blamed and gaslit by Bast... Coates fans seem to want to jump to the end and ignore all the in-between and the CONTEXT of his "End result"

Outside this forum more people aren't looking so fondly at it like before.

And if they did wouldn't sales be better? Aside from Coates first run and volume 1 of the run-nobody is reading the rest of his stuff.

Outside this forum-I have met more folks asking "WTF happen to Black Panther?" Especially black folks asking that question and folks who have NEVER read Black Panther-have heard nothing nice about the past 7 years.

Yet we got cheerleaders acting like everyone loves this stuff.

Let some rape camps show up in Metropolis or Gotham or Paradise Island or Keystone City.
    Let Supergirl or Catwoman or WW tell WOMEN they deserve to be raped.
    Let a bunch of women talk down to Batman or Superman.
    Let Joe Goon Thomas give Batman the beating Cap gave T'Challa.

That writer would be RUN out of the industry and probably blackballed. Yet here it's okay. Because it's black writers doing it.
    The past 8 years is what many fear black writers would do to certain books. Self insert and toss in commentary that is not needed.

Then we wonder why Batman, Superman & Peter Parker can't have a black ongoing writer. A job Priest or Redjack are qualified for.

Store reducing their orders because nobody wants to read the book.

Eve is being set up for pure failure thanks to the previous runs. Even if she was to fix this mess-unless Marvel gives her the leeway they gave Coates when his later run was looking up at all the books at Boom Studios. She might not get to finish fixing stuff.

Outside of Avengers comics I haven't ben reading T'Challa for a while. Anything to recommend? Every time I come in here it feels like there isn't anything going on. (Well there is but you all are saying it's terrible stuff)

I dropped Coates run a while back and never picked up Ridley's. Honestly, it feels like the last comic I got was that Redjack one-shot for the King in Black.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh this was pointed out to me, this line on this page

"By unanimous vote of the parliament you have been delcared persona non grata and banished from Wakanda for the rest of your remaining days."

It was a unanimous vote to kick him out, not a single person dissented to declaring T'Challa persona non grata. Thats extremally rare ya know, not even the US entering WWII got a unanimous vote.

Not a single person defended him out. They all wanted to him kicked out and are willing to collude with their most hated enemy to do so.

These people are fucking traitors.

Actually doesn't this give T'Challa more freedom to kill Namor?