Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    I thought the art was so fun in this issue -- especially the layout and the scene with MODOK + the minds. Very psychedelic.

Plot-wise, I still don't fully understand why Steve and Bucky need to basically "break up" over the different philosophy. It feels like a very contrived drama. I guess if they lean into more people dying because of Bucky's actions, but prior to this issue he'd only killed a villain, which isn't a super big deal.

Also, the MCU Synergy was strong with Peggy's conversation with Steve with her implying that she knows him better than anyone in the group because she knew him before he was an icon. She didn't meet him until he'd been Captain America for a bit when they were in France. So I was left a bit "Sure, Jan" when she said that. I also think this was the second one-on-one conversation they've had since her return. I dunno. It doesn't feel very earned, what she was saying initially.

I'm actually curious to see what MODOC is doing to everyone's minds though. It could be neat.
    Oh yeah wasn't their relationship originally just kind of a short fling when their jobs crossed path?

I don't even think they were a thing when Steve got frozen.

Guess it makes more sense if its just her being manipulative towards him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oh yeah wasn't their relationship originally just kind of a short fling when their jobs crossed path?

I don't know if I'd call it a fling, it was one of those short, brief, but passionate affairs during wartime.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

The seriousness of their relationship has bounced around over the years. He loved her, but also they apparently didn't know each other's names -- but I that has since been retconned. She wasn't his only wartime love, and I think they had a bit of a Vegas agreement in the sense that they boned while they were in the same place but were free agents otherwise? During Brubaker's run she was with the Codename: Bravo guy for a bit while seeing Steve too, right?

All of that to say: It wasn't like the MCU.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    The seriousness of their relationship has bounced around over the years. He loved her, but also they apparently didn't know each other's names -- but I that has since been retconned. She wasn't his only wartime love, and I think they had a bit of a Vegas agreement in the sense that they boned while they were in the same place but were free agents otherwise? During Brubaker's run she was with the Codename: Bravo guy for a bit while seeing Steve too, right?

All of that to say: It wasn't like the MCU.
    I remember coming out of Endgame with my sister and she asked me if there were any comics that had Steve and Peggy as a couple. Had to break it to her that they were never shown to be merely as close as the movies portrayed and I find it funny when the comics try so hard to

Deadly MODOC !

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Deadly MODOC !
    Indeed. That MODOC is no joke.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Deadly MODOC !
    Indeed. That MODOC is no joke.
    I concur. Could even be more deadlier than the Erik Larsen version...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-25-2023 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Astonishing Member

Is the Captain America running around these days the cosmic cube copy? That's kinda weird but cool.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Is the Captain America running around these days the cosmic cube copy? That's kinda weird but cool.
    We try not to think too hard about that.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I concur. Could even be more deadlier than the Erik Larsen version...
    Perhaps, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    We try not to think too hard about that.
    HYDRA-Cap was the Cosmic Cube-created copy, if I recall correctly. That said, the real Steve Rogers's consciousness was stored inside Kobik and then restored to the material plane in a recreated body, so . . .

Kinda surprised that Steve didn't ask Emma to implant something in their minds in case MODOC tried to screw with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Kinda surprised that Steve didn't ask Emma to implant something in their minds in case MODOC tried to screw with them again.
    In retrospect, that would have been a good idea.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In retrospect, that would have been a good idea.
    I agree with Peggy. There is no way I would willingly let a telepath...especially Emma...anywhere near my brain.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I agree with Peggy. There is no way I would willingly let a telepath...especially Emma...anywhere near my brain.
    They've let Emma in already so the genie is out of the bottle. As far as Peggy goes, she doesn't want any of her secrets to come out.