Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    true, but non comic mcu fans will lose their shit
    Yeah pretty much.

Marcus Fury was born from the fans who believe Ultimate Fury to be objectively the coolest look for Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah pretty much.

Marcus Fury was born from the fans who believe Ultimate Fury to be objectively the coolest look for Fury
    Even Ultimate Fury himself believes so.

Marcus though...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I've just started reading both Cap series and am loving them. It doesn't feel overcrowded with two different characters holding the mantle as I thought it might and it sets up some really interesting dynamics, which look to be the main draw of the Cold War event. Looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds!
    Cool. I'm much the same way with the Spider-Men (Peter Parker and Miles Morales) books, though I think it works somewhat better in Steve Rogers's and Sam Wilson's cases since they've been friends and partners almost forever and, besides Bucky Barnes and Sharon Carter, there's no one else he'd trust more with the shield.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even Ultimate Fury himself believes so.

Marcus though...
    The thing with Marcus is he lacks the old spymaster thing that makes Fury's character. Marcus isn't a long-lived near immortal whose managed to have involvement in near every conflict since WWII and has been in contract with damn near every superhuman and agent.

But Marvel wants Sam Jackson Fury in 616 so they force it by just treating Nick and Marcus as completely interchangeable. Everyone treats Marcus as if he's the same guy whose been around since the 20th century.

All-New Member

Has Fury Jr ever been SHIELD director?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

The thing with Marcus is he lacks the old spymaster thing that makes Fury's character. Marcus isn't a long-lived near immortal whose managed to have involvement in near every conflict since WWII and has been in contract with damn near every superhuman and agent.

But Marvel wants Sam Jackson Fury in 616 so they force it by just treating Nick and Marcus as completely interchangeable. Everyone treats Marcus as if he's the same guy whose been around since the 20th century.
    the easy fix could've been what they did with Miles just bring him over but tweak his origin as a WWII vet

also I think in my lifetime I have only read Nick Fury Sr. as the head of SHIELD for like one arc of New Avengers before he was replaced by Hill, so he's been MIA from a place of prominence for a long time

Incredible Member

the easy fix could've been what they did with Miles just bring him over but tweak his origin as a WWII vet

also I think in my lifetime I have only read Nick Fury Sr. as the head of SHIELD for like one arc of New Avengers before he was replaced by Hill, so he's been MIA from a place of prominence for a long time
    ^To this day, I don't know why this was not done.

The day Fury left was the last time SHIELD was really stable/competent.

Extraordinary Member

So they bring Ultimate Nick over and he replaces the entire history or 616 Nick? Or there are 2 Nicks who both share a history??
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The day Fury left was the last time SHIELD was really stable/competent.
    very true

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So they bring Ultimate Nick over and he replaces the entire history or 616 Nick? Or there are 2 Nicks who both share a history??
    Ultimate Fury comes over and replaces 616 Fury history and all, so there is only one Fury who happens to look like Sam Jackson.

Kinda like One More Day but for Fury

*quickly finds the exit* [pew! runs outta the door]

Extraordinary Member

very true

Ultimate Fury comes over and replaces 616 Fury history and all, so there is only one Fury who happens to look like Sam Jackson.

Kinda like One More Day but for Fury

*quickly finds the exit* [pew! runs outta the door]
    That would go over real well...
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Oh yeah Marcus Fury is still a thing

Ah one of the more baffling cases of synergy. I know Ultimate Fury is the more popular incarnation but uh they did some bad stuff here.
    Instead of naming Marcus Nick Jr, they could have just named him Scorpio (Jake Fury's alias) and he still would have had ties to Nick Sr.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Instead of naming Marcus Nick Jr, they could have just named him Scorpio (Jake Fury's alias) and he still would have had ties to Nick Sr.
    Yeah, but that wouldn't've done what Marvel wanted to do, which was to have a 616 character named Nick Fury that looked like Samuel L. Jackson.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Yeah, but that wouldn't've done what Marvel wanted to do, which was to have a 616 character named Nick Fury that looked like Samuel L. Jackson.
    ^^^The sad part is, he DOESN'T look like Samuel L. Jackson.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^The sad part is, he DOESN'T look like Samuel L. Jackson.
    I mean, not every artist can be Bryan Hitch lol.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.