Page 56 of 87 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    spoilers:
    Tony apparently dies in battle fairly often and has a system for making clones to make himself back. What happens is that the clones fight each other with the winner being the "real" Tony Stark. Tony tracks them by investigating events that he doesn't remember. I also feel like the comic was implying the clones were imprisoned somewhere as the setting of the comic was the Cube Prison and the prisoners respected Iron Man for making the prison more humane. At the end of the story the Tony we were following dies saying there's still something he doesn't remember implying there's still another clone out there.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Jackal, New U, Krakoa, eat your hearts out. Tony's perfected cloning, and he did it before both Clone Conspiracy and House of X?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Jackal, New U, Krakoa, eat your hearts out. Tony's perfected cloning, and he did it before both Clone Conspiracy and House of X?
    end of spoilers
    WOW! That is intriguing to say the least! Can’t wait to read it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

spoilers:
    Tony apparently dies in battle fairly often and has a system for making clones to make himself back. What happens is that the clones fight each other with the winner being the "real" Tony Stark. Tony tracks them by investigating events that he doesn't remember. I also feel like the comic was implying the clones were imprisoned somewhere as the setting of the comic was the Cube Prison and the prisoners respected Iron Man for making the prison more humane. At the end of the story the Tony we were following dies saying there's still something he doesn't remember implying there's still another clone out there.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks a lot! It’s greatly appreciated.
    Yeah, that's something that needs to be continued to be developed. Tony created LMDs so that would be the next logical step in the process for him. He should have it pretty much perfected.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, that's something that needs to be continued to be developed. Tony created LMDs so that would be the next logical step in the process for him. He should have it pretty much perfected.
    Might have something to do with that "biotechnological reboot" thing that brought him (and Rhodey) back a few years ago, I'd think, or at least be an offshoot somehow. spoilers:
    And it could also be a good way to "explain away" any unpopular turns of characterization for him, such as much of the mid-2000s.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm okay if it is or isn't really. This kind of revelation might be a lot for the main Iron Man series. As a short story on its own, it's interesting, memorable, and creepy enough to stand on its own as something not to be elaborated on like a good ghost story.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Might have something to do with that "biotechnological reboot" thing that brought him (and Rhodey) back a few years ago, I'd think, or at least be an offshoot somehow. spoilers:
    And it could also be a good way to "explain away" any unpopular turns of characterization for him, such as much of the mid-2000s.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, like I said, before Clone Conspiracy. That would also mean before his resurrection near the end of Bendis's run (since Clone Conspiracy was published around the time Ironheart was leading the Invincible Iron Man book). If I'm understanding it right, that wasn't the first time he resurrected himself... though it was the first time he used it on someone else.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    Yeah, like I said, before Clone Conspiracy. That would also mean before his resurrection near the end of Bendis's run (since Clone Conspiracy was published around the time Ironheart was leading the Invincible Iron Man book). If I'm understanding it right, that wasn't the first time he resurrected himself... though it was the first time he used it on someone else.
    end of spoilers
    Hmm, speaking of that . . . I think that happened before in the Iron Man run, late 80s or early 90s, where Rhodey had to take up the Iron Mantle again, albeit while wearing what would be known as the War Machine Armor, because Tony was dying or dead . . . only for it to turn out that he'd faked it, much to Rhodey's ire, though given this latest issue of I Am Iron Man . . .

Felipe Massafera Instagram now cover variant

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Finally read I Am Iron Man. Pretty delightful series overall, Ayodele really came up with some fun concepts. Be cool to have them write another Iron Man book.

Also read Invincible. I hope Tony starts doing something against Feilong, he's been on the backfoot for a while now and I'd like to see him use his big brain to formulate some kind of big counter attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Finally read I Am Iron Man. Pretty delightful series overall, Ayodele really came up with some fun concepts. Be cool to have them write another Iron Man book.

Also read Invincible. I hope Tony starts doing something against Feilong, he's been on the backfoot for a while now and I'd like to see him use his big brain to formulate some kind of big counter attack.
    Generally cosigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, speaking of that . . . I think that happened before in the Iron Man run, late 80s or early 90s, where Rhodey had to take up the Iron Mantle again, albeit while wearing what would be known as the War Machine Armor, because Tony was dying or dead . . . only for it to turn out that he'd faked it, much to Rhodey's ire, though given this latest issue of I Am Iron Man . . .
    Indeed. Here's proof...

Seems like a few people shown on that cover won't be there. Cyclops is captured by Orchis, War Machine is in prison, I assume the redhead on the left is Pepper Potts, who hasn't been used in this run at all, and Jean's dead.

Seems like a few people shown on that cover won't be there. Cyclops is captured by Orchis, War Machine is in prison, I assume the redhead on the left is Pepper Potts, who hasn't been used in this run at all, and Jean's dead.
    I was wondering if the red head was Pepper as well.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-03-2023 at 07:56 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Hot Toys celebrates 15 years of Iron Man with Cosbi collection.
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...bi-collection/