Page 15 of 87 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Any chance that Maria is a skrull, and she's using the pretext that she's helping humanity to murder traitors? From what I've seen, admittedly just from previews, it looks like she has only murdered those skrulls attempting to honestly immigrate to earth and assimilate into human society.
    We’ll find out tomorrow in issue #4. I have a feeling that there is more to it than what’s being shown. I think you’d dig what Tony’s doing with the Skrulls in this mini.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-07-2023 at 08:12 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Today’s issue of Secret Invasion kicked everything into high gear. Tony wasn’t messing around. He sees things from his point of view and he’s doing whatever he can to make the rest of the people involved see it his way too.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Today’s issue of Secret Invasion kicked everything into high gear. Tony wasn’t messing around. He sees things from his point of view and he’s doing whatever he can to make the rest of the people involved see it his way too.
    Somebody lock up Maria Hill!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Somebody lock up Maria Hill!
    If what happened wasn’t some sort of trick or swerve then by all means, throw her under the prison.

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to this issue. That cover is wicked! This issue looks to be picking things up. I’m really liking the autobiography take on this. It actually takes a second to read the book. Tony would want to write his own book so others didn’t screwup the telling of his legacy. Flashing back to Armor Wars days is always good. Bring on next Wednesday.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-09-2023 at 01:53 PM.

Old school Iron Man!

Old school Iron Man!
    I have to have that variant with the original Iron Man on it. Now that is old school.

I don't like that he calls himself a "futurist". He's a scientist or inventor, not a futurist. Futurists in the business world are grifting anglerfish, which is why you only see Stark calling himself that from Civil War forward, once writers started to demonize him. Futurist has no place in flashback. Actually, futurist has no place in Iron Man period, but it especially has no place in flashbacks from before Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't like that he calls himself a "futurist". He's a scientist or inventor, not a futurist. Futurists in the business world are grifting anglerfish, which is why you only see Stark calling himself that from Civil War forward, once writers started to demonize him. Futurist has no place in flashback. Actually, futurist has no place in Iron Man period, but it especially has no place in flashbacks from before Civil War.
    Tony himself had often stated that he built and looked towards the future long before Civil War. That’s what his tech was built for. He’s always been a futurist. It just wasn’t always called that. He’s both a scientist and a futurist. He can ALWAYS intuit the future. Why can’t he be both?! I’ve meet futurist and Tony Stark is one. He just also happens to be an engineer and a scientist.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-10-2023 at 09:08 PM.

I don't see a problem with him being a futurist, depending on the execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I have to have that variant with the original Iron Man on it. Now that is old school.
    Me too! I love the first armor and Bagley’s art takes it over the top. I just hope my LCS gets it or I’ll be hunting it down on eBay.

Shouldn't Tony be preparing to go after the gov't for using/modifying his tech? I mean he usually gets pretty pissed when he finds out other people are using his tech and usually does something about it.

And he should really find out about this gov't program set up to stop him if he goes rogue.

I don't see a problem with him being a futurist, depending on the execution.
    I agree too. If Tony is super-genius and an inventor then he has to be a futurist. He would have to think about the shape of the world and what the future holds.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Shouldn't Tony be preparing to go after the gov't for using/modifying his tech? I mean he usually gets pretty pissed when he finds out other people are using his tech and usually does something about it.

And he should really find out about this gov't program set up to stop him if he goes rogue.
    Armor Wars III? I'd be up for that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.