Page 39 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

It might still be fun...

I'm sick of stupid versus garbage. What I want to see from Iron Man is more like this:

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I'm sick of stupid versus garbage. What I want to see from Iron Man is more like this:
    I Am Iron Man #3 was a really good issue. Best of the series so far.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Here ya go
    https://twitter.com/FraMobArt/status...87720136646656

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I Am Iron Man #3 was a really good issue. Best of the series so far.
    Indeed . . . I'd like to see more of this all around.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fanart of Tony Stark and The Mandarin running into each other at a Sin-Cong bar just before the events that turn Tony Stark into Iron Man.

Fanart of Tony Stark and The Mandarin running into each other at a Sin-Cong bar just before the events that turn Tony Stark into Iron Man.
    Something I can see Matt Fraction having wrote...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would have been interesting.

I know it's just the first issue but Tony looks good in the new Avengers book. No one is hating on him and he had a good chat with Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I know it's just the first issue but Tony looks good in the new Avengers book. No one is hating on him and he had a good chat with Carol.
    Mackay gets Tony pretty well from what I've read.

This is a very rare gripe of Fractions run for me, but I didn’t care for how he wrote the Mandarins backstory in the Iron Man annual of his run. Thought he changed too much of it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

It's not just that he changed it, but that he changed it in a way that made The Mandarin a thinner, more one-dimensional character. The original origin by Stan Lee was like a cross between Black Mask, X-23, and Christopher Columbus. An aristocrat raised by an abusive aunt to be her super-soldier who then becomes a wandering explorer and colonizer. That's an origin as easily extrapolated upon as Doom's to make a layered character. Whereas Fraction's is just a simple mustache-twirler. I hope some writer comes along and re-retcons it back to Stan Lee's origin. It's just an origin with far more narrative possibilities.

It's not just that he changed it, but that he changed it in a way that made The Mandarin a thinner, more one-dimensional character. The original origin by Stan Lee was like a cross between Black Mask, X-23, and Christopher Columbus. An aristocrat raised by an abusive aunt to be her super-soldier who then becomes a wandering explorer and colonizer. That's an origin as easily extrapolated upon as Doom's to make a layered character. Whereas Fraction's is just a simple mustache-twirler. I hope some writer comes along and re-retcons it back to Stan Lee's origin. It's just an origin with far more narrative possibilities.
    In total agreement with you. Your 100% right.

Mackay gets Tony pretty well from what I've read.
    Indeed. Given his Iron Man Annual from the Infinite Destinies saga and the Iron Cat mini with Black Cat . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. Given his Iron Man Annual from the Infinite Destinies saga and the Iron Cat mini with Black Cat . . .
    Yeah. He's been writing Tony extremely well in the times he's had him. I'm hoping it continues as I am loving Avengers so far.