Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Season Two has yet to be surpassed (IMHO):

I!

I AM!

I! AM! IRON MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Iron Man issue #2 review

spoilers:
    Stark seems to think that Zhong Wei having a large block of Stark Unlimited stock makes it immune to takeover, but that really wouldn't stop a bearhug. Perhaps Feilong is too impatient for a bearhug? He certainly has the money for one, but you've gotta wait for the the betrayal of fiduciary responsibility lawsuits to start flowing in for that to work.

The poison both made Stark appear drunk, and caused him heart problems. If Stark weren't in a genetically modified new body I can't help but suspect it would have killed him. It's a really vicious way to attack him: give him a poison that makes him appear drunk, then causes a fatal heart attack. It's a way of laughing at both of Stark's older weaknesses while you kill him. There's a giddy cruelty to it. It gives me a queasy feeling thinking about it. I like it.

It seems like some lookalike framed Stark for kidnapping Living Laser and experimenting on him. So again we have mockery, this time of Stark's mad scientist tendencies, here exaggerated into outright villainy. Stark's often had mad scientist tendencies, but always in the service of fighting death. Here that tendency is exaggerated into Mengele behaviors.

Yeah, the villain, most likely Feilong, is mocking everything about Stark: his alcoholism, his heart problems, his mad scientist tendencies. Like Morgoth turning elves into orcs, he's making Stark into a caricature of himself.

What's left to mock? Stark's seeming immunity to grief, and Stark's fractious relationship with his "friends". That probably comes next.
    end of spoilers
    That's actually a very intriguing way of looking at the overarching theme or motif that seems to be at work here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    New Iron Man Hall of Armor with threezero's Mark & DLX figurine.
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...-7-dlx-figure/
    Nice. Steep price tag but nice.

Tony’s on the new Avengers roster!!! Sounds like it’s going to be a great ride. Aaron’s run is coming to an end.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

And we know Jed can write a solid Tony .

I just read the 2ndissue. I don't know who has it worse, Iron Man or Black Panther.

The level of frakkery for both characters is just out of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah he does write a solid Tony. I'm really ecstatic about this team coming into Avengers. Love the plans they have from the very beginning.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-22-2023 at 12:14 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Tony’s on the new Avengers roster!!! Sounds like it’s going to be a great ride. Aaron’s run is coming to an end.
    Yeah he does write a solid Tony. I really ecstatic about this team coming in to Avengers. Love the plans the have from the very beginning.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I just read the 2ndissue. I don't know who has it worse, Iron Man or Black Panther.

The level of frakkery for both characters is just out of this world.
    Yeah?

Amazing Member

Infinity War (What If Style - Tony Stark): https://www.reddit.com/r/Avengers/co...le_tony_stark/

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

Yeah?
    Yup. Tony pretty much has hit bottom. Broke, no company and framed to look like a bum.

T'Challa is no longer king, his own gov't is against him and no one trusts him.

The good thing is that they're both going to be in the new Avengers line-up where hopefully the stuff going on in the solos will be ignored.

Yup. Tony pretty much has hit bottom. Broke, no company and framed to look like a bum.

T'Challa is no longer king, his own gov't is against him and no one trusts him.

The good thing is that they're both going to be in the new Avengers line-up where hopefully the stuff going on in the solos will be ignored.
    At least in Tony's case, it's explicitly (or implicitly) stated to be the work of a villain trying to break him down before finishing him off. That said, given that Jed MacKay has done good work with Tony in the past, I'm hoping that continues in his Avengers run --- and yeah, cosigning you on T'Challa, too. Speaking of, since we are talking about them both, what did you think of T'Challa's guest appearances in Iron Man: Armored Adventures? Me, personally, I thought it was an interesting touch to parallel them in terms of both being extremely intelligent young men in advanced suits of armor driven to avenge the deaths of their fathers.

At least in Tony's case, it's explicitly (or implicitly) stated to be the work of a villain trying to break him down before finishing him off. That said, given that Jed MacKay has done good work with Tony in the past, I'm hoping that continues in his Avengers run --- and yeah, cosigning you on T'Challa, too. Speaking of, since we are talking about them both, what did you think of T'Challa's guest appearances in Iron Man: Armored Adventures? Me, personally, I thought it was an interesting touch to parallel them in terms of both being extremely intelligent young men in advanced suits of armor driven to avenge the deaths of their fathers.
    Black Panthers appearances in Armored Adventures were phenomenal. They really got T’Challa and what he was going through with his fathers death which as you stated was mimicked in Tony as well. The way BP fought was on point with how he fought in the comics. Tony and T’Challa had a deep respect for each other and it was well shown. IMO there were very few things Armored Adventures got wrong.

Black Panthers appearances in Armored Adventures were phenomenal. They really got T’Challa and what he was going through with his fathers death which as you stated was mimicked in Tony as well. The way BP fought was on point with how he fought in the comics. Tony and T’Challa had a deep respect for each other and it was well shown. IMO there were very few things Armored Adventures got wrong.
    Indeed. Say what you will about making it basically a "high school A/U" version of Iron Man after the "Teen Tony" situation in the 90s comics, but they made it work and work very well.

Despite having different personalities, Tony and T'Challa have a lot in common.

Both can be headstrong, they both are great leaders, they think that they always know the best way to handle any situation and are very protective of their tech.

Despite having different personalities, Tony and T'Challa have a lot in common.

Both can be headstrong, they both are great leaders, they think that they always know the best way to handle any situation and are very protective of their tech.
    I was a bit bummed their relationship never improved much over the course of Black Panther's Quest (the cartoon).

I was a bit bummed their relationship never improved much over the course of Black Panther's Quest (the cartoon).
    Yeah, they agreed to work together more at the end of Avengers:Redzone but I guess no other writers expanded on it more than a cursory mention.