Page 7 of 87 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Read the 2 Duggan issues

Uh nothing much to say, its fairly lethargic.

I wasn't around for the martini days, but I kinda wanna see those times when Tony was in a private jet and he was romancing a super model or beautiful executive. Those times seem funner. Like not have Tony drink of course, but maybe just have him feel more zesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, they agreed to work together more at the end of Avengers:Redzone but I guess no other writers expanded on it more than a cursory mention.
    I know. They even agreed to share more information and tech with each other. Even signed an agreement. I really enjoyed Geoff Johns Avengers run.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-25-2023 at 08:42 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Read the 2 Duggan issues

Uh nothing much to say, its fairly lethargic.

I wasn't around for the martini days, but I kinda wanna see those times when Tony was in a private jet and he was romancing a super model or beautiful executive. Those times seem funner. Like not have Tony drink of course, but maybe just have him feel more zesty.
    Those times never really existed. His origin mentions him being a playboy, but that's literally just an opening panel. Once his origin happens, he is often pining that he dare not return the affections of women, because he could die at any moment from his heart problems, and leave them grieving. Sometimes that gets ignored, but only so he can be a serial monogamist with various love-interests. That brings us to his alcoholism period, when he obviously gets off all martini's by the end, and during which period he has yet another monogamist relationship. Dave and Bob's second run had a toned-down bit of playboy moments, but that run wasn't really that long, and was more about things like Armor Wars and him being shot.

So Tony Stark the partying playboy is really something of a myth. He's had canonically far fewer women than George Costanza.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Those times never really existed. His origin mentions him being a playboy, but that's literally just an opening panel. Once his origin happens, he is often pining that he dare not return the affections of women, because he could die at any moment from his heart problems, and leave them grieving. Sometimes that gets ignored, but only so he can be a serial monogamist with various love-interests. That brings us to his alcoholism period, when he obviously gets off all martini's by the end, and during which period he has yet another monogamist relationship. Dave and Bob's second run had a toned-down bit of playboy moments, but that run wasn't really that long, and was more about things like Armor Wars and him being shot.

So Tony Stark the partying playboy is really something of a myth. He's had canonically far fewer women than George Costanza.
    I've read books from the 90's were he's dating a few different women in each book So I don't think it's a myth as some writers just use it more.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Despite having different personalities, Tony and T'Challa have a lot in common.

Both can be headstrong, they both are great leaders, they think that they always know the best way to handle any situation and are very protective of their tech.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was a bit bummed their relationship never improved much over the course of Black Panther's Quest (the cartoon).
    Yeah, it was good in a lot of ways, but on that front, at least, it could have been better.

Yeah, they agreed to work together more at the end of Avengers:Redzone but I guess no other writers expanded on it more than a cursory mention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I know. They even agreed to share more information and tech with each other. They even signed an agreement. I really enjoyed Geoff Johns Avengers run.
    I really do have to get into that more at some point, especially for T'Challa putting his bare hands on the Red Skull.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

Interesting how popular or common knowledge doesn't always correspond to what's actually been on the pages.

I've read books from the 90's were he's dating a few different women in each book So I don't think it's a myth as some writers just use it more.
    Kind of reminds me of Spider-Man/Peter Parker, in that sense, that for all some people wax nostalgic about the amount of love interests they had and were juggling back in the day, deep down, they're both pretty lonely people who long for genuine love and connection with the people they get close to, but for varying reasons related to their senses of responsibility and/or guilt, they sometimes end up pulling back from those connections.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Really should read some of the old stuff, shame they don't keep Armor Wars or Demon in a Bottle in stock

Though Tony did have more chutzpah back then right?

Really should read some of the old stuff, shame they don't keep Armor Wars or Demon in a Bottle in stock

Though Tony did have more chutzpah back then right?
    They usually have Demon in a Bottle and Armor Wars in print. Try the epic collections of Iron Man.

They usually have Demon in a Bottle and Armor Wars in print. Try the epic collections of Iron Man.
    Armor Wars is available in Epic format. Demon in a Bottle is not (yet) but there’s a trade that appears to be fairly evergreen covering that storyline.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I checked and those trades are generally out of stock so they are either way too expensive or don't qualify for return copies if one is delivered to you damaged

Marvel ain't restocking their Iron Man

I checked and those trades are generally out of stock so they are either way too expensive or don't qualify for return copies if one is delivered to you damaged

Marvel ain't restocking their Iron Man
    Have you tried looking for Iron Man by Matt Fraction or Iron Man: Director of SHIELD by the Knaufs?

If you can find them make sure to get 'em.

I know. They even agreed to share more information and tech with each other. They even signed an agreement. I really enjoyed Geoff Johns Avengers run.
    That run from Geoff Johns certainly had it's moments. A personal favorite would be when Tony found out who T'Challa contacted for help...

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-25-2023 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    That run from Geoff Johns certainly had it's moments. A personal favorite would be when Tony found out who T'Challa contacted for help...

This was great story telling. They bump heads a lot here, but ended up better friends in the end.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-25-2023 at 08:49 AM.

More details for I Am Iron Man #1.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-ce...-second-title/

Looks like quite the treat for IM fans .

That angel lady villain looks...rockin' .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like quite the treat for IM fans .

That angel lady villain looks...rockin' .
    I know! I am so digging the art. It’s absolutely stunning.