Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1558
    Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Guess I'm bowing out then. Those were my picks.
    I think there will be enough room and characters to make multiple X-Titles work, we will have the full history of mutants to choose from to fill these potential books, shape the mutant “problem” in our own AOM way.

Your team may not look like someone else’s team and they may have different issues and enemies, and maybe they intertwine and share aspects and maybe they don’t, but there is a lot of story to tell with mutants, especially starting from scratch in a new world.

————

Idea:

We lock in the plotters that want to participate in the initial launch.
    They decide whether the wish to plot 2 titles or just 1 title to start off with, that should give us the number of titles we will have at launch.

Then we go through and let each title’s plotter in turn, pick the name of their title and it’s main character (or team “leader, first member” if it’s a team book)

After that, we take turns drafting the rest of the rosters/creators in draft format, 2 selections per day per title. 1 pick before noon per title, 2nd pick (or both 1st and 2nd if missed early cutoff) before midnight EST (UTC-5) until we have full rosters and creative teams.

That is similar to the initial AOM creation. This gives a pretty fair shot for everyone to build the kind of books they want from the wide base of Marvel properties throughout its history.

————

Eventually we can expand and give rewards for reaching certain goals, granting roster bonuses, new titles, etc.

Here are the two titles I'm interested in plotting:

Title: Black Panther: King of Wakanda(solo series)
    Plotter: Marvell2100
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Location: Wakanda, various locations around the globe and some off planet
    Concept: Socio-political action thriller with sci-fi elements
    Starring: T'Challa - Black Panther
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

Title: The Invincible Iron Man(solo series)
    Plotter: Marvell2100
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Location: Silicon Valley, various locations around the globe and some off planet
    Concept: Hi-tech action thriller with sci-fi elements
    Starring: Tony Stark - Iron Man
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

I edited out the creative teams until we begin drafting.

Ok, so here is the idea, still need to decide on a few things and we’ll start a new thread for it when we’re ready to roll.
    Feedback welcomed.

This is just DRAFT form, for you to review and give feedback.
    We first need to get a number of how many plotters we have and if they are interested in 1 or 2 titles.

———
    Title:
    Plotter:
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Starring:
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

Title:
    Plotter:
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Starring:
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

Title:
    Plotter:
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Starring:
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

Title:
    Plotter:
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Starring:
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

Title:
    Plotter:
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Starring:
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

Title:
    Plotter:
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Starring:
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

Title:
    Plotter:
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Starring:
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

Title:
    Plotter:
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Starring:
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

Title:
    Plotter:
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Starring:
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

Title:
    Plotter:
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Starring:
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

Title:
    Plotter:
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Starring:
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

Title:
    Plotter:
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Starring:
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

Title:
    Plotter:
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Starring:
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

Title:
    Plotter:
    Writer:
    Artist:
    Starring:
    Supporting Cast:
    Antagonists:

Ok, so the order goes (the initial round was randomly selected by, then second round in reverse order of first )

So please, in that order, post in this thread and tell us (A) The Name of your Title; (B) whether it is a solo series or team book and; (C) The Main character or Team Leader /First Team Member (if it is a team book obviously) until we have filled in that data for all the titles.

After we have filled in the titles and main characters of each series, we will begin "drafting" the rest of our rosters. This is how that will work:

For solo titles, you will be allotted 11 additional roster spots for supporting characters and antagonists, divide those up as you see fit. When selecting, please indicate if that character is a supporting character or an antagonist. You do not have to use all the allotted spots but it may be wise to do so for personal relationship characters, the Aunt Mays of the world for example.

For team titles, you will be allotted 12 additional roster spots to be used for your main team, supporting cast and antagonists so divide those as you see fit. When selecting please indicate whether the selected character is intended to be a main team member, a supporting cast member or an antagonist. Again, not all roster spots need to be filled if you choose not to, but it may be in your interest to do so.

In addition to characters, you can at any time use your pick for the writer or artist of your choice that will be used for your title as we will also be drafting creative teams in this roster fulfillment draft. Unlike in previous AOMs, these creators (at least at initial launch) will be limited to one title only. So if you have a creator you really want to use, you may want to choose them early or risk missing out to another book.

Each plotter will be allowed to make 2 draft picks per day per title. So if you are plotting one book, you can make 2 picks each day. If you are plotting 2 titles, you will have 4 total picks each day, 2 per book you are plotting for.

Each plotter is allowed and encouraged to make one selection each day between midnight and noon EST (UTC-5) and a second selection (or both selections if you did not make one before noon) between noon-midnight EST (UTC-5)

If during this process, a new CBR member wishes to join in and participate, we may call for a pause to allow them to make their initial title name and main character selection, allowing them to start picking at that point along with the rest of us.

The Location and Concept information can be filled in at anytime, no draft pick needed. Please make it informative and succinct, sell the theme/concept of the book in as few words as possible.

———

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

That all sounds reasonable to my understanding. I think the hiccups won't start until we get underway, but I think it will work out well.

With that being said, I think I have Two titles in me. Team books if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    That all sounds reasonable to my understanding. I think the hiccups won't start until we get underway, but I think it will work out well.

With that being said, I think I have Two titles in me. Team books if that helps.
    Cool
    And you’re right, we will discover the hiccups when we hit them, and then improvise and adjust.

I’m (GH) down for 2
    Marvell2100 is officially down for 2
    Personamanx is down for 2
    Exciter is in for 2
    Lee Stone down for 2
    nX01a is down for 2

Who else is officially in?
    Sunofdarkchild ?
    Baneofkings ?

Bueller....Bueller

UPDATED FRIDAY 7 AM EST

You can wait and decide if your title is a solo or team before you make that first selection for that book as some plans may change along the way based on what someone else picked for instance.

Once we get a starting list of who all is in and then how many titles we will have, I’ll generate a random draft order for making those first selections.

My gut also at least at first is to limit the characters to one title to start out with. Which means we may need to wait a little while before forming an “Avengers” type team until after some characters are established in AOM, so continuity and storylines make sense. But I am open to other suggestions.

I’ll take 2.

Captain America, solo, Captain America (Steve Rogers)

Let me think a bit on #2.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I'll take 2, also.
    Most likely a Defenders title, led by Dr. Strange, and a related solo book.

The theme and overall feel of Defenders would be more or less drawn from the era from Five Fingered Hand until the end of New Defenders, as well as Stern's Dr. Strange of the '80s.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 10-04-2018 at 09:33 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Awesome

Lee’s in for two.

Waiting on official word from Bane, nX01a and Sun and anyone else that may be interested, if they want 1 or 2 books to start with, and make sure they will be available for the “draft” before we get this thing started.

———
    Ok AOM Rebirth Team,

Let’s discuss roster slots.

At first the idea is to only use the characters we have initially selected in to our universe, as we are establishing a new world/continuity. So if a character isn’t selected for a main spot, supporting role or antagonist slot then they are not going to be available. At least not at first. So choose wisely who you pick. Example: If you are doing Spider-Man series and you don’t have Aunt May as a supporting cast member then you shouldn’t be writing Aunt May in to your solicits.

That being said, I want to give everyone enough room to fill out their books without overdoing it. We should also be mindful not to take away highly sought after characters for lesser roles, that’s at your own discretion of course but just a courtesy to other plotters in this shared universe. Example: Doing a Spider-Man series and selecting Thor as a supporting cast member. Thor could stand out on his own or as a main team star as opposed to being backdrop to Spidey. Again this at your own discretion but please be mindful of others and not just gobble up all the biggest names just to do so. Make sense?

Initially I am thinking 12 total slots for solo books, a lucky 13 for team book

That would breakdown roughly as
    Solo: Star, 5 supporting, 6 baddies (can split up as you see fit, this is merely example)
    Team: 7 core members, 1 support, 5 baddies (can split up as see fit, just example)

Is that enough, too many?

Sounds good to me.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Also sales for August/September are up. Some weird numbers but understandable.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3944961

Ok so if you all are cool with it, we will set the roster limits at 12 total for solo books and 13 for team titles.

Next: What should we call this new AOM?

AOM Reborn, New Age of Marvels aka New AOM or NAoM, AOM 3.0 (or are we on 4), suggestions?

Also, waiting to hear from Bane, anyone seen him around?

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Ok so if you all are cool with it, we will set the roster limits at 12 total for solo books and 13 for team titles.

Next: What should we call this new AOM?

AOM Reborn, New AOM, AOM 3.0 (or are we on 4), suggestions?

Also, waiting to hear from Bane, anyone seen him around?
    AoM New Universe.

Those totals sound right to me.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Ultimate Age of Marvels 2099/1602.

Definitely in! I'm interested in doing books featuring the X-Men and the supernatural. There are more than enough characters to share, Sunofdarkchild.
    As a banner, perhaps AOM 2019? We don't have to do versions, just take it year by year. An overarching plot could run throughout the books for the year, culminating in an end of year crossover or AOM annual. That's thinking ahead a bit, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Definitely in! I'm interested in doing books featuring the X-Men and the supernatural. There are more than enough characters to share, Sunofdarkchild.
    As a banner, perhaps AOM 2019? We don't have to do versions, just take it year by year. An overarching plot could run throughout the books for the year, culminating in an end of year crossover or AOM annual. That's thinking ahead a bit, though.
    That’s a pretty solid idea.

I think and hope with roster limits and lesser # of titles, this will lend to more collaborating in general, and an easier way to keep track and share one universal continuity.
    If a title only has 3-4 baddies and wants to use another, they would then be encouraged to work with another plotter to use a villain from their roster or share in a storyline etc.