Page 48 of 104 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Well done, winners!

I was just looking at some trades I want to get when the idea struck me and left a nasty bruise... How about trade solicits every 6 months? Sell our collected arcs, etc.!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Well done, winners!

I was just looking at some trades I want to get when the idea struck me and left a nasty bruise... How about trade solicits every 6 months? Sell our collected arcs, etc.!
    Already in place. Check it out below.

Update: The pricing format has changed.

THE RULES!!!

Yes, we all hate rules but we gotta have 'em so here we go!

1. Regarding rosters, if you have a team book, you are allowed only a maximum of 7 active characters on your roster, no exceptions. Your supporting cast must be trimmed down to 4 active characters. Your villains cast can remain the same. All characters not active on your team or supporting cast will be placed on an exclusive Reserve Roster for your title. This allows for characters on your reserve Roster to be used for mini series and makes it easier to keep track of whose available upon request. Reserve characters can make guest appearances but if they become active members of your team then someone else will have to go to the Reserve Roster. This may not sit well with everyone but we're not going to have active characters languishing in limbo on a title. Either they are going to be used or placed on Reserve. I want this done before July's solicits.

2. All lines can only have a maximum of 13 ongoings and 1 mini series at any given time. There will no longer be a prize option of rewarding a new ongoing. The only way to get a new series is if you lose a title. Thirteen ongoings per line is more than enough titles. If you want to cancel a title on your own and start a new series, that may be an option but you're going to have to provide your Line Editor and EIC some compelling reasons to do so. This is not something that we're going to take lightly.

3. All solicits are due by the 29th of each month. I realize that we all have important things going on and that this is a recreational endeavor but it would help everyone greatly if we can have solicits turned in on time. If you are having any problems with your solicits, please inform your Line Editor in a timely manner and we can make accommodations. I will have solicits posted by the 3rd of the month. I hope that everyone doesn't think that I'm trying to take the fun out of this or be a hard ass, but as our last EIC can attest to, this can be stressful at times and I want to to make sure that we have a clear, streamlined process for what we want to accomplish and this will make it a fun process for everyone across the board.

4. Low selling titles. Any title that has had the lowest monthly sales at least 3 times during a calender year is up for cancellation. Our calender year will run from July to June. So during that span, the titles with the lowest sales at least 3 times will be cancelled. The line editors will accept proposals for new titles that will debut 2 months after the cancelled date so that we can update rosters. This rule does not apply to mini series.

5. To all you wonderful editors, when sending in solicits to your beloved EIC(me), kindly send them in groups of threes. It's easier for me to track what I have and not miss solicits when I post them. Also, all editors are required to participate in buying and voting. That's mandatory! Editors cannot vote for their own line. This is a rule highwayguy introduced in our last incarnation and I think it's good one.

6. Pricing range for our titles is as follows:
    All regular titles are 32 pages at $2.99 price. This includes miniseries as well.

Double-sized issues and Annuals will be $4.50 and between 60-64 pages.

Trade Paperbacks will be a maximum 6 issues of collected material and priced at $14.99

Premiere Hardcovers will be a maximum 6 issues worth of collected material plus 10 more pages of content of your choosing and priced at $19.99.

Graphic Novels(original stories in hardcover) will be 96 pages and priced at $19.99.

Omnibuses will be 20-30 issues of collected material plus 10 more pages of content of your choosing and priced at $69.99

7. Missing Solicits. Pay attention here because it's very important! If there is no advanced notice about a problem with a solicit, I'll give the first time a freebie. It will not be added to the monthly solicits but it won't count against the title as far as sales are concerned. However, there will only be one freebie. After that, it will count against that title. Moreover, if it is the same plotter and there are multiple incidents, I will pull the plug on the title, regardless of sales. What good does it do if we can't get titles out on time and it's not fair to the plotters that do meet the deadline. The only way to save that title is for the Line Editor to find someone reliable to takeover. If not, he can opt to accept pitches for a new title to replace the cancelled one. Also, the original plotter would have to have a convincing argument to be allowed to pitch a new title. Again, I'm not trying to be a hard ass or take the fun out this wonderful project but we do have to have some sort of rules in place.

8. When a title is cancelled, the characters will remain a part of that line. They can either be added to the reserve roster of another title in that line, be added to that title if there's room(Remember Rule No. 1) or a new ongoing can be pitched with those characters.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-10-2015 at 04:48 AM.

Coming This September!!!

ASSASSIN'S CREED: PRELUDE TO VENGEANCE!!!

Falcon and Nomad/Assassin's Creed: Syndicate!
    Black Panther: King of the Dead/Assassin's Creed: Rogue
    Daughters of the Dragon/Assassin's Creed: Black Flag
    New Agents of Atlas/Assassin's Creed: Unity
    Future Imperfect/Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy
    The Inhumans/Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines

This is just the beginning!!!

Guess Who's Coming To AOM

Afros Samurai Joins The Daughters of the Dragon!!
    But Is He Friend or Foe?
    The Answer Can Be Found Below....

HAIL HYDRA!!!
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-10-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Already in place. Check it out below.
    Update: The pricing format has changed.
    Noted.
    Also... Afro Samurai!!!!
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Noted.
    Also... Afro Samurai!!!!
    I had to have him! Foom loves this guy!

I had to have him! Foom loves this guy!
    Yeah, Afro Samurai is a fave of mine too, that's why he's my avatar. He would of been my pick for a future award. Great pick. I missed out on first Conan and now Afro Samurai, I better announce my ASSEMBLE LINE addition soon, before it's too late.

THE WARRIOR PRINCESS....IS HERE

XENA JOINS THE ASSEMBLE LINE IN SEPTEMBER!

AGE OF MARVELS VIDEO GAME MONTH

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN | HARRY POTTER
    DAREDEVIL | BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY
    X-FACTOR | GRAND THEFT AUTO V

SEPTEMBER 2015!

"We don't care about good or evil. We don't care if you're a king or a pauper. We have killed Presidents, Politicians and Priests. It is our mission to ensure that nothing interferes with the march of humanity. We are the Templar Knights, the Assassin's Creed. And we have come to Age of Marvels to spill blood!"

Assassin's Creed vs Age of Marvels!
    Starting September 2015.

Late addition to the AoM/Videogame challenge!

Shadowlanders
    VS
    Streets of Rage!

Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-15-2015 at 08:15 AM.

Attention Editors!!!!

Once again it's time to clean up the rosters page. I'll be going through and removing titles no longer in print, so to speak. I'll also be checking my PMs for roster changes sent to me that I haven't updated yet. So if there are any suspended titles that you are planning to use again, speak now or forever hold your peace or piece.

Congratulations to the Uncanny team!!! And to be fair since this was a unique situation, Exciter has been a part of the Uncanny Line for all of last year so he gets to share in the win by choosing two of the four options for the Global Line. Am I a generous guy or what?
    Well, as one of those rewards, I'm pleased to announce a limited series crossover between AOM Global and G.I. Joe! Get ready for...

Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Well, as one of those rewards, I'm pleased to announce a limited series crossover between AOM Global and G.I. Joe! Get ready for...

HYDRA vs COBRA? Whose side are you on?

HAIL HYDRA!!!!

or

COBRRAAAA!!!!!

Cast your vote! HYDRA OR COBRA?

Marvell2100: COBRAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-17-2015 at 07:32 AM.