Page 83 of 104 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1558

That certainly was some cool stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    I'll have to do some backtracking and try to find some original dates from the very beginning of AOM 1.0, one thing is for sure - AOM as a concept here on CBR dates back a ways, originally started by one of CBR's former (and best) moderators Mattbib. We have come a long ways, through 2 reboots I believe, and 4? EICs.
    I am happy to see the current version still going strong and continuing to surprise me with wonderfully creative stories that likely (coincidence or not) we will see in he real comics someday. At least that seems to be the pattern. It's chicken inside the egg inside the chicken and all, turtles all the way down.
    Keep it up AOMers!

I would love to work on some sort of "reunion" type stories, maybe find some of our former plotters, highwayguy! (his MI:13 was a smash hit) for instance, and do a "Legacy" type event. Remember Orson Randall, Master of Gun Fu; Howard Stark, Warlord of Mars; The Ass-Kickers of the Fantastic, and some of the really cool ideas of yesteryear? The League of Extraordinary Avengers was one I plotted and enjoyed thoroughly. Maybe bring some of the old good stuff back for a special month.
    Man if we could get some of our former geniuses back, it would be awesome!

June's Solicits are posted! Vote, buy, read and enjoy!

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

I am on the hunt now, even hired Dakota North Investigations to assist since she is quite familiar with the original AOM run.

As we stroll down AOM memory lane, help me remember our former contributors such as Highwayguy, WhitOro, Personamanx, Cyberhubbs, Rheged, etc.

I am on the hunt now, even hired Dakota North Investigations to assist since she is quite familiar with the original AOM run.

As we stroll down AOM memory lane, help me remember our former contributors such as Highwayguy, WhitOro, Personamanx, Cyberhubbs, Rheged, etc.
    cthuludrew too.

Yep, thanks and CaptCleghorn, SuperCooper, thwhtGuardian, lorec, Green Griffin

Some more memorable titles: Werewolf by Night & the Howling Commandos (a rock n roll band), Stabbity Jones the Sorceror Supreme! (Epic)

+ Luke Cage in the 25th Century, Justice & Firestar, Hank Pym the Scientist Supreme, Madripoor Knights (starring Wolverine & Psylocke), Dakota North Investigations, Molly Hayes the Princess of Power, a Fat Cobra solo...and that mindbendinly groovy one where Doc Strange ran a pub.

Then there ae full lines lost to the past such as Fanfare, Strange Tales and Marvel Extra.

We had that big spring/summer crossover with New Dawn where Thanos' love for Death extended to the DC/Gaiman version which naturally led to multiversal calamity saved by a more impressionable younger version of Thanos from the Hyborian Age, Lex Luther of all people and a ND/AOM collaboration of characters and plotters. That was a lot of fun and ended up with some characters stuck in the wrong universe.

Yep, thanks and CaptCleghorn, SuperCooper, thwhtGuardian

Some more memorable titles: Werewolf by Night & the Howling Commandos (a rock n roll band), Stabbity Jones the Sorceror Supreme! (Epic)

+ Luke Cage in the 25th Century, Justice & Firestar, Hank Pym the Scientist Supreme, Madripoor Knights (starring Wolverine & Psylocke), Dakota North Investigations, Molly Hayes the Princess of Power, a Fat Cobra solo...and that mindbendinly groovy one where Doc Strange ran a pub

We had that big spring/summer crossover with New Dawn where Thanos' love for Death extended to the DC/Gaiman version which naturally led to multiversal calamity saved by a more impressionable younger version of Thanos from the Hyborian Age, Lex Luther of all people and a ND/AOM collaboration of characters and plotters. That was a lot of fun and ended up with some characters stuck in the wrong universe.
    I wish we still had those stories round, good stuff. And the people, we had some very creative people in AoM/New Dawn and still do. I'm glad we're keeping AoM alive for the next generation of plotters who might want to get involved. And for those legends who might wish to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I wish we still had those stories round, good stuff. And the people, we had some very creative people in AoM/New Dawn and still do. I'm glad we're keeping AoM alive for the next generation of plotters who might want to get involved. And for those legends who might wish to return.
    I managed to save a scant few titles from before the last reboot (mostly stuff I was directly involved with) and posted them the wiki (link in bio). My fav that I did was Strange Tales, but I've got other stuff on there like the Cold-Blooded Lizard and Argonauts Assemble, but also GH's classic League of Extraordinary Avengers.

If anyone else has their old stuff saved, the wiki is a great place to preserve them!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I managed to save a scant few titles from before the last reboot (mostly stuff I was directly involved with) and posted them the wiki (link in bio). My fav that I did was Strange Tales, but I've got other stuff on there like the Cold-Blooded Lizard and Argonauts Assemble, but also GH's classic League of Extraordinary Avengers.

If anyone else has their old stuff saved, the wiki is a great place to preserve them!
    I am slowly discovering stuff in old emails (I also may have an old HD to dig through as well), piecing together some remnants from older AOM runs. I will try to post any goodies I uncover here and/or on the wiki, which is an awesome resource that I have been intending to help out I n the curation of.

I have put out some feelers to try to bring some of our former AOM All Stars back into the fold for a Legacy/Generations/Blast from the Past type of project. Hope to hear back from them. *fingers crossed*

I'm in. Thank you for including me. Let me know what would fit best and I will come up with something my mom would have stuck to the refrigerator with a good magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm in. Thank you for including me. Let me know what would fit best and I will come up with something my mom would have stuck to the refrigerator with a good magnet.
    Yay! CC is in. Welcome back my friend, glad to have you on board, the Halcyon Days are here again. There is a smiley face sticker in it for you too, no fridge worthy art should do without.

We haven't formalized what exactly this Legacy celebration will consist of or how it works just yet, but having some of our favorite former plotters like yourself participate will make it very cool indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post

Yeah, it's time I started working on that. I just added Black Panther #2 and #3. I'll try to do a little each week to get all of my solicits on there.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Hey CC! Glad you're giving it the old college try! Just tell us what you're interested in doing and we will set you up.

Some ideas:
    Older premises meet newer, or set in the AOM of today. Example: The Ass-Kickers of the Fantastic crash land on modern AOM NYC and run into our versions of Clint and Danny, Battlin Jack Murdock the hero of Ass Kickers world meets his son from another world, would be moving for Matty. Or maybe the homeless beach bum Silver Surfer and his drinking buddy Wolverine and daughter Squirrel Girl turn off the highway and find they are in some weird world where Buckies are protesting and Trump is president!?! Or maybe a current version of a character or team wakes up in AOM circa 2011 and the world of AOM as we remember it then. Just some ideas.
    Heck, just a new issue of an old series by the original creative team as it was would be pretty killer IMO, or one of our old plotters takes over their former character for a month, etc.

Obviously not fully ironed out yet but we have several cool ways we can go with this.

Some ideas:
    Older premises meet newer, or set in the AOM of today. Example: The Ass-Kickers of the Fantastic crash land on modern AOM NYC and run into our versions of Clint and Danny, Battlin Jack Murdock the hero of Ass Kickers world meets his son from another world, would be moving for Matty. Or maybe the homeless beach bum Silver Surfer and his drinking buddy Wolverine and daughter Squirrel Girl turn off the highway and find they are in some weird world where Buckies are protesting and Trump is president!?! Or maybe a current version of a character or team wakes up in AOM circa 2011 and the world of AOM as we remember it then. Just some ideas.
    Heck, just a new issue of an old series by the original creative team as it was would be pretty killer IMO, or one of our old plotters takes over their former character for a month, etc.

Obviously not fully ironed out yet but we have several cool ways we can go with this.
    Sounds good . Sort of like the Incursions, where universes collapsed and a few brave souls made it into this strange new universe.