Page 9 of 104 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

My apologies gang. November solicits will be posted tomorrow. I have a few things I need to tend to going on right now but I'll have everything up tomorrow.

UPDATE!!!!!

November solicits will be posted later this week! Stay tuned to the Bullpens page for more special announcements coming soon! I think you'll like what we have in store for AoM in the coming weeks!

And I'd like to give a hand to WhitOro who was the EIC of our sister publication, DCU:New Dawn! Whit' has decided to step down from his lofty position after taking New Dawn to new heights! Whit is also a co-editor and plotter over here at Age of Marvels and does a fine job of it over here too. So....let's all head over to the Fortress and toast a round to Whit and all the excellent work he's done at New Dawn and Age of Marvels!!!

The first round is free, after that it's coming out of your own pockets!

The best to you, Whit! You did an awesome job over at New Dawn, I remember being a plotter there in early days and it's come so far from there!

A couple of announcements from the KNIGHTS Line!

1. There's been a recent trade between the Knights line and the Assemble line...while we said goodbye to She-Hulk, we said hello to the original Power Man, LUKE CAGE! And we think Cage deserves a top spot for an A-lister like himself, which means it's time for an open casting call! If anyone has any ideas for Cage in the Knights line, which means nitty gritty, on the street adventures, drop me a line! You have until November 18th (two weeks!) to send in an outline for your Luke Cage book, including his potential supporting cast and antagonists! I look forward to seeing your work!

2. Having won a very close vote last month, the Knights line would like to announce its prize! While t-shirts and omnibuses are all well and good, we decided to choose to bring in a fictional character from primetime to add some computer genius flare to our street beats. Keep an eye on him, folks, as he'll be playing a major role in some upcoming storylines (including one so secret we dare not spill the beans...until we get some napkins first!). Ladies and gentleman, the Knights line would like to pick Person of Interest's person of interest, the maker of the Machine himself...HAROLD FINCH! And you better believe he'll have a target on his head!

Nice pick of Harold Finch, SC! I think he and Mr. Cage will be great acquisitions to the Knight's line.

Amazing Member Tornado Bus Driver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    The best to you, Whit! You did an awesome job over at New Dawn, I remember being a plotter there in early days and it's come so far from there!

1. There's been a recent trade between the Knights line and the Assemble line...while we said goodbye to She-Hulk, we said hello to the original Power Man, LUKE CAGE! And we think Cage deserves a top spot for an A-lister like himself, which means it's time for an open casting call! If anyone has any ideas for Cage in the Knights line, which means nitty gritty, on the street adventures, drop me a line! You have until November 18th (two weeks!) to send in an outline for your Luke Cage book, including his potential supporting cast and antagonists! I look forward to seeing your work!

2. Having won a very close vote last month, the Knights line would like to announce its prize! While t-shirts and omnibuses are all well and good, we decided to choose to bring in a fictional character from primetime to add some computer genius flare to our street beats. Keep an eye on him, folks, as he'll be playing a major role in some upcoming storylines (including one so secret we dare not spill the beans...until we get some napkins first!). Ladies and gentleman, the Knights line would like to pick Person of Interest's person of interest, the maker of the Machine himself...HAROLD FINCH! And you better believe he'll have a target on his head!
    Sending one now :P

Quote Originally Posted by shaggydoo View Post
    Nice pick of Harold Finch, SC! I think he and Mr. Cage will be great acquisitions to the Knight's line.
    Good choice SuperC! A fine addition to the AoM Knights Line. Just don't go wrecking our continuity with your crazy machine!

AoM business: To all editors, make sure any trades are approved by the EIC( Envious Intern Committee) before making any announcements. You're spoiling my plans!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Good choice SuperC! A fine addition to the AoM Knights Line. Just don't go wrecking our continuity with your crazy machine!

AoM business: To all editors, make sure any trades are approved by the EIC( Envious Intern Committee) before making any announcements. You're spoiling my plans!
    Haha we'll make sure continuity is kept nice and tidy....after we tear it all down and turn it on its head! Muhaha....ah what was I saying?

My apologies Marv! The proper channels shall be traversed next time! *buys Marv several drinks*

Ruler of Latveria

Hey guys, I had a quick question. How do I get fictional money for buying the comics? We aren't using real money are we? I am interested in some of the titles, and I wluld wish to buy them. Also, where/how would I read the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    Hey guys, I had a quick question. How do I get fictional money for buying the comics? We aren't using real money are we? I am interested in some of the titles, and I wluld wish to buy them. Also, where/how would I read the comics?
    Hello Doctor_Doom. Basically, you just pick the comics you want to buy. You aren't assigned a fictional amount to spend from, if you want to buy every comic, you can do that. These aren't actual stories, just the solicit for that book. Just like real solicits, it's designed to grab your interest so that you want to buy the book.

Ruler of Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by lorec View Post
    Hello Doctor_Doom. Basically, you just pick the comics you want to buy. You aren't assigned a fictional amount to spend from, if you want to buy every comic, you can do that. These aren't actual stories, just the solicit for that book. Just like real solicits, it's designed to grab your interest so that you want to buy the book.
    Thank you for clearing that up, I was just a little bit confused on how this all worked. Thank you for notifying me of this! Whenever the solicits are posted, I shall definitely take as many as I can! Shall they be posted here?

To add to lorec's description. The plotters have ongoing storylines, events and character development. You are generally given a brief yet intriguing and captivating synopsis of the current storyline in each solicit. There are promotional posts/pics as well as posts providing insight into the series. There is no commitment for anyone who just wants to view and/or select any of the titles or simply vote on the polls. The picks are tallied towards the end of the month and posted. The titles with the lowest sells over a period of time may be cancelled, so if you like some of the titles please post your picks.

You would post your picks on the actual solicitation thread for the month.
    Last edited by shaggydoo; 11-05-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    Thank you for clearing that up, I was just a little bit confused on how this all worked. Thank you for notifying me of this! Whenever the solicits are posted, I shall definitely take as many as I can! Shall they be posted here?
    The solicitation thread will be up soon! Thanks for the interest and glad to have you on board!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    The solicitation thread will be up soon! Thanks for the interest and glad to have you on board!
    Thanks guys and welcome to AoM Doctor_Doom! We sure have a lot of Dooms running around here, anyone tell mcgaffer?

Anyhoo, you're quite right Exciter, solicits will be up tomorrow and there will be more breaking news right here in the bullpen thread as well! So stay tuned and get ready!

My apologies Marv! The proper channels shall be traversed next time! *buys Marv several drinks*
    I echo what SuperCooper stated in regards to the trade.

Fantastic Member

It's all part of the plan!

You know, the one where everyone thought World War Doom just ended abruptly. It was as if someone successfully wiped everyone's memories and is letting everyone think this is the real universe, whilst in reality the war has been won and no one knows it.

All part of the plan.