Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Default Blade - Challenger of the Supernatural Appreciation 2023

d51c291cde2e3e291142f9c6b28eb3a9.jpg

Gonna take bit to get this rolling but I wanted to get up as many video excellent video tributes up because there are SO many of them!

OMG here's on from king vader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htuDowuJDoI

Gunship Dark all day for its cool blade sequence.
    "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ruvzfXQoE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ruvzfXQoE

I'll keep this rolling this year. Blade has momentum for the first time in a long time.

Feats:
    Blade Becomes the Sorcerer Supreme
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-blade-s...0with%20magic.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 01-08-2023 at 07:01 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Happy New Year to Blade and his fans !

Mighty Member

What are people's favorite Blade moments from the last year?

Tie for me between Blade taking out Apocalypse and Dracula in Dark Ages:

and his cool, calm depiction in Vampire State:

I've liked him in Midnight Suns too

so what's going on with Bloodline? is that out yet?

Blade needs a new solo ongoing series, with a focus beyond vampires. have Blade be the supernatural warrior who is heavily invested in using weapons and not casting spells to take out occult problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what's going on with Bloodline? is that out yet?

Blade needs a new solo ongoing series, with a focus beyond vampires. have Blade be the supernatural warrior who is heavily invested in using weapons and not casting spells to take out occult problems.
    I'm GLAD to find I'm not the only blade fan. I was getting worried when there was so little engagement with the post.

But Hypestlye you got it. I think that all people who care about this character understand that what he needs is a new role, and thats why I titled this thread "Challenger of the Supernatural".

Almost all the people who follow this guy know that he should be having much wider scope... "SUPERNATRUALLY" but marvel seems focused on other things... like introducing a legacy character (I feel immortals can do without that).

Still blade has had some of his best focus in YEARS last year and while I'm not gonna be supporting "bloodline" relate material there is still a lot to appreciate, like in 2020 when blade became the sorcerer supreme:

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-blade-s...20with%20magic.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.

Mighty Member

It's been a bit annoying that Blade has had a spike in appearances, but still it's very rare we see actual character work with him. It's better than him being completely absent like we was for a few years like between MI:13 and Mighty Avengers, but he clearly has aenough fans to warrant more than some background appearances. Midnight Suns is over this month, which has been the best book using him recently. He'll be in Bloodline starting in the second issue, then he's in a back-up story with Moon Knight in February...then he *might* be in Avengers but who knows.

Re: Bloodline, I still don't have an issue with her. Most of Blade's cast of characters has been killed off at this point or subtly retconned. Hannibal King lost his thirst for blood, and that's the last we saw from him (almost 20 years ago), Frank Drake hasn't be around since the 90s, but I think he was in a hospital? Blade and Morbius don't really interact. I'm cool with them bringing back Safron. Again the biggest issue is why Blade is perpetually a sidecharacter, especially when the last two Blade one-shots they've done have been pretty good. Like they've figured out a compelling formula for him in the vampire state for storylines. I also loved Aaron's depictions of his abilities. A great mix of magical weaponry/artifacts (breathing gun, boy-thing, hell-fire shotgun, silver nunchuks) and vampire powers (supernatural sense, turning into a bat, vampire bite, strength, speed) so he can face any threat. Mixing those together would make a great book.

Again the biggest issue is why Blade is perpetually a sidecharacter, especially when the last two Blade one-shots they've done have been pretty good. Like they've figured out a compelling formula for him in the vampire state for storylines. I also loved Aaron's depictions of his abilities. A great mix of magical weaponry/artifacts (breathing gun, boy-thing, hell-fire shotgun, silver nunchuks) and vampire powers (supernatural sense, turning into a bat, vampire bite, strength, speed) so he can face any threat. Mixing those together would make a great book.
    May I interject here for a moment? I agree with you. Blade is perpetually a side character which is why named this thread something other than "Daywalker" or "vampire hunter". No. He needs to have an expanded realm of enemy to reach bigger heights hes limited by his title in the way that Ironman or The Wolverine is not. Just by the limiting epithet in a way. That being said he appears in a comic about "Bloodline" instead of the other way around and frankly. Every single thing they give to that character is another thing they should have been heaping onto Blade outright as far as push goes. There is only so much space and if it was an issue of trying to expand his mythos primarily or give him more supporting characters it'd be really something, but... I don't believe thats the case. If she was a non-powered being, or if it was a blade book I really wouldn't be giving it the side eye, but... IMHO blade is in a loop and marvel really doesn't know what to do with him to make HIM a main character.

Mighty Member

Which is bizarre to me, as if he's a hjiquely challenging character when they've tried and failed like 8-9 different ghost rider solos, 4 different Elektra, a bunch of morbius, black knight, cable, etc. Have been tried and failed since Blade's last solo in 2006. Marvel, for whatever reason, doesn't seem content experimenting with him. I remember there was a Twitter thread with 3-4 different writers talking about times Marvel picked up their pitches for Blade and they never came out.

It's also why I was ok with Tim Seeley's book, because while it was clearly a father/daughter book, he expanded Blade exactly the way you're talking about. I remember his whole pitch was a Blade book with no vampires.

Mighty Member

Blade 2099 this May in that Spiderman event. Looks like he went back to being the Ronin.

Mighty Member

Blade in May

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    He's Right you know.
    That is CLASSIC.

Love the title of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Who is he talking to?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who is he talking to?
    Elsa Bloodstone, seems like.