Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Jubilee Appreciation 2023

Jubilee is one of the all-time greatest X-Men. I’m so looking forward to her return in X-Men ‘97. I’m really curious to find out who is voicing her. I hope she sounds just like Alyson Court.

I haven’t read the X books in a while. Does Jubes still have that kid?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Her new VO is Holly Chou

Yeah she recently reunited with Shogo. She's currently in X-Terminators which is ridiculously fun and she's amazing in it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Love Jubilee… in fact… just got a Jubilee forearm tattoo and will have the final touches done next month ��

Jubilee definitely still has her son Shogo- but as previously stated, she is starring in X-Terminators which has one final issue- I like how, despite being quite comical and goofy in the series… Jubilee is also shown as intelligent, competent on the battlefield, and creative with her powers. Issue 3 even has her charge the walls of this magical, impenetrable prison with her powers to make it even more explosive when Dazzler and Boom Boom blast it. Kinda similar to Gambit’s powers!

Also coming in March 2023, Jubilee stars in the X-Men/Unforgiven one-shot… where she teams up with her former vampire teammates on a mission.

And of course, she is starring in X-Men ‘97 come this fall- which has already been approved for two seasons on Disney Plus . Good things coming this year so far!

Happy New Year to Jubilee and all her poppin' fans! I hope she gets a good showing in 2023, in both the comics and the X-Men '97 show!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Here's hoping for a good year for Jubilee, hopefully X-Men 97 will put her back on the map in a big way.

YES! I’m really glad that someone had a chance to start this thread. I meant to do it but I’ve been flat out since the holidays.

A much-deserved appreciation thread for a wonderful character that even Captain America had to admit is awesome.

0A0CB3CA-F68E-4E6E-A03F-EAA8ACF9F3DA.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Is this for real or an early april fool's joke. Was looking to see if Scarlet Witch and Storm mini subscriptions were up , they arent, and saw X-men Unforgiven

10155_ful.jpg

I guess it's suppose to star Jubliee if real.

https://subscriptions.marvel.com/sto....asp?spid=1516
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Is this for real or an early april fool's joke. Was looking to see if Scarlet Witch and Storm mini subscriptions were up , they arent, and saw X-men Unforgiven

10155_ful.jpg

Yes indeed! Ex-vampire Jubilee joins the bloodsucking superheroes in March's X-Men: Unforgiven.

It's great seeing her grace that cover in her Krakoa era costume and fighting alongside her bud Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

10155_ful.jpg

It’s real, and I really hope it’s awesome. I also hope Laura gets involved.

Sometimes I wonder if all this switching plots back and forth between “gritty bubble-glam” and “bat-dark” is gonna give her character whiplash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yes indeed! Ex-vampire Jubilee joins the bloodsucking superheroes in March's X-Men: Unforgiven.

It's great seeing her grace that cover in her Krakoa era costume and fighting alongside her bud Logan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    It’s real, and I really hope it’s awesome. I also hope Laura gets involved.

Sometimes I wonder if all this switching plots back and forth between “gritty bubble-glam” and “bat-dark” is gonna give her character whiplash.
    Thanks i must have totally missed this article. lol.

I'm hoping it is fun as well, definitely planning on picking it up and it would be nice to see jubilee go into how she felt as a vampire now that she has been a mutant again for some time. it happened so fast it was never really addressed on a deep level i'm actually surprised the first 3 issues of x-terminators didn't even really go into it. I would expect more seriousness from Jubilee in this i mean i don't think it would be as mentally easy as "just stake me and i come back" even with resurrections.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The media loves her.

A Minor X-Man Gets an Atomic Bomb-Level Power-Up
    Jubilee amps her powers up to explosive, never-before-seen atom bomb levels as she and her teammates battle the Collector in X-Terminators #5.
    https://www.cbr.com/minor-x-man-jubi...bomb-power-up/

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The media loves her.

A Minor X-Man Gets an Atomic Bomb-Level Power-Up
    Jubilee amps her powers up to explosive, never-before-seen atom bomb levels as she and her teammates battle the Collector in X-Terminators #5.
    https://www.cbr.com/minor-x-man-jubi...bomb-power-up/
    Lol since when is Jubilee a ‘minor’ X-Man?! The character is a primary character in one of the most iconic cartoons, is coming back for the Disney+ sequel, has two limited series of her own, multiple action figures/statues/shirts/merchandise… has been in many video games, and in several of the franchise films.

Hilarious.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Lol since when is Jubilee a ‘minor’ X-Man?! The character is a primary character in one of the most iconic cartoons, is coming back for the Disney+ sequel, has two limited series of her own, multiple action figures/statues/shirts/merchandise… has been in many video games, and in several of the franchise films.

Hilarious.
    On the other hand she only had a minor role in the second X-men cartoon, didn't appear at all in the ill fated third, only has bit parts in the X-men movies (even getting her slightly bigger role in Apocalypse cut) and wasn't in any X-men video game past the 2000's (to be fair there have not been any notable X-men video games for 12 years now).

So while she certainly has value in pop culture associated with the X-men, it's all based on the 90's cartoon, which might not have as much stand alone value itself anymore, something which will be interesting to look at when the revival season comes around.
    Essentialy we will have to see if people actualy like the cartoon for itself or just the memes and nostalgia associated with it, which in turn might reflect on Jubilee herself.

Similar in the comics since the 2000's she was a frequent victim of being a well known character, but with few writers having any clue what to do with her. Which led to that weird attempt at making her relevant via becomming a vampire for a while.

Let's face it. Once upon a time she really was the "young face of the X-men" (the 90's), just like Kitty Pryde was before her (the 80's), only less successfull in "moving up" and since the comics begann to fall of the edge around the 2000's, her chances to do so diminished further.

Also there is a difference between being well known and expected to appear and being well LIKED.

True she is not a "minor" X-men to a wider audience, for that she is far too well known, but she is not an important one either. She is just the kid from the cartoon people are weirdly nostalgic about because there hasn't been a new major X-men cartoon in 15 (if we take out WATX for being cut short it could be argued 19) years.

Btw. X-men: TAS is also likely the reason her comic version is seldomly allowed to permanently make full use of her power. Because the comic version is not what most people remember, it's the cartoon. It's the spectre her character can seemingly never escape from (since no other version replaced it) and since the cartoon only featured her doing "weak fireworks", that's what people will likely default to again over the years again.

BANNED

Just curious, because I am not super big into the character but have a certain opinion on the subject:

As Jubilee fans, do yall like and/or want the status quo of her as a mom with a baby?