Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Scott and Cassie Lang: Ant-Man and Stinger Appreciation 2023

Nothing but love for the Dad/Daughter Duo. Hoping for great things for them in 2023 but feel in my gut that Marvel will ignore them.

All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Hoping 2023 will be AWESOME for...

Scott Lang: Ant-Man

Along with the rest of the supporting cast, especially The Lang Clan
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-05-2023 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Some dang good parenting from Scott in that one.

===================

Just some thoughts on my dream Ant-Man series.

Scott is a licensed P.I. in Miami. The series opens with Scott recovering a stolen 1998 Mclaren F1 worth nearly $20M dollars earning a 5% recovery fee of nearly a million dollars. With this in the bank he is able to move out of the ant hill and into a nice house. While he does take good paying jobs like insurance recovery...he also helps the little guy who can't pay. Think the old USA network show Burn Notice.

Scott is dating Darla Deering. It is difficult with her traveling for her career...but they make it work. When she is on the road they both focus on work...with Scott traveling to see her on occasion. When they are both in Miami they put in the time with each other.

Cassie is in school and part timing as Stinger. Both Scott and his ex-wife Peggy have made it clear that education is a priority. In addition to her academics Cassie is learning from both Scott (the shady side of things) and her step-father Blake (the law enforcement side of things)

Peggy and Blake are on better terms with Scott than previously. Peggy and Scott are co-parenting Cassie and Blake is Scott's sometime police contact. Scott has even helped the police to plant bugs in hard to get into criminal operations.

Kevin (Thunderstrike), his mom Marcie and step-father Bobby have moved to Miami to get out of NY due to all the super powered fights (WoTR was the last straw) and for a better tax environment. Marcie and Bobby keep something of a tight leash on Kevin after he ran off with an Asgardian war party and missed a bunch of school. Kevin's attitude/personality has grown since the AoTG and WoTR into more of a confident warrior from his earlier anger issues and his feelings of not living up to his father's legacy. Kevin and Cassie start dating and fall in love.

Most of the stories would be Scott doing his thing helping people, taking insurance recovery jobs and standard super hero stuff like fighting villains and dealing with AIM, Hydra, etc...There would also be guest appearances with other heroes. For example Scott and Mockingbird team up to take down a Hydra cell...but also have issues working together because Bobbi holds Scott betraying the Resistance during Secret Empire because Hydra held Cassie hostage against him.

There would also be 'interlude issues' that show the others having adventures. While in another city (Paris, Toronto, wherever...) Darla stops a bank robbery as Miss Thing. Cassie has a team up with her BFF Kate Bishop who is in town tracking down a bail jumper for a reward. Thunderstike...after a message in a dream form Skurge and Valkyrie in Valhalla...goes to the Nexus of All Realities in the Everglades to stop an invasion. This brings back Adam Mann from his limited series who actually was the child of a god and is now a powerful demi-god.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Happy New Year to the father/daughter Ant-duo fighting crime as the family business. For those of you who know me in the Young Avengers threads you know I'm a huge Cassie Lang fan! That extends to just about every Ant-fam member as well, especially Scott! Though it was short I enjoyed the World Hive storyline, especially Scott using the bugs to become a giant bug-Ultraman. I'm also really hyped for Quantumania this year. Probably the most hyped in been for the MCU yet! I wonder if Scott will try to propose to Hope during the movie, what would Hank's reaction be lol. I wanna see Scott and Cassie fight together so badly, the wait is killing me!

Chris0013, I really like your summary ideas for a Ant-Man series. Especially Scott and Mockingbird teaming up, and Cassie dating Thunderstike, I always thought he'd be a good Young Avenger. Here's to hoping we get to see more of Scott and the fam in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Nothing but love for the Dad/Daughter Duo. Hoping for great things for them in 2023 but feel in my gut that Marvel will ignore them.

Of course they will ignore them. Marvel ignores all of their little people. Scott and Cassie would be great in their own team book. There are characters that would make great supporting characters. Raz Malhotta Giant-Man, Roger Gocking the Porcupine, Janice Lincoln the Beetle, Darlin Deering Miss Thing, Voice, Magician, Hijacker, Machinesmith, Grizzly, Whirlwind just to name a ton of possible characters. I know Janice is engaged and part of the Lady Sinisters but we hardly see her or them anymore. Scott and Cassie could form a loose partnership with Janice and her gang. This would shoot straight to the top of my pull list.

Where is this from? Cassie has red hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where is this from? Cassie has red hair?

Thank you .

Lol Cassie's had so many different hair colors before she became a superhero. Blonde, brunette, and now red. Is there a goth Cassie out there too to complete her transformations. Also I must see a comic where Scott forces her to wear a snowmobile suit hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Lol Cassie's had so many different hair colors before she became a superhero. Blonde, brunette, and now red. Is there a goth Cassie out there too to complete her transformations. Also I must see a comic where Scott forces her to wear a snowmobile suit hahaha!
    The hidden unseen period of Cassie's life right after her dad died .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The hidden unseen period of Cassie's life right after her dad died .
    Peggy: "Cassie! Dinner is ready!"

Goth Cassie: "Conformist *****"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Peggy: "Cassie! Dinner is ready!"

Goth Cassie: "Conformist *****"
    Peggy seems like the sort of mom who would not let that slide...and I don't mean take away a cel phone or X-Box...if you take my meaning.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Of course they will ignore them. Marvel ignores all of their little people. Scott and Cassie would be great in their own team book. There are characters that would make great supporting characters. Raz Malhotta Giant-Man, Roger Gocking the Porcupine, Janice Lincoln the Beetle, Darlin Deering Miss Thing, Voice, Magician, Hijacker, Machinesmith, Grizzly, Whirlwind just to name a ton of possible characters. I know Janice is engaged and part of the Lady Sinisters but we hardly see her or them anymore. Scott and Cassie could form a loose partnership with Janice and her gang. This would shoot straight to the top of my pull list.
    Most of those would be great villains...but up their game from the how they were used comedicly in the previous Ant-Man series.

If Hank and Janet get their own colorized suits in Quantumania then I'm hoping for a Ant-Family Sentai/PR roll call complete with a rainbow explosion behind them. It would set the tone and I want to see the poses lol.

While on the topic, if Scott gets a new comic/mini this year do you think he'll upgrade his Ant-Man suit?