Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Vance Astrovik: JUSTICE Appreciation 2023...When's my boy coming back?

He used to be on top of the world. Ben Grimm's traveling companion, part of the great ensemble New Warriors, living his dream as an Avenger...then nothing. Last scene in some minor guest appearances in FF.

WHEN DO WE GET SOME SERIOUS JUSTICE CONTENT!!!!!

All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Extraordinary Member

Bumped for his appearance in X-Men Unlimited #112.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Finally back in an X-book!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    He needs to be in an Avengers book. Vance has never been an X-Man...and I hope he never is.

The context of his appearance is that it's a Firestar solo story, and Orchis, where she's currently undercover, have sent her after a rogue mutant - Justice. So he's not suddenly joined the X-Men, don't worry.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He's getting an action figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    He needs to be in an Avengers book. Vance has never been an X-Man...and I hope he never is.
    ^^^And that’s seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^And that’s seconded.
    ...and Thirded!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    It's a shame all the interesting stuff in the X-books happen in the made-for-smartphone issues with subpar art.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Same goes the A-books honestly. A good amount of Avengers Unlimited stuff was better than most of Aaron's run on the print Avengers book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If you think about it. As a character he's had a lot of appearances over the years. From the Things friend when he was a kid, to young adult as a Warrior and Avenger. And if you really push it, as an adult in Guardians of the galaxy.

He was probably my favourite warrior when I started reading comics. I really liked his blue glow when he used his powers. And I prefer the blue over the pink which gets used sometimes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    If you think about it. As a character he's had a lot of appearances over the years. From the Things friend when he was a kid, to young adult as a Warrior and Avenger. And if you really push it, as an adult in Guardians of the galaxy.

He was probably my favourite warrior when I started reading comics. I really liked his blue glow when he used his powers. And I prefer the blue over the pink which gets used sometimes.
    IIRC...the 'glow' of that is shown with telekinetics is just there for the audience. In story people just the the things the TKs are doing as objects floating and such.

IIRC...the 'glow' of that is shown with telekinetics is just there for the audience. In story people just the the things the TKs are doing as objects floating and such.
    ^^^I remember watching X-Men back in 2000 and being kinda bummed Jean didn’t get any cool effects for her TK. Same w. Magneto.

Yes I agree with you there.

I did notice that he changed from blue to pink after he killed his dad. Which I think signified a jump in his power level. At the time all the most powerful tk users had pink (Jean for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I remember watching X-Men back in 2000 and being kinda bummed Jean didn’t get any cool effects for her TK. Same w. Magneto.
    I know! Me too!

Even at the end of the X-Men Apocalypse movie, Jean still had no visible power effect.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!