Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

We currently have the updated version of her Punk aesthetic...elements of which I still don't care for but...it works. And then we have her edgy attitude as when she put Orbitch in his place at the GC meeting to discuss Xandra's recent death.
    Punk Storm is alive and thriving.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Interesting to see who this new villain will be and what they can do.

As a huge Storm fan, I see this flopping. What are they gonna tell us that we already don't know? No development in her character or her powers. No ma'am and no thanks!

Astonishing Member

I swear to god I’ve heard more people complaining about mutants all being racist in the past four years than I previously heard people actually acting like in-universe racism against mutants was an actual problem in the entire forty years before that, and I just find that super interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    We currently have the updated version of her Punk aesthetic...elements of which I still don't care for but...it works. And then we have her edgy attitude as when she put Orbitch in his place at the GC meeting to discuss Xandra's recent death.
    Punk Storm is alive and thriving.
    And with the return of Genesis on deck we're in for a fun ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Interesting to see who this new villain will be and what they can do.
    Yeah I'm very curious about this elemental villain.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

As a huge Storm fan I'm buying it because...I'm a huge Storm fan. And a Nocenti fan.
    If it flops or not (we won't know until its actually released) isn't a concern of mine because...none of its sales profits is going into my bank account. All I know is, whether 100 books are sold or 100,000...I will have my copies, in hand.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    As a huge Storm fan, I see this flopping. What are they gonna tell us that we already don't know? No development in her character or her powers. No ma'am and no thanks!
    On another note, you can sort of see them saying that she should've been classified as Omega level decades before Hickman came along.

Other than that, yeah I agree. While I don't necessarily see it flopping, I don't know what else they could really add to her.

But I will happily be shocked if that turns out to be the case.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I swear to god I’ve heard more people complaining about mutants all being racist in the past four years than I previously heard people actually acting like in-universe racism against mutants was an actual problem in the entire forty years before that, and I just find that super interesting.
    All of this.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    And with the return of Genesis on deck we're in for a fun ride.

Yeah I'm very curious about this elemental villain.
    So it's an elemental villain? They have to be someone that can master all of the elements if they're going to take on Storm.

Truth to tell, it would be interesting...If I actually cared about the detractors and their opinions. But seeing as how none of them are buying my comic books for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So it's an elemental villain? They have to be someone that can master all of the elements if they're going to take on Storm.
    That's the gist of it. And they'd have to be not only strong but just as cunning as she is for this to really push her. As we saw with Vulcan, you can have all the raw power in the world and still be a total pleb.

Id also want to point out that if this really an elemental vs elemental fight it should be the perfect chance to bolster Storm's immunity to the negative effects of the weather. Something that has been wishy-washy for a minute.

Astonishing Member

Truth to tell, it would be interesting...If I actually cared about the detractors and their opinions. But seeing as how none of them are buying my comic books for me...
    Oh it doesn’t impact my feelings about the comics or my enjoyment of it, just the recurring nature of the phenomenon is just the nails on a chalkboard equivalent of hearing people talk about reverse racism in real life as though it’s an actual thing and not just a fundamental failure to understand the basics of prejudice as a predisposed bias against an individual member of a larger group vs oppression as in leveraging systemic, institutionalized prejudicial bias against members of a marginalized group. But whatevs, another day, another new addition to the ignore list. I’ll win the world’s most annoying game of whack-a-mole and catch ‘em all eventually!

As a huge Storm fan I'm buying it because...I'm a huge Storm fan. And a Nocenti fan.
    If it flops or not (we won't know until its actually released) isn't a concern of mine because...none of its sales profits is going into my bank account. All I know is, whether 100 books are sold or 100,000...I will have my copies, in hand.
    Agreed. This being Nocenti's return to Marvel makes it extra special imo.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. This being Nocenti's return to Marvel makes it extra special imo.
    You must’ve missed her recent stories in Daredevil, Elektra, and X-Men Legends.

Oh it doesn’t impact my feelings about the comics or my enjoyment of it, just the recurring nature of the phenomenon is just the nails on a chalkboard equivalent of hearing people talk about reverse racism in real life as though it’s an actual thing and not just a fundamental failure to understand the basics of prejudice as a predisposed bias against an individual member of a larger group vs oppression as in leveraging systemic, institutionalized prejudicial bias against members of a marginalized group. But whatevs, another day, another new addition to the ignore list. I’ll win the world’s most annoying game of whack-a-mole and catch ‘em all eventually!
    Exactatiously. Et voila! No more nails on a chalkboard. Just the dulcet tones of good wholesome appreciation.