Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Kang the Conqueror Stories

What are the best stores with Kang the Conqueror from Ant man 3 do you recamend
    Last edited by fin5; 02-25-2023 at 04:24 PM.

Avengers Forever (1998-1999), especially issue #9.

Kang Dynasty. It and Avengers Forever are for me the best stories featuring Kang ever made.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Avengers Forever (1998-1999), especially issue #9.
    Good God, yes.

I wish someone would slap Aaron for calling his crap conclusion 'Avengers Forever'.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Good God, yes.

I wish someone would slap Aaron for calling his crap conclusion 'Avengers Forever'.
    Gotta renew the trademark SOMEHOW....

I recamend Avengers #129, 131 & 132, Giant-Size Avengers #2-4 and Avengers #141-143 by Steve Englehart.
    Last edited by Englehart Humperdinck; 02-26-2023 at 04:47 AM.

I've got a few more modern reccommendations:

1) ~2010's Avengers, vol.1 (Bendis\JRJR): an effortlessly exciting, self-contained tale of Kang vs Avengers
    2) ~2013's Uncanny Avengers, vol. 2-4 (Remender\Acuna\McNiven): Kang takes on the combined strength of Avengers\X-Men. A longer, more involved story that spans the breadth of the Marvel U. Strong character writing and fantastic art. Best read in context of Remender's previous work, but coherent without it, too.
    3) ~2016's Avengers, vol. 1 (Waid\Del Mundo): a trippy, sci-fi tale of Kang coming in guns blazing to erase the Avengers once and for all. Art is a showstopper, and Waid's love of the Marvel U oozes off the page.

The Once and Future Kang - Avengers Vol 1: #267-269 by Roger Stern, John Buscema and Tom Palmer. The Avengers are caught in a war between Kang and Immortus. This is where the Council of Kangs is first introduced.

Citizen Kang
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Citizen Kang
    I had forgotten about that one. A fun story. Captain America Annual 11, Thor Annual 17, Fantastic Four Annual 25, and Avengers Annual 21.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Kang Dynasty. It and Avengers Forever are for me the best stories featuring Kang ever made.
    The main problem with Kang Dynasty besides it lasting too long was it should have been a mega crossover. Here you have Kang conquering the world and literally destroying entire cities and it was only going on in the Avengers book. A story this big should have been the lead in EVERY Marvel book for months. I mean New York is taken over in Avengers and yet over in Spider-Man its just bussines as usual. That took me out of the event big time. and the fact that as soon it was over it was basically forgotten.

You can't do a world shattering mega story in a shared universe and not have it effecting everything.

Here’s another vote for Avengers Forever.

It really is the very best Kang and Immortus story. It also does a halfway decent job of actually cleaning up or, really, just clarifying the continuity. Stern and Busiek did the Space Phantom(s) right!

After that, I think the best Kang story is Englehart’s “Celestial Madonna” storyline, as Englehart Humperdinck mentioned. Those particular issues are quite pivotal for so much of what went before and after in the Avengers. There’s no Vision and Wanda without it. Like Avengers Forever, it tried to clean up a lot of the weirdness that went on before it and left it all wide open for more fun to come. Also, the issues I would include are Avengers 123 through 133, plus Giant-Size 3 and 4.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Good God, yes.

I agree.....that has been terrible. I only picked up a few issues of that and gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    What are the best stores with Kang the Conqueror from Ant man 3 do you recamend
    The Kang Dynasty

portrait_uncanny.jpg
    Last edited by dreyga2000; 02-27-2023 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The main problem with Kang Dynasty besides it lasting too long was it should have been a mega crossover. Here you have Kang conquering the world and literally destroying entire cities and it was only going on in the Avengers book. A story this big should have been the lead in EVERY Marvel book for months. I mean New York is taken over in Avengers and yet over in Spider-Man its just bussines as usual. That took me out of the event big time. and the fact that as soon it was over it was basically forgotten.

You can't do a world shattering mega story in a shared universe and not have it effecting everything.
    I’ll take a self-contained story every time. I don’t need no stinkin’ crossovers
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver