Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

If a writer has a good idea for them then yes.

Yes. With the X-Men rights back I think they could try an Inhumans title again without all the baggage that turned people off the last time. Not another massive fleet of titles; just try one book.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont recall anyone saying they are new to the world of Marvel. Just that they wanted to see some characters they enjoy being given another shot at a title or some guest appearances rather than being sent to the dust bin for the rest of time.

I dont understand how being given guest spots and several titles is not a chance. That is the very definition of a chance.
    How are they written in said guest spots? We have seen folks be listed to guest star and we don't see them or it's a one panel or background cameo.

Also what titles? Does no good to be in a book that nobody is buying or selling.

Being given books to see how they do in terms of sales and the wider world of Marvel comics.
    And that is a crapshoot because Marvel does not control how many of ANY books are ordered by a store.

Astonishing Member

I disliked the Inhumans when it was clear Disney wanted to supplant the X-Men since Fox owned the movie rights. However I admit the Inhuman books were actually enjoyable to read.

I can't see the Inhumans making a comeback until Disney wants to reintroduce the IP either on the big screen or Disney+. The failure of the TV show tainted the property and there's really no point in making new stories of the Inhumans unless they will be brought back to media in some format.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How are they written in said guest spots? We have seen folks be listed to guest star and we don't see them or it's a one panel or background cameo.

Also what titles? Does no good to be in a book that nobody is buying or selling.

And that is a crapshoot because Marvel does not control how many of ANY books are ordered by a store.
    Round the Fox deal Inhumans had multiple series with Inhuman characters literally in every book. They were ubiquitous but overall not well used. I think the behind the scenes stuff killed it. Matt Fraction was prepping for a big game of throne style series with a huge scope involving the Royals, Marvel decided to go in a different direction and replaced him not long before the book was supposed to launch and the rest of jumbled history. I fully believe we would’ve gotten something epic had he been allowed to continue.

At least we got the fantastic Black Bolt and Karnak series throughout that whole thing.

And I’ve said it before and I would shut up till it’s acknowledged but I think the whole Krakoa storyline would’ve been PERFECT for the Inhumans instead of the mutants. The advanced tech , the way they use their powers in concert with their land, and now even their views towards humanity are straight Inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Fans not buying the book does not change the fact that there have been several. The Inhumans have been given several chances. The fact that fans didnt bite doesnt change the fact Marvel tried.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    This is a stupid question. They weren't given a "first chance." They've been around since the 60's and one of the first Marvel characters created, created by Jack Kirby, and had multiple solos since the 70's and have always been a part of Marvel stories.

They had their story expanded and people were gaslighted to believe it was bad because they needed a scapegoat for being upset at something and Disney took advantage of the social media backlash.

Just because people think they "got one chance" doesn't mean it's true and it just continues social media toxicity.
    I've been following this thread but have not commented (or, being old, forgot if I have!)
    They've been around nearly as long as the X-Men, but were designed to be primarily guest stars or extra characters.

But like most things Marvel, they took on a life of their own. So I agree that the idea of 'chances' is sort of misleading or unintended.

I personally mostly liked and followed the Royal/Main family.
    I'm not against any other characters but I missed some of their most compelling storylines perhaps.

I favor the idea that the mains and to some degree the various colonies (even mixed with other/regular human DNA) are the better focus for them.
    They should be truly 'Inhuman', literally mostly evolved to be a separate type of humanity.
    They should have a far reaching culture or effect on other cultures, due to their incredible vast length of time as this separate humanity.

Even older then Atlantis, and therefore possibly having influenced it as well as surface cultures and races.
    There is still so much more that could be done with them, including focusing or having flashbacks to this ancient history.
    In Hickman's FF, the very much more ancient Atlanteans are so separated in time and space to the rest of humanity they could be carrying very long ago DNA of very ancient Inhuman types, maybe even an underwater form of terregenysis.

I mostly wonder this because of the ancient Atlanteans

very Inhuman appearances.

bye for now.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Very well, let's pretend for a moment that Marvel never tried to replace the X-Men with the Inhumans. And let's pretend that the TV series we got was just a booze-induced nightmare. Why shouldn't the Inhumans catch on?

I mean, what's not to like in a series about a monarchy based on eugenics, and with a caste system, and an open dislike for humans (for the record, I'm human), and whose culture looks like a cult, and a wife blindly subjected to every whim of his powerful and aloof husband, and a guy who can see the "flaw" of just anything, effectively being a living Deus-ex-machina? Some other vice I'm missing? Confederate flags, perhaps?

Yes, they got their chance. Several chances, in fact. Right after their creation. Marvel Knights. Many limited series in the 2000s. The big Inhumans push. Even a live-action TV series, and a recurring presence in the longest-lived MCU TV series! They failed to catch on at every one of those chances. So yes, at some point someone will figure out that the Inhumans are a horrible concept and they will NEVER catch on, so why even keep trying?

Astonishing Member

The same reason the series about a pack of inbred goth albino sociopaths and/or a collection of feudal warlord families who play games with millions of innocents got so popular?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    As much as I loved Paul Jenkins “refresh”, I think they should just go back to the royal family and gently reintroduce them (in FF, as suggested).
    Agreed totally. That's when they were most interesting. The Royal Family are by far the best characters.

Incredible Member

All of these people saying no. Really?! If you don't like them, don't buy their books. Some of us are actually fans and would like to have an opportunity to see them appear more.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    And I’ve said it before and I would shut up till it’s acknowledged but I think the whole Krakoa storyline would’ve been PERFECT for the Inhumans instead of the mutants. The advanced tech , the way they use their powers in concert with their land, and now even their views towards humanity are straight Inhuman.
    That's because the X-Men's Krakoa era is an inhuman's story with Disney's second most beloved IP, so very little backlash was given to them going in a completely unnatural, more inhumans, new direction for them.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The same reason the series about a pack of inbred goth albino sociopaths and/or a collection of feudal warlord families who play games with millions of innocents got so popular?
    The inhumans were never like the Game of Thrones books/series. The Inhumanity era was more akin to what they were and they copied it from the inhumans' story in Earth X when they made everyone on Earth inhumans and War of Kings, when they wanted to make everyone in the galaxy inhumans, and their first story was Maximus wanting to set off Terrigen on Earth.

They would more likely go to other empty planets like the X-Men did, but they would never dominate another species, which is was War of Kings was a weird take that lasted not very long.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Fans not buying the book does not change the fact that there have been several. The Inhumans have been given several chances. The fact that fans didnt bite doesnt change the fact Marvel tried.
    Inhumans are at a different level. They don't get silly chances. They get expansions of their story and have their stories told.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Very well, let's pretend for a moment that Marvel never tried to replace the X-Men with the Inhumans. And let's pretend that the TV series we got was just a booze-induced nightmare. Why shouldn't the Inhumans catch on?

I mean, what's not to like in a series about a monarchy based on eugenics, and with a caste system, and an open dislike for humans (for the record, I'm human), and whose culture looks like a cult, and a wife blindly subjected to every whim of his powerful and aloof husband, and a guy who can see the "flaw" of just anything, effectively being a living Deus-ex-machina? Some other vice I'm missing? Confederate flags, perhaps?

Yes, they got their chance. Several chances, in fact. Right after their creation. Marvel Knights. Many limited series in the 2000s. The big Inhumans push. Even a live-action TV series, and a recurring presence in the longest-lived MCU TV series! They failed to catch on at every one of those chances. So yes, at some point someone will figure out that the Inhumans are a horrible concept and they will NEVER catch on, so why even keep trying?
    This is why a lot of people don't take comics seriously, or comic fans, and view them as crap commercial merchandise for incels and people who have lost a notion of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    None of them are remotely near the superhero genre. The rules on what works and what doesn't are not the same.

By the way, the Inhumans can work... as villains. Just look at Dr. Doom. Everybody loves him for things that would be rejectable in a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    This is why a lot of people don't take comics seriously, or comic fans, and view them as crap commercial merchandise for incels and people who have lost a notion of reality.
    Yes, that's right. The idea that someone may like this eugenic society, use them in avatars and support their continuous publishing, surely looks baffling to outsiders

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Yes, that's right. The idea that someone may like this eugenic society, use them in avatars and support their continuous publishing, surely looks baffling to outsiders
    But eugenics was done to them they didn't do it on themselves?

I think you can make a compelling story looking at imperialism, colonialism, and slavery.

I mean the Kree did this to them and created them, they're humans who were "corrupted" by an imperial society.

An example of a story: a subjugated peoples rising up against their far off rulers, only wanting to be masters of their own destiny but continually being hounded by their oppressors who are looking for some celestial messiah.

But who knows, I'm just a dork thinking of ideas on the internet.

It was "done to them" the first time, right, but that was ages ago, in prehistory. Nowadays, they do this to themselves each time they get into that Terrigen mist.