Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite Non Force Users?

The Star Wars Universe is loaded with Force users and that is of course a huge part of the Star Wars Universe. Every show seems to be focused on them.

But who are some of you favorite Non Force Users and Why?

For me Tarkin tops my list. When I first saw Star Wars I was in awe of him right away. It helped that I love Peter Cushing. Even as a kid I loved his old horror movies when they were played on the late night creature feature. But here he was bossing around Vader and not scared of the man. He was without a doubt Da Man and to this day remains a favorite and I am glad they are going more with him like showing him in The Bad Batch.
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-23-2023 at 04:31 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Rex. Hands down. Might be my favorite SW character of all time.

Sabine Wren. Also, she's the best Mando character in the franchise, so she's 2 for 2.

Droids. In particular R2 and Chopper. The REAL heroes of the Rebellion.

Han Solo, Mando, Rex, Bo-Katan, Poe, Andor, Hera, Zeb, to name some honestly, I think I prefer stories with no Jedi or very few Jedi.

My favorite SW entries are the OG Trilogy, Andor, Rogue One, Mandalorian, Clone War (But episodes that focused on the Clones), & Rebels.

Also I really love Wrecker from Bad Batch. He is my favorite on the group. Omgea is pretty good as well.

Like you Jokerz I also enjoy stories with only a few Jedi or no Jedi. I enjoy the Jedi but I would rather stories that dont focus on them as much. Bad Batch and the OG trilogy. I know it had a lot to do with Lukes training but it had enough characters that it didnt feel like the Force was all they focused on.
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-23-2023 at 05:35 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Also I really love Wrecker from Bad Batch. He is my favorite on the group. Omgea is pretty good as well.

Like you Jokerz I also enjoy stories with only a few Jedi or no Jedi. I enjoy the Jedi but I would rather stories that dont focus on them as much. Bad Batch and the OG trilogy. I know it had a lot to do with Lukes training but it had enough characters that it didnt feel like the Force was all they focused on.
    Normally, kid characters get labeled as annoying. Omega is a good example of not being annoying, but still being a kid.

Han, Rex, Omega, and Wrecker (I do like the big oafs with bigger hearts trope) are my top non-Force users.

01. Han
    02. Wedge
    03. Poe
    04. Chewie
    05. Din
    06. Aphra
    07. Isard
    08. K-2SO
    09. HK-47
    10. 0-0-0/BT-1 (cheating here but Triple Zero gets the top billing)

I'm a fan of pilots, smugglers, complicated women, and homicidal droids. Virtuous bounty hunters and co-pilots are good, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I don't have a list, but I'm a big fan of Han, Lando, Din, Andor, Rex, Crosshair (he's a d-bag, but an entertaining one) and most droids that aren't BB-8, K2S0 and.....Lando's droid from Solo (I forget her name) especially. Love me a sassy droid!

And Chewie is just in a league of his own. When I found out he had a wife and family back home, but stayed with Han because of that life debt and friendship, it just broke my heart.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I dressed up as Lando more than once as a kid, and no, no black face was used. I just loved that cape man.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I dressed up as Lando more than once as a kid, and no, no black face was used. I just loved that cape man.
    Me, too. Lando has a great taste in fashion style.

Extraordinary Member

Mine would go…

1. Sabine Wren; she’s recently surpassed all the other Mandalorians by default since The Mandalorian Season 3 tried to white wash the culture and screwed over Din in doing so.

2. Legends Wedge; the X-Wing books were *good* to him.

3. Lando; cool, complex, and stylish.

4. OT + Legends Han; throw in his time fighting Zsinj in the Wraith Squadron books and being a father with at least two good kids and third who was still infinitely better than Ben Solo, and you’ve got the best Han. I actually like Solo, but it’s the sequel stuff that makes me care.

5. Din Djarin; Season 3 was a letdown because they refuse to educate him on how screwed up his mentors and peers were, but Seasons 1 and 2 are still great.

PS - Finn would be here if it weren’t for the Force reveal in TROS, and even though I think TROS is crap, I still weirdly think it’s good he was given the Force because TLJ illustrated the vulnerability of being a regular dude when a creator can use another character’s Force powers as an excuse to start replacing them. Finn in TFA was better than most of the movie characters - and I’d still argue that if you understand his TFA story, you know he’s in the running for bets single-film story - but it’s clear that a lot of LFL was annoyed at him being where they expected Kylo to be.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Finn gets an honorable mention from me too. I think he's actually got a really great character base and history. And he's Force sensitive so he doesn't fit the bill for this thread, but I'll also point out that he's damn near the only 'unaffiliated' Force user in the mythos, who hasn't expressed much interest of any kind of the Jedi, Sith, or anyone else. He doesn't even seem to have the standard 'may the Force be with you' admiration/respect for the Jedi that most Rebels do, post Yavin 4. And I find that really interesting. What Finn might do with his abilities in the future is something I'd really want to see.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Finn being more mature was one of the better parts of ROS. Kind of the opposite of Han in ROTJ-while he's obviously fully dedicated to the rebel cause in the film, he's kind of played more as comic relief which is kind of jarring after EMPIRE.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Cassian Andor. Probably one of the most interestingly flawed characters in Star Wars.

From thief to rebel to unsung hero who did what he had to do.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Tarkin is tops for me as well, as far as non-force users. Just a very interesting character, played by the legend Peter Cushing. Tarkin's rank of course suggests he is most accomplished to be so trusted with such an important task. And it's most interesting that Tarkin and some others live in this (Palpatine/Vader-created) alternate reality where the Force is seemingly thought a silly sorcerous superstition.

And even after Vader's force choke on Motti, you (as the viewer) never get a sense whether that moment changed Tarkin or Motti's views or what (maybe this wasn't their first exposure to the Force, who knows?).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-06-2023 at 01:44 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Tarkin is tops for me as well, as far as non-force users. Just a very interesting character, played by the legend Peter Cushing. Tarkin's rank of course suggests he is most accomplished to be so trusted with such an important task. And it's most interesting that Tarkin and some others live in this (Palpatine/Vader-created) alternate reality where the Force is seemingly thought a silly sorcerous superstition.

And even after Vader's force choke on Motti, you (as the viewer) never get a sense whether that moment changed Tarkin or Motti's views or what (maybe this wasn't their first exposure to the Force, who knows?).
    The Chill way Tarkin tells Vader to release Motti says that he has seen that kind of thing before. I mean in all of his years I am more than sure he saw the force being used many times (Wasnt he an officer in the Republic before The Empire?) Motti didnt believe in it though that may have changed after the Vader Choke Hold.

But Tarkin I am pretty sure has not only seen it but he believes in it as well. But in his mind there are no jedi left to worry about or in the case of the force users in The Empire like the Inquisitors or even Vader are kept on such a short leash by Palpy he doesnt worry about it.

So it is not that he doesnt believe in the force. He has just dismissed it as a threat.