Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yeah. It’s not about ego with Steve. He understands Carol and her mission statement.
    I know, right?! It isn't even the first time this has happened...

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I thought it was weird Carol claims that Sam is the down to earth guy when for years Steve was the more everyman guy in the Avengers at least.

Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

A million Carol's will never equal one Steve!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What a reach. Reed Richards is jealous.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Sounds like Sam is basically there to be Green Arrow.
    When Batman isn't around?

Peace

Steve will be alright.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Probably for the best if the writing is like that. Hijabi Carol, Secret invasion now this and The Marvels, Oh boy. How much character destruction are they gonna do

I think it would be VERY interesting to see Steve leading his own team, even more so if he's harboring any kind of resentment towards not being on Carol's team. It would be even more fun to see Tony and Carol, or anyone else, get upset if Steve uses the name 'Avengers' for his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Being the ultimate leader type, and the consumate Avengers leader, not everyone can deal with being a leader under Cap's shadow. Iron Man was always butting heads with him. Hawkeye had problems serving under him after being a leader himself (not that he didn't have trouble before). Luke Cage, while also greatly respecting Cap, sure didn't seem to want him around while he was leading his own Avengers his own way. I think Jan was the one that best handled leading the team with Cap serving under her. Thor also never seemed to be much bothered to having to lead Steve. I think it understandable that Carol didn't want him around, her own insecurities comparing herself with him, however, IMHO, it doesn't reflect well on her that she'd sort of voice those feelings. All in all, I think I'd rather have a different member than just another "Cap" she's more confortable with. Isn't she supposed to be "besties" with Jessica Drew, Spider-Woman?

Peace

PS. I think I always prefer having the Avengers led by Cp, but I'm also okay with him occasionally being away from the team, giving someone else the oportunity to shine.
    ^^^Upvote.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I think it would be VERY interesting to see Steve leading his own team, even more so if he's harboring any kind of resentment towards not being on Carol's team. It would be even more fun to see Tony and Carol, or anyone else, get upset if Steve uses the name 'Avengers' for his team.
    I don't think it's going to be a problem since Cap will be on Uncanny Avengers. Besides, we had Avengers and Avengers West Coast going on a the same time so it won't much of an issue.

Yeah, Steve and Rogue are already setting up a team - the book is indeed called Uncanny Avengers, but as in the previous volumes of that title, the team is actually called the Avengers Unity Squad.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Steve and Rogue are already setting up a team - the book is indeed called Uncanny Avengers, but as in the previous volumes of that title, the team is actually called the Avengers Unity Squad.
    And I have absolutely ZERO interest in that book. Really couldn't care less for the mutant side of Marvel nowadays. I'd rather Cap stayed in his own book, maybe leading a group of handpicked commandos, dealing with his own stuff.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    Yeah! After what Cap's been put through, I wouldn't blame him...

And I have absolutely ZERO interest in that book. Really couldn't care less for the mutant side of Marvel nowadays. I'd rather Cap stayed in his own book, maybe leading a group of handpicked commandos, dealing with his own stuff.

Peace
    ^^^Same.
    I just want a fun exciting Cap book, cuz the last one was neither of those.

I think I always prefer having the Avengers led by Cp, but I'm also okay with him occasionally being away from the team, giving someone else the oportunity to shine.
    Fine with me. Gives Cap the opportunity to make a dramatic entrance when needed...