Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gi Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    thanks for the info. i pre-ordered GI Joe just because i'm a fan of Chris Mooneyham and no regrets it's been a fun read. i've not been interested in Joe or Transformers comics since the 80's but feel like i slept on this Energon relaunch. Transformers i considered ordering just a a DWJ fan but for some reason i thought he was only writing and not drawing, Duke was probably my least favorite of the core Joes but even that looks pretty damn good. oh well at least i did pre-order Cobra Commander.
    Yeah I feel that way towards Duke. I don't hate him, he's just not that interesting a character to me (I loved what DDP did with him in their G.I. Joe: Reloaded series that was a massive shock) and any time they put him Snake-Eyes, and Scarlett in another stupid love triangle I'm already bored.

I hope Lady Jaye returns to the spotlight she is IMHO the best G.I. Joe hero, with Lowlight and Lifeline tied for second.

^^^Agreed. Lady J/Lady Jaye ain't takin' no lip, not even from Scarlett (LOL):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Yeah I feel that way towards Duke. I don't hate him, he's just not that interesting a character to me (I loved what DDP did with him in their G.I. Joe: Reloaded series that was a massive shock) and any time they put him Snake-Eyes, and Scarlett in another stupid love triangle I'm already bored.

I hope Lady Jaye returns to the spotlight she is IMHO the best G.I. Joe hero, with Lowlight and Lifeline tied for second.
    I've been a fan of Duke since the original series .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just like Lady Jaye, Lifeline, and Lowlight they were always more interesting characters in the original cartoon show.

Amazing Member

Duke was great. Still need to read Cobra Commander, but this was a whole lot better than his Flash run. Too bad it's just a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post

i only read the Marvel stuff on & off from like 1985-87 but loved the toys and cartoon. very much preferred Flint & Lady Jaye to Duke & Scarlett. i had a Low Light figure that i thought was cool but then i remember seeing an episode of the cartoon that made him a lot more interesting to me, can't remember why though.

i've actually been buying Joe figures again lately, at the discount stoes like ROSS, DD's, Burlington etc they've had a series of figures called "Classified" in stock. got the Cobra twins, Croc Master and Snake Eyes with Timber.

Extraordinary Member

I know Hama got some flack for the below post for being "whiny" or whatever but kind of wild to me that people just reach out to creators and ask for stuff for free...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I know Hama got some flack for the below post for being "whiny" or whatever but kind of wild to me that people just reach out to creators and ask for stuff for free...

I hope Larry Hama is doing okay.

Flint is my guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Flint is my guy.
    Flint is cool too .

Fantastic Member

I’d be quite alright with him taking over for a good long stint.

Flint is cool too .
    Yeah, especially the one that ends up with Lady Jaye

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-21-2024 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I hope Larry Hama is doing okay.
    I had no idea Larry Hama wasn't getting anything. This makes me sad and angry at once. The man is practically the Carl Barks for GI Joe.

He deserves better

Extraordinary Member

It's crazy that a 75-year-old person still has to work. That's insane to me.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.