Page 124 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2481
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Possible Huge Spoiler

Click Here
    How is this a "huge" spoiler?? People have been saying she should have been killed off soon as Penguin returned to Gotham mid season. Her entire presence is redundant and quite frankly makes cobblepot look inept if she's around any longer. Not to mention she's been quite the decisive character on the show, some people love the over the top camp, most, myself included find it to be cringeworthy and misplaced. Glad she's getting the boot.

BANNED

I loved Her Royal Hamminess. She fit right in to the tone of this show.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I loved Her Royal Hamminess. She fit right in to the tone of this show.
    Fish was a good embodiment of the show, harsh but still tongue-in-cheek. It's gritty and violent but with style and it serious but without taking itself too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by colossus34 View Post
    Not to mention she's been quite the decisive character on the show, some people love the over the top camp, most, myself included find it to be cringeworthy and misplaced.
    I love how people declare themselves to be "most" when they aren't in with the majority on this thread, in other threads, in Facebook groups or anything. But haters always think they're in with the most.

Exclamation Dollmaker: Ace of Casting

The last episode featuring the deranged villain the Dollmaker really made me think about how "Gotham" (Fox TV) is focusing on themes relevant to the modern age --- profiteerism, crime syndicates, mad science, etc.

As we know from the Batman comics, the Dollmaker makes 'dolls' out of the limbs and skin of his victims. This unusual psychopath reflects our anxieties about 'actualizing ambitions' and 'acting out' on our 'awe.'

So far, Colm Feore is very effective in this role.

Dollmaker (Wikipedia)

feore.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The producers said that Batman won't show up until the very end of the show, like the show's final episode and final scene, basically Gotham runs the time before Bruce's first night out as Batman...
    Then they can start a brand new show starring that batman....because an ending like that would be a pretty shitty ending....We all know that longer run shows get different producers that often change course throughout the show.
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Fish was a good embodiment of the show, harsh but still tongue-in-cheek. It's gritty and violent but with style and it serious but without taking itself too seriously.
    Couldn't agree more. It will be interesting to see what they do to fill the void next season.

There are obviously plenty of characters to work with, but it's always nice to start a new season with a fresh face and a new deadly scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom2099 View Post
    Then they can start a brand new show starring that batman....because an ending like that would be a pretty shitty ending....
    I don't expect to see Batman in this show, and I don't expect the show's timeline to ever approach that moment.

Maybe they'll end it with Bruce leaving Gotham.

That makes sense.

We all know that longer run shows get different producers that often change course throughout the show.
    Oh...You mean shows like the Simpsons, the Sopranos, Cheers, Mash, South Park, Wonder Years, or Six Feet Under?

Uh....wait, no that's not right.
    Last edited by ispacehead; 03-07-2015 at 11:55 AM.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Batman belongs strictly to the silver screen in live-action mode as long as he stays profitable, so I don't really understand anybody actually thinking there should be a show featuring him on television. Why have him in the minor leagues when he's already a major leaguer? IOW, Gotham's current path is the right one, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Exclamation Red Hood Grease

I think this show is now in a great position to hoist the Red Hood Gang in a position of serious importance.

That would be a great writing decision, since, as we know from the Batman (DC Comics) comics themselves that the Red Hood Gang is an iconic representation of the 'menacing criminality' of Gotham City.

Remember that in "The Killing Joke" (Alan Moore/Brian Bolland) storyboard, the penultimate maniacal Batman nemesis, the Joker, got his start working as a leader of the radical Red Hood Gang.

How much attention "Gotham" (Fox TV) gives to the young Jim Gordon investigating the activities of the Red Hood Gang will illuminate how the show presents the sort of 'vigilantism vertigo' representative of the 'urbanization seriousness' of the overall Dark Knight story-arc.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Anyone else thing that Oswald hair is getting WEIRDER?
    That is one odd hair style.
    Indeed I notice that too, I think they just need to pick one consistent hair style and stick with it!

Incredible Member

Is there a possibility that Fish could go out of town for some reason at the end of the season, then come back the middle of nex season recast?

Heck, anything's possible.

Considering that she's with Dulmacher now, he might give her a complete makeover, eliminating the need to keep Jada onboard while still utilizing the character.

I'm still hoping for a proper finish.

Oswald still owes her.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Abishai100 View Post
    I think this show is now in a great position to hoist the Red Hood Gang in a position of serious importance.

That would be a great writing decision, since, as we know from the Batman (DC Comics) comics themselves that the Red Hood Gang is an iconic representation of the 'menacing criminality' of Gotham City.

Remember that in "The Killing Joke" (Alan Moore/Brian Bolland) storyboard, the penultimate maniacal Batman nemesis, the Joker, got his start working as a leader of the radical Red Hood Gang.

How much attention "Gotham" (Fox TV) gives to the young Jim Gordon investigating the activities of the Red Hood Gang will illuminate how the show presents the sort of 'vigilantism vertigo' representative of the 'urbanization seriousness' of the overall Dark Knight story-arc.

HOW???? They are all dead. I guess a copycat....or the guy who picked up the hood at the end.
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

I wanted to bring up the last episode that aired, I believe called " Everyone has a cobblepot", I believe this was perhaps one of the first great episode's of Gotham. While the show has had good eps but bad ones too,this episode was the first IMO to have a good consistent tone throughout and the ep did not jump to many characters . i think this ep would be a good blue print for Gotham henceforth , I will say Bruce was barely present in this episode which is not to say his story has been bad but it just happened to be that way.

I hope Penguin kills off Fish in the Season 1 finale and Edward starts to turn bad (arrogance a plus!)

I like the show but I would love it more if in season two they fast forwarded like eight years in the future so we could have teenage cat, bat and ivy