Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Fantastic Member

Rachel and Kwannon

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Once again i wouldn't count the chicken before they hatch here.

This might come and go without leaving much of a mark, a trend that the character has experienced multiple time in the current "era".

Wouldn't mind being wrong here though.

As much as Marrow would be my prefered choice for a character to get some good moments and be a given a chance to shine, she isn't in any state to actualy "deserve" or fullfill such a push at the moment.

The character still has potential, but more in a "fixer upper" kind of way. Good bones so to speak (pun).

What she needs is a slow steady build up or perhaps even complete reconstruction in the backround until enough readers might actualy consider her valid enough to get upped to even B-rank. But since many of the currently well regarded writers seem to consider her a joke or downright disgrace, this seems unlikely.
    Unless some movie or cartoon suddently uses her in a great way and the comic department suddently tries to hurry her into prominence in the comics too.

So instead my pick would be Warpath.
    Yeah I would go w/ either or both of the Proudstar siblings. Hate how they made such a big deal of Thunderbird coming back only to forget about him for the last year.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 11-11-2023 at 01:12 AM.

Changeling
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I would go w/ either or both of the Proudstar siblings. Hate how they made such a big deal of Thunderbird coming back only to forget about him for the last year.
    At least he go a comeback. He always makes me think of St Elmo from that Alpha Flight special issue. Both died on there first missions but St Elmo never gets any love, in fact he has pretty much forgotten. Knowing that Stitch was on Krakoa makes me hopeful he was brought back by resurrection, but once again Thunderbird gets all the love. While St Elmo thought he was a god there were a few hints and theories over the years that he was actually a mutant.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I have three:

1) Banshee. After what they've put Sean through, he deserves to have an epic moment.

2) Thunderbird. Not much has been done since John's return, and would love to see him cut loose.

3) Lourdes Chantel. Hate that nothing really was done with her. Lourdes had an okay moment in the Gala, but it was rather lackluster, and largely repeated her death in Classic X-Men.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 11-13-2023 at 10:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Love Sean. Another good one to add to the list. Something needs to be done with him or why bring him back?

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Jubilee, she deserves it.
    Just gonna leave this here.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I miss Betsy Tencharacters.
    This too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I have three:

1) Banshee. After what they've put Sean through, he deserves to have an epic moment.

2) Thunderbird. Not much has been done since James' return, and would love to see him cut loose.

3) Lourdes Chantel. Hate that nothing really was done with her. Lourdes had an okay moment in the Gala, but it was rather lackluster, and largely repeated her death in Classic X-Men.
    I think that you mean John, James Proudstar also goes by Warpath...

Betsy and Northstar for me!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that you mean John, James Proudstar also goes by Warpath...
    Yes, that's who I meant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    The possibility of a reveal turning out to not be as good as it seems is always a concern about Lorna fans. A lot of the reason I've come off pessimistic and doubtful in the past is because I've been burned that way plenty since 2009.

X-Men Blue comes to mind. Lorna had been in limbo for almost 2 years when Marvel revealed her return in X-Men Blue with a cover paying homage to the famous X-Men #50 Steranko cover. Unfortunately, as the comic was about to release, it became clear that Bunn was more hyped to write Havok than Lorna. Then when the actual issues came out, Havok had way more going for him in them and more of a spotlight, while Lorna was introduced only as "daughter of Magneto" and her presence defined her exclusively in terms of being Havok's ex and Magneto's kid. The series made some improvements after complaints, but the X-Men Blue #28 cover made the underlying attitudes very clear as it had Magneto and Havok fighting over an unconscious Lorna like some kind of trophy.

I could name various other cases too, but I'd just be flogging a dead horse when I think that one example is good enough.

Several things make this case different enough to inspire hope. Duggan's already written 616 Lorna before, and when he has, it's been the best writing of her in over a decade. He actually considered her philosophical side in Devil's Reign. He also built up Lorna and Jean's relationship a bit after so many decades apart. This announcement feels different from so many past announcements too. Marvel made a bigger show of it, she's explicitly named in the synopsis and described as Krakoa's last hope in the announcement, top talent is working on it for one of their most important event-based minis. Her story involvement here will be to actually move things forward within the franchise as a character instead of a punching bag or plot device. It's a very different situation from a fleeting cover reveal at a con.

There's always the risk of things turning out bad. But this is a rare moment where it's safer to have some faith and get more excited.
    Yours is the most realistic take on the subject so far. The Polaris threads have given me keen insight into the Lorna-stans, being an Alex guy I wanted to understand the hate. There have been dozens and dozens of posts of how the X-office often will throw the Lorna fans a bone but nothing substantial over time. All it takes is one cover and now Lorna stans are opining which other character should get the Lorna treatment when we haven't seen the Lorna treatment yet. I remember when the much baleyhooed Alex and Lorna are coming back to X-Factor and did a whole lot of nothing. The wait and see approach is probably always for the best. The x-office can be fickle, Alex and Maddy got a nice treatment in Hellions, Dark Web and Dark X-Men all of which sold well, yet they aren't attached to any of the 2024 projects yet. There are a lot of characters that have fared far worse than Maddy, Lorna and Alex but considering Alex and Lorna's long history in the franchise you might expect they would be treated better.

Ultimate Member

Hoping that Alex and Maddy split upin the near future, Alex is often the forgotten or ignored member of the Summers clan, like when Corsair came to Earth to see teen Scott but ignored Alex and then Stryfes shield on the moon that zapped him.