Page 72 of 131 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1964
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Loki gets it the worst, he led the chitauri invasion of earth, betrayed Thor several times, and brought earth to thanos's attention, but he's good looking, broods a lot, and has daddy issues, so it's all fine. I personally blame Tumblr and video essays.
    Ohohoho yeah, Loki stans are the worst. Especially since he's a pretty white boy so he has the most ride or die fans.

Its telling that his show is the only D+ show to get a second season, entirely due to the massive fandom behind Hiddleston's portrayal of the character.

BANNED

Normally, any comic book adaptation movie/TV series that Marvel or DC creates is automatically on my "to-watch" list... Ironically, Loki didn't make that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    He was a hotep with a gym membership, a red haired stepchild with a chip on his shoulder. He had a girlfriend who he shot in the head and killed, but too many fans were caught up in their lust fueled fantasies to see it. We never even learned her name.
    To be fair, we didn't learn her name due to Behind the Scenes stuff. When the trailer dropped, the actress announced on Twitter she was playing Tilda Johnson aka Nightshade (which is why she's the one who poisons the coffee the museum worker dies from). That got scrapped due to Luke Cage Season 2.

MCU Killmonger to me is Magneto from the very first X-Men film. Suffers a traumatic event at a young age, spends rest of life believing they're getting back at their persecutors, when in actuality, they just want to be at the top of the pile of skulls. There's some depth, but the actors in both cases are putting a huge amount of work into them (and I think Coogler's a better director than a writer). The writing might be "deep" in comparison to the other MCU efforts with villains, but it's not really that dimensional when compared to other work. Both are clearly villains. People typically talk about Killmonger killing his girlfriend or choking the elder in the Heart-Shaped Herb garden, but even the way he taunts and torments the museum worker as she dies via poison speaks to his malice.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I know you do not like Coates but I've talked to many bp fans outside this firum.whp very much so enjoyed his writings of tchalla. also I don't think anyone would dare say his tchalla was worse than ridleys either.

so if my memory serves me correct, Coates picks up right after tchalla left his sister as the planet was going to be destroyed due to harmonic conversion, right? it seems to me after having to make such a decision he would have questions on if such a responsibility should lie to only him as King. not saying it was the best choice but I understand why he chose this path for tchalla.
    I have talked to people outside this forum to and guess what? The vast majority that say they like Coates run, haven't actually read anything before him. His run was their exposure to BP.

I have talked to a lot of people who have read BP before Coates and it ain't it. His run is just as bad as Ridley. The difference is that that Ridley didn't have as much buzz around him as coats and since he burned away all the goodwill, Ridley had Even less room for error (Which he butchered it) and Ewing has even less because of Ridley, and she has done better than Coates and Ridley.

As for your second part. No, Hickman left T'Challa having him sending off an Alpha flight to the stars with T'Challa saying Wakanda was going to pull humanity to space and ended on a very positive trend

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Anyway what are some things we hope Hill incorporates? Where do you hope to see T'Challa at the end of it?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I always appreciate the discorse. I think the end goal for the character is the same despite never agreeing on the path
    To be clear I do enjoy the back and forth with you. In a Skip Bayless/Shannon Sharpe kinda way. I have my opinion and I know that my very strong opinion is the opposite of you. Having said that I ultimately do want us all to see the character win in a way where its indisputable. Thats the hope. Thats the goal.

Just how we get there is where we differ sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Anyway what are some things we hope Hill incorporates? Where do you hope to see T'Challa at the end of it?
    Hm, as I’ve said before revamps to older Black Panther villains (preferably Madame Slay or Achebe), T’Challa and Okoye growing to genuinely love each other, and Ultimate T’Challa getting to join the avengers of 6160.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I have talked to people outside this forum to and guess what? The vast majority that say they like Coates run, haven't actually read anything before him. His run was their exposure to BP.

I have talked to a lot of people who have read BP before Coates and it ain't it. His run is just as bad as Ridley. The difference is that that Ridley didn't have as much buzz around him as coats and since he burned away all the goodwill, Ridley had Even less room for error (Which he butchered it) and Ewing has even less because of Ridley, and she has done better than Coates and Ridley.

As for your second part. No, Hickman left T'Challa having him sending off an Alpha flight to the stars with T'Challa saying Wakanda was going to pull humanity to space and ended on a very positive trend
    To play devils advocate then - would you recommend Coates run to someone who has never read BP before? (or maybe only read Hickmans take, for instance)

From there - they can go backwards to read better runs, but this is a good modern jumping on point?

Another question - how is Hudlins run?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so if my memory serves me correct, Coates picks up right after tchalla left his sister as the planet was going to be destroyed due to harmonic conversion, right? it seems to me after having to make such a decision he would have questions on if such a responsibility should lie to only him as King. not saying it was the best choice but I understand why he chose this path for tchalla.

This is the end of Secret Wars. T'Challa restored the universe right to the point of the beginning of New Avengers/Illuminati #1. This is before the Incursions began and Shuri is still alive.

This is from Ultimates #1 by Al Ewing. He picks up directly after where Hickman left off at the end of Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    To play devils advocate then - would you recommend Coates run to someone who has never read BP before? (or maybe only read Hickmans take, for instance)

From there - they can go backwards to read better runs, but this is a good modern jumping on point?

I would NEVER recommend Coates run to anyone. If someone had read Hickman's NS, I would tell them a Coates run ignored what he set up and completely undoes all the good he set up and the upward projection. I'd tell them read priest's run, or Hudlins for a bit more modern take, but they would need to Read those two first before reading any of the new stuff to get a good idea of who and what T'Challa is and is capable of doing. It's best to read good material first before the crappy stuff

I’d recommend it to for ur fire place if u have one to heat ur home & also great for litter box or over picking up any kind of animal waste. Those are best uses for anything Coates, Gay, Ridley or & Eve Ewing has done in regards to BP/Wakanda/etc.

Start Will Hudlin or CJP runs but read them both.

I would only recommend it if you can get the trades from a public library, or on hoopla or maybe overdrive.

Niffleheim

Coates' run is a good BP nonfan/opposition research
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough