Page 84 of 134 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1997

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Don’t forget, the villains also have to taunt Tosin and Folosade by saying things such as “where is Wakanda’s REAL protector?” Or “this child is supposed to be the future? Why did you fill his head with such nonsense?”
    Oh Believe me, Tosin's demise would be one of the most brutal ass whoopings the series has ever seen. Dude would be getting hella trolled and called out for his ego and stupidity as well as Folasade. These type os characters do not need ot exists in the franchise as their utter stupidity is rewarded with positions or panel time not deserved

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Positives from Ridley's run?

The only good thing about that arc was the art and covers.

Beyond that, it was a disaster.
    I guess that and that it was over quickly.

To start off giving BP a new superpowered Wakandan love interest from a different tribe than of the Panther & is Reinstated as High King/King of Kings of Wakandan.

The id reset the supporting cast ( with new Wakandan love interest, Shuri S’Yan, Zuri, QDJ, Okoye, QM, N'Gassi, Taku & W'Kabi)

Genocide & I mean Jeph Loeb ultimate level gencodie almost all if not all new characters from 2008 till now.. Mayberry, TNC, Gaye, Riley, Ewing & etc all of of those characters/concepts dieting in most painful & bloody ways possible.

Next we have BP & Shuri to lesser extent go get revenge for some of those fallen “fan fav characters” That was loved so much.

Next have BP Create A Wakandan superhero team to prevent genocide like this happening in in the future as branch of the military.

Zuri - runs the main army
    Shuri & QDJ - runs the superhero team
    S’Yan & Taku- runs the mecha/ war ship division
    Okoye - run the special forces ( DM & HZ)
    W’Kabi - is in the control center as BP right Hand.
    BP is over it all it still.

Next reestablished what Wakanda is supposed to look like no more Batman BS & we also cost the other lower kingdoms/tribes. With All dad establish to Charla now. 10 safely start a mission away of Wakandan. His 1st away mission would take him of course to NY or Cali where everyone usually is in marvel.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Don’t forget, the villains also have to taunt Tosin and Folosade by saying things such as “where is Wakanda’s REAL protector?” Or “this child is supposed to be the future? Why did you fill his head with such nonsense?”
    My version of his death start with him crying while be powerless & force to watch his dad/grandpa ( whoever that trash can elder was) & gf being murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Off to a very good start. Where did Eve and Ridley's 1st issue rank I wonder.

Let's see where #2 lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Off to a very good start. Where did Eve and Ridley's 1st issue rank I wonder.

Let's see where #2 lands.
    I am so ready to get the next issue on my Amazon comixology

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

From the latest Avengers issue 11, Thor is such a stand-up guy, all is forgiven for that uhhh....... yeah lets just forget about it. Water under the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    From the latest Avengers issue 11, Thor is such a stand-up guy, all is forgiven for that uhhh....... yeah lets just forget about it. Water under the bridge.

I love this

If Thor accepts T'Challa's apology any harder, BP will have a dislocated shoulder.

It's cool that Thor still recognizes T'Challa as a king and equal.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Positives from Ridley's run?

The only good thing about that arc was the art and covers.

Beyond that, it was a disaster.
    Largely agree here, though I did think his first issue was good. I thought at the time that it was a breath of fresh air compared to Coates and that Ridley was going back to a more Machiavellian T'Challa. I also was with Ridley's run until about issue six or so and that's when I started seeing the cracks. And it was downhill from there for the rest of the series. Now that I'm reading through Coates's run it even feels a bit dismissive for Ridley to have used Akili in that way. If nothing else, it might have worked to really make him the big bad over Jhai. If he had been the one missing and presumed dead, readers would already know that character and perhaps feel/understand T'Challa's loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    Largely agree here, though I did think his first issue was good. I thought at the time that it was a breath of fresh air compared to Coates and that Ridley was going back to a more Machiavellian T'Challa. I also was with Ridley's run until about issue six or so and that's when I started seeing the cracks. And it was downhill from there for the rest of the series. Now that I'm reading through Coates's run it even feels a bit dismissive for Ridley to have used Akili in that way. If nothing else, it might have worked to really make him the big bad over Jhai. If he had been the one missing and presumed dead, readers would already know that character and perhaps feel/understand T'Challa's loss.
    T'Challa loses his male supporting characters a lot.

Zuri
    M/Baku
    Akili
    W'Kabi
    Killmonger

They need to bring back Hunter but the title of White Wolf should be taken from him since he's pretty much an enemy of BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    Honestly that is why, while I am definitely feeling hopeful about Hill, I'm still waiting to see what he ends up doing because he had a strong #1 for sure, but now he needs to make sure the focus is on T'Challa and establishing who HE is and why he is capable of. And really for the last 8 years we continue to see his genius sidelined in his solo, i hope Hill doesn't do the same

What would I do if I were given Black Panther?

That's tough because my style of writing isn't really suitable for the character.

But I think I would take a page from Priest's book, and start clean: T'Challa is back on the throne, dealing with whatever major disaster Marvel just did an event for.

As a sop to the democracy crowd, day-to-day governance is the purview of a tribal parliament, while T'Challa's duties are primarily diplomatic and military (which often amount to the same thing in comics). That will free him up for Avengers stuff and random adventuring, without making him an absentee king.

First page, first panel: "Ulysses Klaw, for your crimes against Wakanda and her people, you are sentenced to life imprisonment in Kwalasha. May the Orisha have mercy on your souls"

And then, I would never use him again during my run, but after all is said and done, someone else could drag him out again if they wanted to.

As for stories... I'm thinking of globetrotting espionage. Perhaps someone is selling Wakandan tech on the black market, and T'Challa is working with the new White Wolf (Kasper Cole) and a reformed Hatut Zeraze to catch whoever is responsible. I'd also throw enough money at Peter Gillis to be able to use Malakia as the love interest.

But I'm not sure I could get more than a year's worth of stories out of the concept.

(Gasp) actual character work in Mackay's Avengers!?

I had totally forgotten Thor was in that "squad" that showed up in Ridley's run.

I guess the only one he hasn't made "peace" with is Steve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    T'Challa loses his male supporting characters a lot.

Zuri
    M/Baku
    Akili
    W'Kabi
    Killmonger

They need to bring back Hunter but the title of White Wolf should be taken from him since he's pretty much an enemy of BP.
    Maybe bring Kasper back?