Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131
Results 1,951 to 1,958 of 1958

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    You talking about Mshindo l. Kuumba?

Edit: beat me to it lol. I would take some art by the group who made Canon busters as well. Or at least the soundtrack because that was HOT
    I'd even settle for the guys behind Star Wars Visions: The Ronin & Afro Samurai (even if it means we have to cast SLJ as someone. )

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I dunno. The 80s cartoon were peak for me (Late 50's by the way). We had Transformers, G.I. Joe, Thundercats, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Blackstar, Dungeon and Dragons, Robotech, Thundar The Barbarian, Silverhawks, G-Force, Battle of the Planets, Voltron and The Smurfs.
    I agree, the 80s were peak in terms of cartoons.

Things were still good going into the 90s but the number of bangers started reducing.

I see you. Raise you some swat cats, freakazoid, x men, rocks modern life, ah real monsters, Gundam wing, DBZ, OG Digimon, Rurouni Kenshin, Static shock, Spiderman, Batman, Tails spin, and gargoyles. Also beast transformers
    Bro, we got Transformers: The Movie and G.I. Joe: The Movie in the 80s! We got Sgt. Slaughter! You can't beat that!

But, I will say one of the best anime movies of all time imo came out in the 90s: Ninja Scroll!

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I agree, the 80s were peak in terms of cartoons.

Things were still good going into the 90s but the number of bangers started reducing.
    One of my favorite animated TV shows from the 90s is Reboot!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'd even settle for the guys behind Star Wars Visions: The Ronin & Afro Samurai (even if it means we have to cast SLJ as someone. )
    The folks who did Afro were too tier, I would take either. Shoot cast him as S'yan since it's not the MCU. Hell throw Wesley snipes in there as well to give him a shout out for wanting to get BP back in the day.

Ultimate Member

I just miss when stuff had more substance outside of just comedy. You can have a kids show be both and be really good. Take Avatar the last Airbender. It has a good mix of silliness to complement the story and seriousness yet a kid AND adult can enjoy it and be entertained not just by the comedy, but the story and character development, as well as the absolutely stunning fight choreography.
    Well remember around 1994 laws in cartoons and kid shows changed. Depending on the network in question you had have X amount of educational content in the show.

Compare Saved by the Bell New Class season 1-2 versus 3-7, Hang Time, City Guys and One World-it's night and day. And some of those writers worked on Married With Children.

So as a result you saw a lot of shows like Darkwing, Garfield and Friends, Muppet Babies and others vanish. Get replaced with shows that had that educational content.

Some shows did a better job than others.

And a LOT of that depended on who you had as show runners.

A Dwayne McDuffie show NEVER preached. That was his rule-no preaching or talking down to the audience.

One thing we had in the 80s-90s a LOT of those shows shared the same folks behind the scenes.

And many only CARED about entertaining the viewer and nothing else. I have met guys who worked on Muppet Babies at cons and who admitted they CRIED when they got moved to others shows like JEM.

Mighty Member

Was Samurai Jack late 90's or early 00's? Tartakovsky does some really good stuff.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

with this vampire stuff about to happen, will T'Challa be getting help from Blade to reverse his condition? How about Dr. Voodoo?

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Was Samurai Jack late 90's or early 00's? Tartakovsky does some really good stuff.
    Samurai Jack premiered in 2001.