Page 83 of 131 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1959

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I prefer T'Challa with hair though (and not facial).
    T'Challa with a beard seems to be the new normal. Personally, I like him with or without facial hair.

I was only talking about the suit but the bald look grew on me and I’m indifferent to facial hair unless it’s that unkempt bum look he had under Coates. I will say that artist should take notes from the Avengers game and do something different with his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    T'Challa with a beard seems to be the new normal. Personally, I like him with or without facial hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I was only talking about the suit but the bald look grew on me and I’m indifferent to facial hair unless it’s that unkempt bum look he had under Coates. I will say that artist should take notes from the Avengers game and do something different with his hair.
    I like the look he has in Ultimate Black Panther.

I feel ya. I prefer he has both same with Thor, Nightrawler, Luke Cage & Colossus to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I think he looks best with a clean edge and clean shaved, or his current ultimate look with the nice edge with the beard

Screenshot_20240304-192156.jpg

So what would you do, if tomorrow you were given the reigns of a new Black Panther book? What would be 5 things you would do, or set about doing, on day 1?
    (You can retcon or outright ignore things that have happened in prior runs, just like any writer, but you can't just destroy or magically unmake it.)

What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    So what would you do, if tomorrow you were given the reigns of a new Black Panther book? What would be 5 things you would do, or set about doing, on day 1?
    (You can retcon or outright ignore things that have happened in prior runs, just like any writer, but you can't just destroy or magically unmake it.)

What do you do?
    heh.

like I'm telling you.

What do you do?
    Already doing my own fanfic.

The UN is voting on whether to declare Wakanda a rogue nation.
    Wakanda is on the brink of war.
    There is a Cabal, with a surprise member, that is plotting to destroy BP.
    The US gov't has a BP Kill Crew.

What do you do?
    1. Id set up a new Cabal, bringing back Old BP villains as a Baron Macabre, King cadaver, Madam Slay, and Solomon, Prey. With some new villains. They would start out by talking about how dangerous T'Challa is and after recent rumblings, the Wakandans (quite stupidly) exiled him from Wakanda.

2. This new Cabal would kill off nearly all the new pet OCs added in recent years. Tosin, buffalo soldier, the MA, Omolola, and eventually Folasade.

3. Standardize T'Challas base tool set, color coded, and generally used for specific types of situations or he isn't using force push against regular fodder and letting them punch him, it's used for class 100+ types or to augment his speed, jumping capabilities etc, or for crowd control

4. Mother (from Coates run) is a villain, an evil deity that wad trapped in the djala. She's the reason Wakandans are acting stupid and T'Challa seemed off these last several runs. This is who the new Cabal is following, she is pissed because She was sealed away by Bashenga and T'Challa is his descendant, she manipulated Shuri by giving her some of her power to help weaken the Djalia so she could escape it when T'Challa destroyed it

5. T'Challa is going to go through a complete redemption arc, realize some of the stupid stuff he has said (such as Coates retcon of joining the avengers to learn from them, begging storm for forgiveness etc) was due to this deity, and he is going to reestablish himself as the most dangerous & shrewdest man alive, a polymath genius and THE ultimate strategist
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 03-05-2024 at 07:27 AM.

What do you do?

In short
    1. The new democratic Republic of wakanda is running low on resources due to mismanagement and greed so they vote to expand their territory through aggression. Leading to global conflict and a potential World war allying with Atlantis and Latvertia.

2. Id use a lot of the side characters introduced to the last three runs As Leaders of attack Squads, and then the better side characters of past as secret allies of T'Challa inside Wakanda.

3 . Evil Wakanda on the brink of victory, T'Challa organizes a global counter attack. Bad side characters killed on various battlefields around the world, big bad pulling strings since the beginning of Coates run (end of secrect wars) is Doom, killmonger, or Namor. T'Challa solo's in final battle and saves the day, status quo of noble king restored.
    Last edited by Ekie; 03-05-2024 at 08:18 AM.

I was watching Black Comic Lords on Youtube where they were trying to put a positive spin on Ridley's BP run. I just smh. I don't see how they read what happened in the run and tried to justify it.

I saw Redjack pop in and give a few replies. Thank you sir.

So, Ewing's run ends, then we get the BP Blood Hunt mini. Her run ends in March, we skip April and BP's mini begins in May and ends in July. So will Marvel skip another month and relaunch a new BP solo in Sept? Or wait until early 2025 for a new series?

I wonder if anything out of Blood Hunt will lead to a change the current status quo?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I was watching Black Comic Lords on Youtube where they were trying to put a positive spin on Ridley's BP run. I just smh. I don't see how they read what happened in the run and tried to justify it.

So, Ewing's run ends, then we get the BP Blood Hunt mini. Her run ends in March, we skip April and BP's mini begins in May and ends in July. So will Marvel skip another month and relaunch a new BP solo in Sept? Or wait until early 2025 for a new series?

I wonder if anything out of Blood Hunt will lead to a change the current status quo?
    I'm hoping they wait until Wil Moss is no longer in charge. I don't care how long that is

And I'm not sure how the vampire story is going to fix anything in terms of the mess that's been made in wakanda let alone if this writer is even capable of doing

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I'm hoping they wait until Wil Moss is no longer in charge. I don't care how long that is

And I'm not sure how the vampire story is going to fix anything in terms of the mess that's been made in wakanda let alone if this writer is even capable of doing
    Maybe they use it as an opportunity to bring Bast back to purge BP of his vampirism and get him back on the throne.

But like you, I don't think they're going to do anything to fix the current mess with this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    1. Id set up a new Cabal, bringing back Old BP villains as a Baron Macabre, King cadaver, Madam Slay, and Solomon, Prey. With some new villains. They would start out by talking about how dangerous T'Challa is and after recent rumblings, the Wakandans (quite stupidly) exiled him from Wakanda.

2. This new Cabal would kill off nearly all the new pet OCs added in recent years. Tosin, buffalo soldier, the MA, Omolola, and eventually Folasade.

3. Standardize T'Challas base tool set, color coded, and generally used for specific types of situations or he isn't using force push against regular fodder and letting them punch him, it's used for class 100+ types or to augment his speed, jumping capabilities etc, or for crowd control

4. Mother (from Coates run) is a villain, an evil deity that wad trapped in the djala. She's the reason Wakandans are acting stupid and T'Challa seemed off these last several runs. This is who the new Cabal is following, she is pissed because She was sealed away by Bashenga and T'Challa is his descendant, she manipulated Shuri by giving her some of her power to help weaken the Djalia so she could escape it when T'Challa destroyed it

5. T'Challa is going to go through a complete redemption arc, realize some of the stupid stuff he has said (such as Coates retcon of joining the avengers to learn from them, begging storm for forgiveness etc) was due to this deity, and he is going to reestablish himself as the most dangerous & shrewdest man alive, a polymath genius and THE ultimate strategist
    Don’t forget, the villains also have to taunt Tosin and Folosade by saying things such as “where is Wakanda’s REAL protector?” Or “this child is supposed to be the future? Why did you fill his head with such nonsense?”
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Positives from Ridley's run?

The only good thing about that arc was the art and covers.

Beyond that, it was a disaster.
    Last edited by Username taken; 03-05-2024 at 10:52 AM.