Page 55 of 131 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Black Panther by German Peralta

Attachment 137663
    It's a real shame that German Peralta was the artist during the worst BP run of all time. His depiction of both T'Challa and the Stelfreeze Habit was personally one of the best.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...re-transformed
    Spinning directly out of the startling developments of Jed MacKay and Pepe Larraz’s BLOOD HUNT comes BLACK PANTHER: BLOOD HUNT, a three-issue event tie-in series written by Cheryl Lynn Eaton (MARVEL'S VOICES) and drawn by Farid Karami (VENOM: LETHAL PROTECTOR).

BLACK PANTHER: BLOOD HUNT sees the recently exiled T’Challa finally returning to Wakanda’s capital city. Only he now serves a different nation entirely: the vampire nation! One of the vampire’s first—but certainly not last—victims, T’Challa finds himself caught in a soul-crushing struggle between protecting his people from his new brothers and satisfying his new overpowering thirst for blood.

Threatening his legacy as king as well as his deep connection with the Panther God, T’Challa reluctantly embarks on a quest from the vampire overlord to find an ancient power. In the process, he’ll unearth long-buried secrets about Wakanda’s own secret history with creatures of the night as Eaton and Karami introduce new blood-sucking villains inspired by real African legend and mythology.

Niffleheim

He is no longer a King and there is nothing threatening his connection to the Panther God bc she is always absent. The only interesting thing is maybe the new creatures of the night might open up the idea of exploring him being a necromancer in supernatural stories
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Huh so Blood Hunt is getting mini tie-ins.

Wondering if it was going to get that.

If only T'Challa had a vibranium mesh suit that would protect him from vampire bites.

I wonder who turned him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If only T'Challa had a vibranium mesh suit that would protect him from vampire bites.

I wonder who turned him.
    You usually have to accept stupidities like how could X be turned when they have Y whenever superheroes do vampire or zombie stories (points at DC vs Vampires). The simplest is that Dracula or whoever the new overlord is probably made hitting the Avengers a priority and swamped them in bodies, or that Dracula took advantage of the political chaos in Wakanda to turn someone in the new government while they were busy wafting in their own farts

I'm sure that blade is going to have a long discussion with him.

Well he hasn’t been king since 2008 and he’s already the most hated person ever in Wakanda so I’m not sure how much more worse it can get.

It could be fun read but I don’t know much about the writer so I can’t say I’m excited in any way. I’m assuming he was bitten outside the habit, a damaged part of the habit or some creative way to get around it.

Cover goes hard.

Not sure I care about Vampire Brainwashed T'Challa though.

Incredible Member

This is a dope concept stop complaining

Meh at least we still have the ultimate universe. But new villains based on actual vampires from African folklores? Hopefully one of them is an Impundulu (aka Lightning Bird) or an Obayifo.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 02-12-2024 at 12:11 PM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

As noted the fact he's one of the characters to get an event mini is pretty cool.

Wonder who else is turning V.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    You usually have to accept stupidities like how could X be turned when they have Y whenever superheroes do vampire or zombie stories (points at DC vs Vampires). The simplest is that Dracula or whoever the new overlord is probably made hitting the Avengers a priority and swamped them in bodies, or that Dracula took advantage of the political chaos in Wakanda to turn someone in the new government while they were busy wafting in their own farts
    I guess so. Logic and precedent be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Well he hasn’t been king since 2008 and he’s already the most hated person ever in Wakanda so I’m not sure how much more worse it can get.

It could be fun read but I don’t know much about the writer so I can’t say I’m excited in any way. I’m assuming he was bitten outside the habit, a damaged part of the habit or some creative way to get around it.
    Don't say that. Remember, T'Challa broke his neck and died after falling in Age of Ultron.