Page 56 of 131 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

They really not wanting us to forget about 616 T’Challa now, huh?

Maybe they’ll use this vampire mini-series to rid the Book of a lot of Coates, Ridley’s and Eve’s pet characters. Full house cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post

Maybe they’ll use this vampire mini-series to rid the Book of a lot of Coates, Ridley’s and Eve’s pet characters. Full house cleaning.
    Oh well when you put it like that,
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Don't say that. Remember, T'Challa broke his neck and died after falling in Age of Ultron.
    In some fairness that event was overall just complete garbage. Everyone except like Wolverine was treated like crap there.

"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated series was my introduction to most of Marvel's super heroes, and Black Panther was my favorite character there. The chance to draw T'Challa as a vampire battling other vampires and some African mythological demons in such an epic yet dark tale has been a dream come true."
    It would seem that Farid Karami has an eye for greatness. Good for him.

Don't say that. Remember, T'Challa broke his neck and died after falling in Age of Ultron.
    Never forgot that. I was speaking about his reputation/legacy. His new vampire status can’t get his legacy/rep too much if they already despise him more than anyone else to the point Namor is a better choice to work with

Incredible Member

We will never forget 616 Tchalla he is THE MAIN Tchalla despite what’s been going on.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Never forgot that. I was speaking about his reputation/legacy. His new vampire status can’t get his legacy/rep too much if they already despise him more than anyone else to the point Namor is a better choice to work with
    All things considered its possible they'll just ignore that.

The fact this is an event book book presumably outside the BP office does help lend to that possibility of them just having fun with the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    This is a dope concept stop complaining
    It's a dope concept with a stupid catch to it. Which given how poorly 616 T'Challa is treated, more than warrants annoyance

Of all of the events over the last 3 decades that T'Challa has appeared in, had a mini or one-shot. there have only been two where he has had a good showing:

King In Black
    Empyre

Pessimism is a hard thing to break when you've been mired in mediocrity for so long. You literal have to look at another reality entirely to get a proper Black Panther. I really hope that Marvel learns a lesson from Ultimate BP and ends this decade-plus long run of stagnation for 616 Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's a dope concept with a stupid catch to it. Which given how poorly 616 T'Challa is treated, more than warrants annoyance
    What catch ?
    Bruh Turns into a vampire and kill other vampire bases on African
    Mythology that’s a dope concept

Mighty Member

Is this an else worlds type of a story? Is anyone out there a fan of Eaton's writing? I am not familiar with her or her work. Interesting that BP tends to get a lot of writers that do not have a lot of comic book writing experience.

We can only hope , only if I had chance to write the book. I’d open it up with a suicide Squad fail mission mass slaughter of each & everyone of those characters..

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Is this an else worlds type of a story? Is anyone out there a fan of Eaton's writing? I am not familiar with her or her work. Interesting that BP tends to get a lot of writers that do not have a lot of comic book writing experience.
    Eaton is the first and so far only black woman to every write a Batman story. She has also done some Milestone work. Along with Bitch Planet and has done Black Panther before for the Infinity books.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Its an event tie-in, thats what it says in the announcement. The upcoming event Blood Hunt is going to be about fighting vampires.

This story will be whats going on with T'Challa within that event story.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Eaton is the first and so far only black woman to every write a Batman story. She has also done some Milestone work. Along with Bitch Planet and has done Black Panther before for the Infinity books.
    Huh thats cool. What was the Batman story?
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 02-12-2024 at 04:48 PM.

Of all of the events over the last 3 decades that T'Challa has appeared in, had a mini or one-shot. there have only been two where he has had a good showing:

King In Black
    Empyre
    What about “See Wakanda and Die” during Secret Invasion? I thought that was great!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!