Page 120 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1989

Look, I am not even saying the story is bad. I have my complaints about somethings, but I am still interested in the story.

WHat I am not interested in is waiting 6 months go to, "oh wait it was a good story! yay finally!"

If your financial model is based on pre buying and pulling single issues... then you have to make each single issue worth the money.

And this isn't so far. It may be a great trade... but then I'll just wait til the trade lol?

I'll give Hill 5-6 (whenever we have an arc) and if I am not blown away, then i'll simply trade wait/Marvel Unlimted wait like every other book.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ture View Post
    With a fresh start, good artwork and potentially great storytelling... Whoa, this is disappointing. Ultimate Black Panther is three issues deep and Hill maintains the status-quo of T'Challa's truncated genius, absent skill set, reduced powers and negligible strategic capabilities. Not to mention the penchant for having T'Challa lectured on his privilege and lack of geopolitical understanding remains unabated and without purpose.

If Hill wanted a slow burn he wouldn't have killed T'Chaka in the first issue. He should have used these first three issues to world build on the mythology of Wakanda and the mystique of T'Challa the Black Panther; invested in the relationship of T'Challa and Okoye. Instead Hill creates some one and done lore that only Killmonger and Storm know. Makes Shuri a boss. Puts the Black Panther and the Dora Milaje in a sexless marriage and to add insult to injury Hill gives The Most Dangerous Man Alive a defective BP armor.

At this point whether in the 616 or Ultimate universe, just implement General Order 7. Have T'Challa leave earth and govern The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda, especially since its not being used anyway and spare T'Challa any further degradation. This will unburden all the BP characters of T'Challa's baggage, in effect freeing them up.

With T'Challa out of the way, the Shuri and Storm rule Wakanda ongoing can be released to great fanfare. The much anticipated Tosin and Basia one shots get released as fans eagerly await their crossover. Finally, fan favorite Changamire gets his own limited series, THE HISTORIES OF THE BLACK PANTHER: MINUS ONE... soon to be a Disney+ series.

By now it should be apparent to Marvel that T'Challa the Black Panther doesn't work or sell well when the titular character is made to be a powerless, supporting simp in the pages of his own ongoings. Even new readers will find little to endear themselves with concerning T'Challa the Black Panther.

Make mine Marvel when Redjack or someone equally as competent and committed is given the vibranium key to the kingdom of Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ture View Post
    With a fresh start, good artwork and potentially great storytelling... Whoa, this is disappointing. Ultimate Black Panther is three issues deep and Hill maintains the status-quo of T'Challa's truncated genius, absent skill set, reduced powers and negligible strategic capabilities. Not to mention the penchant for having T'Challa lectured on his privilege and lack of geopolitical understanding remains unabated and without purpose.

If Hill wanted a slow burn he wouldn't have killed T'Chaka in the first issue. He should have used these first three issues to world build on the mythology of Wakanda and the mystique of T'Challa the Black Panther; invested in the relationship of T'Challa and Okoye. Instead Hill creates some one and done lore that only Killmonger and Storm know. Makes Shuri a boss. Puts the Black Panther and the Dora Milaje in a sexless marriage and to add insult to injury Hill gives The Most Dangerous Man Alive a defective BP armor.

At this point whether in the 616 or Ultimate universe, just implement General Order 7. Have T'Challa leave earth and govern The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda, especially since its not being used anyway and spare T'Challa any further degradation. This will unburden all the BP characters of T'Challa's baggage, in effect freeing them up.

With T'Challa out of the way, the Shuri and Storm rule Wakanda ongoing can be released to great fanfare. The much anticipated Tosin and Basia one shots get released as fans eagerly await their crossover. Finally, fan favorite Changamire gets his own limited series, THE HISTORIES OF THE BLACK PANTHER: MINUS ONE... soon to be a Disney+ series.

By now it should be apparent to Marvel that T'Challa the Black Panther doesn't work or sell well when the titular character is made to be a powerless, supporting simp in the pages of his own ongoings. Even new readers will find little to endear themselves with concerning T'Challa the Black Panther.

Make mine Marvel when Redjack or someone equally as competent and committed is given the vibranium key to the kingdom of Black Panther.
    Ultimate BP is selling well though

Incredible Member

Hill knows how to write and So Far fans seem to love his UBP it’s not like the sales are low .

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    And a sizeable percentage are vocal fans of a certain mutant...
    Which is why I would've been more on her not showing uonat all. Especially in the capacity she has so far.

I'll go on record to say I haven't given up on Hill... Yet. I will give him a couple more issues like I have others but this was definitely NOT how this issue should've gone. AT THE VERY LEAST T'Challa should instead had discourse with Erik. He claims T'Challa doesn't understand the rest of the world and T'Challa counters that he does and Wakanda has helped or that he does know more than Erik is implying. Same for Storm the whole A king can be humbled is nonsense and T'Challa should be written as being smarter than what we have seen. He doesn't need to learn from people looking at the small picture.

Also Hill needs to put some action in this thing. T'Challa has been unimpressive this far and I want Hill to succeed I really REALLY want him to come through

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Hill knows how to write and So Far fans seem to love his UBP it’s not like the sales are low .
    Yeah and Coates sales were initially high and the story was absolute dogisht, and I'm not saying Hill is as bad but he needs to pick up the pace and of he is doing a slow burn, make T'Challa interesting atleast and moving the plot. That's not the barometer.

T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

This generation has become so impatient. And sometimes understandably so.

Art is when I miss the simpler times.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

It was easier (for me at least) to be patient when comics were cheaper.

At almost $7 (CAD) per issue and as a family man with bills, it's not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Except when the story is good and isnt spending an absorbance time world building, establishing side characters while the lead and villains Are left underdeveloped, people will eagerly wait without issue. That how's many were when issue 1 dropped

I haven't read the latest issue yet(I will this weekend) but I did come across this:

https://screenrant.com/ultimate-blac...t-moon-knight/

All-New Member

The solicitation for Blank Panther Blood Hunt #3 definitely sets up a new series to kick of in September:

BLACK PANTHER: BLOOD HUNT #3 (OF 3)

CHERYL LYNN EATON (W)

FARID KARAMI (A)

Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO

VARIANT COVER BY DAVI GO

THE DEEP-SEA FINALE!

• Black Panther must battle Atlantis in an underwater temple that holds the key to the vampires’ power!

• Will the gods help or harm the protector of Wakanda when his spirit is mired by vampirism?

• And what of T’Challa’s exile while he has been sneaking around within the Wakandan borders? Can this lost son finally return home?

BLAPBH2024003_Go_Var-scaled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thomdev View Post
    The solicitation for Blank Panther Blood Hunt #3 definitely sets up a new series to kick of in September:

BLACK PANTHER: BLOOD HUNT #3 (OF 3)

CHERYL LYNN EATON (W)

FARID KARAMI (A)

Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO

VARIANT COVER BY DAVI GO

THE DEEP-SEA FINALE!

• Black Panther must battle Atlantis in an underwater temple that holds the key to the vampires’ power!

• Will the gods help or harm the protector of Wakanda when his spirit is mired by vampirism?

• And what of T’Challa’s exile while he has been sneaking around within the Wakandan borders? Can this lost son finally return home?

BLAPBH2024003_Go_Var-scaled.jpg
    I guess the treaty between Wakanda and Atlantis is over now.

Incredible Member

So I just watched a recent interview with Bryan hill. He said he just finished book 7. I’m pretty sure he’s listening to most of you guys, because in almost every interview he brings up how the fans say tchalla not a genius, etc. He also said he has 12+ issues. He also said some book will be a slow burn. Let him cook
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    So I just watched a recent interview with Bryan hill. He said he just finished book 7. I’m pretty sure he’s listening to most of you guys, because in almost every interview he brings up how the fans say tchalla not a genius, etc. He also said he has 12+ issues. He also said some book will be a slow burn. Let him cook
    Again. We let Coats Cook. We.let Ridley cook. and we let Ewing cook. At 3-6 dollars an issue.

We literally can't keep doing it.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.