Page 129 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2029

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    X-Men 97 is crushing it. Gives me a lil hope.
    Attachment 139098
    I wonder if they could do Avengers '98 and basically just call it Earth's Mightiest Heroes season 3.

But then I would want the EMH VA's back and they already have Josh Keaton as Cap...

Quote Originally Posted by Orogene80 View Post
    Mackay's T'Challa has been the best version of T'Challa in a min (unsurprisingly continuing the trend of T'Challa being far better written outside his main book). 13 issues from a team book and T'Challa has more feats and true-to-character moments than the last 8 years. It's actually embarrassing at this point.

MacKay also managed to squeeze in that one more character-driven moment between T'Challa and Thor, proving again that T'Challa doesn't have to be written like an ineffectual baby to carve out some space for heartfelt character beats. If only his peers on the main titles realized this...
    T'Challa has been doing better in the Avengers for the past two volumes compared to his solos.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they could do Avengers '98 and basically just call it Earth's Mightiest Heroes season 3.

But then I would want the EMH VA's back and they already have Josh Keaton as Cap...
    Watching X-men 97 just makes me wonder why superhero animation has almost been entirely abandoned.

It's interesting because it was some of these cartoons that got us into comics.

You'd be surprised at how many people got into DC (for example) because of the Super Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Watching X-men 97 just makes me wonder why superhero animation has almost been entirely abandoned.

You'd be surprised at how many people got into DC (for example) because of the Super Friends.
    Yeah. They have a few out but there's more that can be done.

Marvel has the What If...? series. They're doing a Wakanda and Spider-Man animated series. Maybe with the success of X-Men '97 they will put out more

It's not been so much abandoned as kiddified: They are still cranking out Teen Titans Go episodes, and Moon Girl is getting a second season.

I remember how for years Marvel had such lackluster cartoons...

It's weird because animation has made a huge cone back and become more mainstream. Especially now that more people are embracing Manga and Anime, you would think comics and cartoons would want to capitalize on it

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    It's not been so much abandoned as kiddified: They are still cranking out Teen Titans Go episodes, and Moon Girl is getting a second season.
    This may sound bias and show my age but I really think the 90s was kinda peak for cartoons on the West atleast, but even then things like the OG DB or DBZ is so much different and had nore weight behind it than say DB super

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember how for years Marvel had such lackluster cartoons...
    Marvel Entertainment lead by Jeph Loeb, who had an explicit mission statement of making cartoons for kids.

Result is Ultimate Spider-Man which was stupid as hell, Avengers Assemble being a MCU shill-piece, Marvel's Spider-Man and Marvel Rising.

The latter of which with weak animation and art-style which if from what I hear is true the animators were under orders to not break the models during animation which is why the animation in all those shows is so cheap and stilted looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This may sound bias and show my age but I really think the 90s was kinda peak for cartoons on the West atleast, but even then things like the OG DB or DBZ is so much different and had nore weight behind it than say DB super
    Well, I don't know how old you are (I'm in my mid-50s) but I tend to agree about Western animation, although I'd say there were still good cartoons in the 2000s, like JLU and the original Teen Titans.

It feels like sometime around 2012-2013, everybody just shifted three notches into the goofy end of the spectrum.

(It's a little trickier to evaluate anime since most of the stuff we get in the US comes from Weekly Shonen Jump titles. But there's a LOT more out there.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Marvel Entertainment lead by Jeph Loeb, who had an explicit mission statement of making cartoons for kids.

Result is Ultimate Spider-Man which was stupid as hell, Avengers Assemble being a MCU shill-piece, Marvel's Spider-Man and Marvel Rising.

The latter of which with weak animation and art-style which if from what I hear is true the animators were under orders to not break the models during animation which is why the animation in all those shows is so cheap and stilted looking.
    Marvel Rising (outside Ultimate Spider-man) was probably the best visually and that's not saying much.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah. They have a few out but there's more that can be done.

Marvel has the What If...? series. They're doing a Wakanda and Spider-Man animated series. Maybe with the success of X-Men '97 they will put out more
    Hopefully.

X-men 97 going as hard as it is just makes one want more superhero animation.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-25-2024 at 09:10 PM.

Ultimate Member

Very true.

I think the original Teen Titans series got canned because it didn't move merchandise.

Although, i have to admit that Teen Titans Go is super popular amongst the kids. I think with streaming, the studios could do a bit more of young adult oriented animation but the US ultimately sees this stuff as kids entertainment. I know WB still puts out R-rated animation but my understanding is that it's something they'll stop.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-26-2024 at 06:08 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's weird because animation has made a huge cone back and become more mainstream. Especially now that more people are embracing Manga and Anime, you would think comics and cartoons would want to capitalize on it
    Exactly.

I legit don't understand how these companies work or think.

Well, I don't know how old you are (I'm in my mid-50s) but I tend to agree about Western animation, although I'd say there were still good cartoons in the 2000s, like JLU and the original Teen Titans.

It feels like sometime around 2012-2013, everybody just shifted three notches into the goofy end of the spectrum.

(It's a little trickier to evaluate anime since most of the stuff we get in the US comes from Weekly Shonen Jump titles. But there's a LOT more out there.)
    I'm in my mid 30s so 2 decades younger, I do remember 90-early 00s being good, and yes Anime wise did get a lot of the popular stuff but even then it was still really REALLY good. And wasn't afraid to be.. serious? Treat the audience like they can handle more than just jokes and goofiness? Atleast toonami did that, but it just seems like shows are all about dumb toilet humor, like worse than before