Page 95 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1961

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Wrong:

1. Storm

2. Shuri given T’Challa’s intelligence again instead of her own thing. If a supporting character needs to steal from T’Challa to be relevant then they don’t need to be around

3. Too soon for a traitor subplot when there are only 2 possibilities and we barely know the characters

4. Lack of T’Challa fight scenes and I’m not talking about when he used the mech. When he finally had the chance to show off what this new T’Challa can do he needed to get saved by Storm

5. Too much MCU influences and not enough originality

Right:

1. T’Challa isn’t a chump that gets talked down to by everyone and accepts it

2. Plot is moving and not dragging

3. Okoye
    I feel like people just don't understand WHY MCU Shuri is such a problem. It's not that she became the sole expanse of Wakandan technological advancement when it used to be T'Challa, (MCU could've easily established that she was the CURRENT leader and making great strides while giving T'Challa his due credit such as making VB inert) but it's because they also took T'Challas genius away then has Shuri poke fun at him, which in the first movie was okay when T'Challa was Alive and had a whole trilogy ahead of him to show it. BUT they took it from him because Shuri had Zero development and nothing to do so they hijack that trait. Something they would never do to a white heroes core trait.

Then they transplant that into the Comics and STILL she doesn't contribute and only takes. She hasn't/doesn't do anything noteworthy with her genius but 100% prevents T'Challa from doing things with his in the Solo books. RJ truly did it right in KiB

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Wrong:

1. Storm

2. Shuri given T’Challa’s intelligence again instead of her own thing. If a supporting character needs to steal from T’Challa to be relevant then they don’t need to be around

3. Too soon for a traitor subplot when there are only 2 possibilities and we barely know the characters

4. Lack of T’Challa fight scenes and I’m not talking about when he used the mech. When he finally had the chance to show off what this new T’Challa can do he needed to get saved by Storm

5. Too much MCU influences and not enough originality

Right:

1. T’Challa isn’t a chump that gets talked down to by everyone and accepts it

2. Plot is moving and not dragging

3. Okoye

lol yall got to stop crying over storm. She apart of the black panther franchise. Nothing you can do about it
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    lol yall got to stop crying over storm. She apart of the black panther franchise. Nothing you can do about it
    I have no issue w storm being present or even being the end game for T'Challa. From a business standpoint it makes complete sense and will be Vindicated once it goes full mainstream in movies.
    So far though I'm just waiting for her to be a net positive to the Black Panther franchise rather than her own progression at its expense

Incredible Member

People are assigning 616 complaints to this universe and it’s silly
    It’s been two issues good lord

The issue isn't Storm. The problem is when an X-writer decides to get involved and wants to use Storm in a way that fraks with BP and Wakanda. No thanks to that.

In this Ultimate universe, that may not be the case but there's no guarantee someone won't come along and want to frak isht up with stupid games.

Incredible Member

I don’t have any complaints because I understand this is a different universe and
    This Tchalla shouldn’t be the same as his 616 counterpart.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Okay, this question is for everyone. So in the 6160 Ultimate Universe in your opinion, what his Hill done right and what has he done wrong with Black Panther/T'Challa 2 issues in?
    The only egregious thing he's done so far was have T'Challa get overwhelmed by six low level foot soldiers after getting out of the ship. That was just ridiculous. I also would've preferred T'Challa being written as a scientist/engineer as well, but given the Dune bend I'm willing to see where he goes.

Largely though, everything has been positive imo. I'm engaged in the story and really want to see where it goes.

Incredible Member

They’re starting to sound like the people who still complain that miles is spider man .
    Storm been part of BP mythos for damn near two decades it’s time to let go of
    The complaining…

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah she's a part of the Black Panther franchise until the X-Men crew say "LMFAO" and it's back to square one.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    They’re starting to sound like the people who still complain that miles is spider man .
    The complaining…
    If only the X-Office would recognize this and stop frakking isht up because they want Storm in some other relationship.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If only the X-Office would recognize this and stop frakking isht up because they want Storm in some other relationship.
    Agreed or at least stop throwing shade

Y'all REALLy don't want me writing BP, then, because that relationship would be killed, buried and the grave lit on fire.

they BOTH need their own stories. mixing them has caused nothing but trouble for both franchises.

Funny how she is only apart of the franchise when it benefits her, but T'Challa doesn't seem to get that same extension to the x franchise outside of pot shots and using his world to give Storm upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Y'all REALLy don't want me writing BP, then, because that relationship would be killed, buried and the grave lit on fire.

they BOTH need their own stories. mixing them has caused nothing but trouble for both franchises.
    RJ, you know dang well we would pull a Thanos and snap half the universe if that would get you on a BP title.

We just won't snap the half that likes BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    The complaining…
    Huh, I didn't know 2005 - 2012 was nearly 2 decades. Just be that new math they are teaching kids these days...