Page 38 of 132 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Ultimate storm being in the book is like the only thing giving me pause because I’d rather she isn’t connected to the BP franchise and I don’t know how Hill will handle it. There’s always a monkey’s paw. Maybe I’ll wait and see and leave my issue for a storm fan to pick up

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    What you are saying is valid. But at the end of the day storm and tchalla is what it is lol. Just like Peter and MJ. Got to get over it lol.
    Except MJ is a Spider man created character who is apart of his franchise and has been since her creation. Storm is an X men character, no matter what any one says, at the end of the day c office will pull her back whenever they want. The ones who need to get over it are the people who keep wanting them to be a couple. How much more evidence is needed? Coates wasted TONS of time and issues setting up T'Challa and Storm just for a x writer on some C tier book to undo all of it ON A SINGLE ISSUE, while also unapologetically adding in some BS sword into the Wakandan lore just to benefit Storm. Then Ridley came in and killed it dead, making T'Challa look like a whiny idiot and Storm just an unlikable ass.

Yet Marvel still lets people waste time with Storm even though she jumps into bed with the next flavored the month xmen character... I hope Hill gives us something new, refreshing, and a direction that is Storm free

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Except MJ is a Spider man created character who is apart of his franchise and has been since her creation. Storm is an X men character, no matter what any one says, at the end of the day c office will pull her back whenever they want. The ones who need to get over it are the people who keep wanting them to be a couple. How much more evidence is needed? Coates wasted TONS of time and issues setting up T'Challa and Storm just for a x writer on some C tier book to undo all of it ON A SINGLE ISSUE, while also unapologetically adding in some BS sword into the Wakandan lore just to benefit Storm. Then Ridley came in and killed it dead, making T'Challa look like a whiny idiot and Storm just an unlikable ass.

Yet Marvel still lets people waste time with Storm even though she jumps into bed with the next flavored the month xmen character... I hope Hill gives us something new, refreshing, and a direction that is Storm free
    At some point it has to be asked if Marvel's holding on to the ship out of stubbornness or ego. It's no secret that BP is persona non grata amongst the X-Office, and the BP fans by in large aren't chomping at the bit to have them be together either. Something has to give.

Ultimate Member

What you are saying is valid. But at the end of the day storm and tchalla is what it is lol. Just like Peter and MJ. Got to get over it lol.
    Getting over it is me dropping the book.

Plain and simple.

They keep forcing this mess and we KNOW the that OTHER office will never approve of.

Peter and MJ worked because EVERYONE RESPECTED the relationship up till One more Day. Since then other books don't trash Peter or MJ the way the SHADEFEST is done to T'Challa in X-books.

Why do they keep tossing this out? Because they won't invest in any other relationship a black man has? We've seen Luke and Jessica. They tossed away Monica and Blue Marvel, Prodigy and Surge, Mettle and Hazard and Synch's days with a woman is numbered.

They are not doing Miles and Gwen like this.

Is this some sort of Phase 7 of Marvel movies where they are together thanks to whatever Secret Wars is going do? And even if that happens-is the X-office going to obey?

unpopular opinion

I don't like BP and Storm in the 616. **** didn't work, for 100000000 reasons.

I can be "wait and see" with Ultimate Universe. There are different rules there. It isn't nearly the same thing.

If Hill is allowed ot use Storm, he is likely allowed to actually use her and not be stuck behind another office throwign a hissy fit about it.

Plus.. can you imagien Storm the side piece instead of the queen? That would be hilarious just for the fan outrage lol.

It wont effect me buying the book unless T'challa turns into T'Chumpa. Second that happens, I'm out.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Getting over it is me dropping the book.

Plain and simple.

They keep forcing this mess and we KNOW the that OTHER office will never approve of.

Peter and MJ worked because EVERYONE RESPECTED the relationship up till One more Day. Since then other books don't trash Peter or MJ the way the SHADEFEST is done to T'Challa in X-books.

Why do they keep tossing this out? Because they won't invest in any other relationship a black man has? We've seen Luke and Jessica. They tossed away Monica and Blue Marvel, Prodigy and Surge, Mettle and Hazard and Synch's days with a woman is numbered.

They are not doing Miles and Gwen like this.

Is this some sort of Phase 7 of Marvel movies where they are together thanks to whatever Secret Wars is going do? And even if that happens-is the X-office going to obey?
    If we were talking 616 I would agree. But this universe is Hickman's baby and Hickman wanted them together in the main universe but was shot down. I don't think there can be any x-office meddling in this universe. So here she's pretty much a black panther character till they show otherwise

Niffleheim

exactly! idc about Ororo being added in the book and an annulment is better than a sidechick (if that even happens) so all the overreaction about Storm is a non-issue to me bc Okoye being the Queen kind of neutralized the Storm relationship aspect to zero for me. The relationship is viewed as a negative in the X-Books and now it certainly will be a negative in a BP story(at least in this universe)
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member

I’m over herE laughing y’all a little bit touchy lol
    I get it I get it. With that said there is no point in having storm in the story.
    They could’ve left her out this its a different universe. With that said okoye and tchalla could fall in love or it can be the other way around. If y’all seen dune Paul was dreaming of the person he falls in love. Paul even gets married because of
    Political reasons, but never had children with his wife but wanted his kids to have a different bloodline with chani.

Also Paul’s parents never got married the father loved his mom but didn’t marry her because of political reasons.

Anyway this book about to be good. Which ever way it goes I’ll support it.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Peter/MJ may thrive in the Nu UU but its as close as dead in 616. There's no reason to even start Ororo/Tchalla in Nu UU.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Really hoping that UBP will be everything we want it to be and hopefully what T'Challa deserves. At the very least this is the first time in the last several years that I actually have some faith that good times are ahead for us.
    I feel pretty positive about this too. First time in quite a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    At some point it has to be asked if Marvel's holding on to the ship out of stubbornness or ego. It's no secret that BP is persona non grata amongst the X-Office, and the BP fans by in large aren't chomping at the bit to have them be together either. Something has to give.
    Marvel just wants the tension the Storm/BP relationship creates. Even if they somehow manage to get together in in UBP, there will be some plot they causes them to break-up/realize that they can't be together.

Then it's time for Queen Zanda to come in and mend a broken heart (T'Challa's, not Storms' ).

Ultimate X-Men is set to focus exclusively on mutants in Japan. Doesn’t seem like there even is a “traditional” X-Men team, Xavier might have been killed by Maker for all we know. So… doing T’Challa/Storm could work because in 6160 she would be primarily a Black Panther character, not an X-Men character. I would prefer selecting another love interest for T’Challa but eh I’ll wait and see what Hill has planned.

If Hill is going that route it absolutely is going to be a Paul/Chani thing which would make the Storm fans mad because she won’t be Wakanda’s Queen or God - just T’Challa’s baby momma
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I've come to believe the T'Challa-Ororo linking was less a creative choice by Hudlin than it was a strategic marketing move to boost BP sales and to inextricably link the title with the smaller fanbase to the one with the larger.

Had Hudlin, who has the coveted "real" Hollywood clout, stayed on the title, that linking might have worked. He could have shoved back whenever the X Office made a move to diminish T'Challa in favor of Storm. But he did not stay on the book. While McDuffie and others made the relationship a happy partnership that worked, the VAST majority of writers and editors since then have used it emasculate T'Challa and diminish Wakanda at every opportunity. This has been ridiculously the case in the Coates Era (which includes Coates and every writer on the main title since. I don't count because I didn't ever write on the main title. KiB actively ignores everything done in the main title.)

The only way to correct this ongoing and pernicious error is to separate them again, KEEP them separate, permanently, and let each develop their own love interest and rogues with their past relationship now a component of their characters that can be used to generate stories and drama as needed but which is never again the focus.
    Last edited by Redjack; 02-02-2024 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ultimate X-Men is set to focus exclusively on mutants in Japan. Doesn’t seem like there even is a “traditional” X-Men team, Xavier might have been killed by Maker for all we know. So… doing T’Challa/Storm could work because in 6160 she would be primarily a Black Panther character, not an X-Men character. I would prefer selecting another love interest for T’Challa but eh I’ll wait and see what Hill has planned.

If Hill is going that route it absolutely is going to be a Paul/Chani thing which would make the Storm fans mad because she won’t be Wakanda’s Queen or God - just T’Challa’s baby momma
    I don't think that setting is going to last very long before they revert to some version of a typical X-team.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I've come to believe the T'Challa-Ororo linking was less a creative choice by Hudlin than it was a strategic marketing move to boost BP sales and to inextricably link the title with the smaller fanbase to the one with the larger.

Had Hudlin, who has the coveted "real" Hollywood clout, stayed on the title, that linking might have worked. He could have shoved back whenever the X Office made a move to diminish T'Challa in favor of Storm. But he did not stay on the book. While McDuffie and others made the relationship a happy partnership that worked, the VAST majority of writers and editors since then have used it emasculate T'Challa and Wakanda at every opportunity. This has been ridiculously the case in the Coates Era (which includes Coates and every writer on the main title since. I don't count because I didn't ever write on the main title. KiB actively ignores everything done in the main title.)

The only way to correct this ongoing and pernicious error is to separate them again, KEEP them separate, permanently, and let each develop their own love interest and rogues with their past relationship now a component of their characters that can be used to generate stories and drama as needed but which is never again the focus.
    You notice how Storm gets to move on to other relationships but T'Challa doesn't. Not one writer on the solo since the marriage ended has put T'Challa in another long-lasting relationship. NuNukia was a blip on the radar and then she died. But she got a statue that no one remembers.

They want to keep T'Challa single and available just in case they want to turn the drama back on.