Page 43 of 133 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Ultimate Black Panther was an incredible introduction to a new version of the mythos. I’ll wait till tomorrow to go into detail but all I have to say is, T’Challa is the best he’s been in YEARS.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

From what little I heard it sounds like there isn’t much difference between 6160 T’Challa and 616

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    From what little I heard it sounds like there isn’t much difference between 6160 T’Challa and 616
    Pretty similar.

We will have to see if it is more of a priest/liss panther or a hudlin/Chadwick panther

aka if we will see plans on plans and being paranoid/prepared is a thing or if he is more of a pure warrior type.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

At least we know that the interest is high and if Hill does well, hopefully we can keep it. If Hill can maintain good and consistent sales Marvel will take a look and finally course correct 616 if they’re not planning to do so already. And hopefully ppl aren’t just buying it because it’s a #1 since #1 usually sell well.
    See it's all about hitting the ground running, and the preview and description we got is showing that already. This story needs to be fast paced, high octane action with solid character building that is focused on and around T'Challa and what HE is doing. Then have a satisfying ending with T'Challa being a badass and I think the sales will be there. Fans are HUNGRY for good BP content

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Pretty similar.

We will have to see if it is more of a priest/liss panther or a hudlin/Chadwick panther

aka if we will see plans on plans and being paranoid/prepared is a thing or if he is more of a pure warrior type.
    I hope it's the return of the Priest/Liss version with warrior aspects. I think we've suffered long enough through the last decade of Mopey Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    See it's all about hitting the ground running, and the preview and description we got is showing that already. This story needs to be fast paced, high octane action with solid character building that is focused on and around T'Challa and what HE is doing. Then have a satisfying ending with T'Challa being a badass and I think the sales will be there. Fans are HUNGRY for good BP content
    They're already doing a 2nd printing off issue #1 so I think they're anticipating some pretty good sales.

Incredible Member

Realistic sales numbers once the hype dies down?
    25-30k monthly?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I hope it's the return of the Priest/Liss version with warrior aspects. I think we've suffered long enough through the last decade of Mopey Panther.
    well, based off #1, UlTchalla aint mopey AT ALL
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    25-30k monthly?
    Absolutely no idea.

Sales figures estimates aren't made public anymore.

ICV2's estimates are from PoS purchases and they are heavily affected by release timing (with the exception of the big hitters, a lot of titles yo-yo in their figures).

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    25-30k monthly?
    Ideally? 45-50k a month. If Coates bumass A nation could stay mostly above 30k for it's duration (although it was also propped up by gimmicks) I think Hill, If he is coming correct can't maintain around 40k

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Ideally? 45-50k a month. If Coates bumass A nation could stay mostly above 30k for it's duration (although it was also propped up by gimmicks) I think Hill, If he is coming correct can't maintain around 40k
    People stuck with Coates to if he would course correct from his historically bad take on BP. Sadly for us, he never did.

Ironically, Coates supporters abandoned the book before BP fans did.

Yeah it’s sold out online but they may have a few copies they can set aside for you at your local comic book store

“I think the difference between what’s going on now in the 616 and what’s going on in ULTIMATE BLACK PANTHER is I’m using a broader philosophical canvas,” Hill told ComicBook.com in a recent interview. “I think that Wakanda and the world of Black Panther is vast and extends into history up until now, headed towards the future. It’s a lot. I’ve been using Frank Herbert’s Dune as an analog to what I’m doing in the sense that you have a rich world with varying philosophical ideas and the sort of conflict and synergy between ancient spiritualism and modern practical politics.”

-Bryan Hill.
    The difference is that Bryan Hill's Black Panther doesn't suck.

The two are far closer than 6160 Peter is to his 616 counterpart. There’s one big difference between the two that I’m very interested in discovering if it has an impact on how this T’Challa acts. Could potentially explain why 6160 T’Challa has kept his head down and restrained Wakanda for so long.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/